HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1121  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 8:36 AM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 572
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1122  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 4:33 AM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 572
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1123  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:05 AM
Inquizative Inquizative is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 90
"Great Scott!" Nice shots! Does anyone know if that platform next to train tracks is some type of patio deck?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1124  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:37 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizative View Post
"Great Scott!" Nice shots! Does anyone know if that platform next to train tracks is some type of patio deck?
Sure looks like it. Would make a lot of sense for amenities on a deck there since it’s got that southern exposure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1125  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:46 PM
Easiered Easiered is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Sure looks like it. Would make a lot of sense for amenities on a deck there since it’s got that southern exposure.
But if the building on the triangle gets developed, wouldn’t it put the deck in the shade so the southern exposure wouldn’t matter?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1126  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 8:24 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,488
I thought this project was supposed to have both an indoor and outdoor pool. Anyone know anything about that? I think NYC has a pool on a bridge between two buildings; that would be cool to do here, but PMC is never going to put out the bucks for something like that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1127  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 2:42 PM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phila., PA
Posts: 2,503
A little bit dated, but some great shots:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNFN50bhy8K/

(added bonus - The Laurel rising)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGbvplj0KH/


https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIAvaYjQ8c/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1128  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 3:54 AM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Yank in Tex
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: TXpatriate
Posts: 2,362
That glass is slicker than a liquid mercury waterfall gaaawdd
__________________
BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1129  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 3:21 PM
arkitect13 arkitect13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 96
I Cant get over how good this look! I wish they had direct access to the park along the river but, i can get over that. The glass is so smooth! and the metal fins/accents look AMAZING! The transformation this area will have over the next few years is astonishing, there are how many cranes/projects in the area? theres the residential highrise at the yards, the other PMC tower next door, the office tower, and overbuild too!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1130  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 9:53 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 1,452
Riverwalk by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Notice the glass on the south tower rising
__________________
Buy our 3d models here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/micropolitan

Last edited by TK2001; Apr 6, 2021 at 4:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1131  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 11:21 PM
TonyTone's Avatar
TonyTone TonyTone is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tri-State DE-PA-NJ
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
I Cant get over how good this look! I wish they had direct access to the park along the river but, i can get over that. The glass is so smooth! and the metal fins/accents look AMAZING! The transformation this area will have over the next few years is astonishing, there are how many cranes/projects in the area? theres the residential highrise at the yards, the other PMC tower next door, the office tower, and overbuild too!
Wait they don't have direct access to the riverwalk?

Shouldn't riverwalk access be mandatory for any riverwalk building?
__________________
Promoting Cities since 1998!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1132  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 5:02 PM
Londonee Londonee is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Wait they don't have direct access to the riverwalk?

Shouldn't riverwalk access be mandatory for any riverwalk building?
Yeah I remember being surprised when they released the initial renderings and the buildings had no interaction at all with the River Trail. Seemed like a missed opportunity.

There is at-grade access at Cherry Street though, so it's not like it's a huge burden to walk down 23rd street....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1133  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 5:37 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Yeah I remember being surprised when they released the initial renderings and the buildings had no interaction at all with the River Trail. Seemed like a missed opportunity.

There is at-grade access at Cherry Street though, so it's not like it's a huge burden to walk down 23rd street....
PMC probably didn't want the public to be able to troop through their property, along with possible legal issue that might bring up. This is Philly, home of the lawsuit. And then theres the issue of dealing with the railroad------.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1134  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 11:18 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,231
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1135  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 1:51 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 1,452
__________________
Buy our 3d models here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/micropolitan
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1136  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 10:48 PM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phila., PA
Posts: 2,503
Getting closer to surpassing the north tower.


https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnHufVDtVR/
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:46 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.