HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 1:11 PM
Philly Pholly

I was looking at OLIN Studios website and found this. They are the ones doing Festival Pier, along with Jefferson Apartment Group and Haverford Properties.

They do seem to have focus on restoring the waterfront.

"OLIN has been selected by the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation to lead the planning and design of a new Wetlands Park along the Delaware River in South Philadelphia. The project will focus on the area just south of Washington Avenue, encompassing Piers 64, 67, 68, and 70. First envisioned in OLIN’s Master Plan for the Central Delaware, the ecological park is the latest addition to the growing number of reinvigorated public spaces along the Waterfront and will seek to preserve and enhance existing natural assets while creating adequate public access for all."

SouthWetlands-blog-emailheader

https://www.theolinstudio.com/news/2...CeQsY5q0-ga7mE

Last edited by SEFTA; Oct 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 1:46 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Proposal for 4200 Lancaster-- could just be some crap they made up for its current for sale listing interesting nonetheless

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 2:16 PM

I’ve been saying for a while now that Lancaster Avenue was just one step away from booming. The trolley is a very valuable asset.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I’ve been saying for a while now that Lancaster Avenue was just one step away from booming. The trolley is a very valuable asset.
Yep, give it a little while and I believe that Lancaster Ave will become West Philly's next Baltimore Ave. Everything between 34th and 44th/Belmont Avenue could be a destination for mixed-use development.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Yep, give it a little while and I believe that Lancaster Ave will become West Philly's next Baltimore Ave. Everything between 34th and 44th/Belmont Avenue could be a destination for mixed-use development.
I've met some of the community organizers and they're fantastic people. They've been working with uCity Square to ensure that the development fronting Lancaster will have street-facing retail.

I've always wondered what it would be like to replace the 13 with a subway. I think it would only stand to help, considering that the community has tried to organize events down the Avenue but has been stopped every time by SEPTA, who refuses to bustitute it unless absolutely necessary.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 5:34 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
It'll happen but it's still gonna be awhile. There's been a lot of trades along Lancaster in the last two years and new things are getting listed but a lot of the long-time owners are listing their properties at ridiculously unrealistic numbers.

One developer has been assembling lots on both sides of the 4100 block for 20 years, I think he might of just snagged a new one last week. The problem is that most of the pieces on the 3900 and 4000 blocks are owned by slumlords, small church congregations, and non-profits. It's doubtful the 4100 block will change much until the 3900 and 4000 blocks redevelop.

Think of it like Point Breeze Ave-- the blocks all around it have changed significantly but the Ave itself has only changed in a few spots. Same will probably happen with Lancaster.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
a crane and some excavators are on site and things seem pretty torn up. this seems like legit prep work based on the amount of debris being moved and not some temporary thing. the work is being done at the north end of the site without much happening at the southern end, though it does appear they’re moving in that direction.
Here's a pic off Instagram:

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:28 PM

PA in the top 10 least tax friendly states.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...of2&yptr=yahoo

To be courteous of all, let’s not debate this or tax policy. Just want to share the info for anyone interested.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 1:02 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Latest renderings of 1018 Germantown Ave that's under construction now

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
Latest renderings of 1018 Germantown Ave that's under construction now

My goodness that is bad.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:18 PM

^^^

Honestly. Who he HAIL approved this??!!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 5:28 PM

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
That's a great development for that area! So many plots on Delaware are finally getting filled!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 8:58 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
Surprisingly they're not using Harmon DoucheDeutsch on this one.

Varenhorst is the architect, per the CDR document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xjf...2YaQVsY7B/view

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 9:14 PM
Philly Pholly

I like it. I am hoping there will be some sort of retail along Delaware

Fishtown’s Delaware River waterfront

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20191007.html

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 3:23 AM
More of that.

Very happy for Streamline on this one. They’re going through it over there with the loss of Sean. And I think there’s a trial. Hope they continue making bigger moves.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I like it. I am hoping there will be some sort of retail along Delaware

Fishtown’s Delaware River waterfront

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20191007.html
Per the CDR doc in the link provided, there is not. This drives me insane that developers do this. "there's no demand for retail in this location because other retail spaces in nearby buildings have failed." yeah, except you're delivering 244 apartments across the street from 60-70 high-end townhomes and anyone who lives on this side of I-95 in Fishtown has to walk north to get any basic retail offerings. I get that it's a little risky, but put in one retail space and have a little faith that the 300-500 people living within a block and the thousands of people living within a few blocks and the hundreds of people coming and going to Penn Treaty Park might actually patronize a business here.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Per the CDR doc in the link provided, there is not. This drives me insane that developers do this. "there's no demand for retail in this location because other retail spaces in nearby buildings have failed." yeah, except you're delivering 244 apartments across the street from 60-70 high-end townhomes and anyone who lives on this side of I-95 in Fishtown has to walk north to get any basic retail offerings. I get that it's a little risky, but put in one retail space and have a little faith that the 300-500 people living within a block and the thousands of people living within a few blocks and the hundreds of people coming and going to Penn Treaty Park might actually patronize a business here.
Agreed. I know CDR has no binding power but I'd really appreciate it if at least someone suggested ground floor retail.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 5:28 PM

They should have at least 2,000 sf for a deli or coffee shop.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 8:58 PM
Philly Pholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Agreed. It drives me crazy. I believe Delaware Avenue/Columbus Blvd are going to go through major changes the next couple of years. It's time to start guiding the direction of the waterfront.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development