HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 2:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I think a good café would do really well there. Being able to just go downstairs instead of taking your car out would be pretty convenient.
I agree. Tannery Place does not need sushi shops or granola restaurants. These would do better in High Street locations with a lot of traffic. What Tannery Place and the Junction Village needs is a good neighbourhood café or coffee shop. They would do much better in this location.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
The demographic in the Tannery Place buildings is mainly retired people with disposable income. There's a lot of empty nesters who have sold their homes in the suburbs to live in a high end apartment downtown.

I think a good café would do really well there. Being able to just go downstairs instead of taking your car out would be pretty convenient.
I'm not a huge fan of starbucks but if they wanted to reenter downtown this would be a good spot for them. Having some built in clientele would help negate the loss of WFH workers. Would prefer to see a local cafe though.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 8:37 PM

As far as I know, Starbucks business model now, is units that have drive-thrus. Their main street location was a great place, always busy during the day. It would be nice to see them downtown again, but I don't think we'll see them at Tannery Place.

It seems to me though, a café would be a perfect addition here; great for the tenants.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 9:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yuzu Sushi has apparently reopened in Tannery Place South

Old Posted Jan 21, 2024, 12:46 AM

I wonder when we'll hear about the next phase of the Junction? Also what building will be next?

I'd like to see a 55 Queen type building along Main Street, except taller. They originally planned on a hotel, so why not have a few floors of residential units above! Both Tannery buildings were fully leased before construction finished, so the market is there.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The last vacant CRU in Tannery Place South now appears to be under interior fit-up. I have no idea what's moving in, but, given the layout of the interior partitions that they are creating, this will not be traditional retail. It is more lkely to be commercial office of some kind.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The last vacant CRU in Tannery Place South now appears to be under interior fit-up. I have no idea what's moving in, but, given the layout of the interior partitions that they are creating, this will not be traditional retail. It is more lkely to be commercial office of some kind.
Professional services of some type maybe?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 11:56 AM

Would be a great spot for a dentist or physio-type offering. With the density building up in the area, it would be handy to have one close.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
Would be a great spot for a dentist or physio-type offering. With the density building up in the area, it would be handy to have one close.
The demographic in the Tannery Place buildings is mostly retired people who have sold their homes to downsize. That's according to the developer when the first building was under construction. So anything medical related would be a nice benefit for them. and as you point out, the whole area.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:23 PM

There’s a mobile crane by the GoodLife today not sure what for

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
There’s a mobile crane by the GoodLife today not sure what for
Well, this is where the next building was to go up. We'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Well, this is where the next building was to go up. We'll have to keep an eye on this one.
I thought the next one was supposed to be on the corner of Main and Vaughan Harvey: https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06771455

Or has this taken precedence? https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06505066

Either way, good to see new activity here.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 8:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I took a drive after work to see what was going on. There was no mobile crane on site, but, a short distance away on West Main Street, a major bit of sewer work was going on, with a partial street closure, and several large pieces of equipment, including a large mobile crane.

I would guess that when Leror321 saw the crane, it was temporarily parked at the Junction Village waiting for work on Main Street to get underway.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces