HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 1, 2015, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I saw an awesome facade mockup this morning at Woodward's facility on Earhart. Tons of Cor Ten steel. Anyone know what it could be for?
POssibly the International Shipholding Headquarters in Warehouse District.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 6:31 PM
life is good

New Golf Course in City Park Approved
http://midcitymessenger.com/2015/02/...-in-city-park/

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 11:26 PM
-

The Outdoor dining area proposed for LULA Distillery looks like its going to be really nice:

Old Posted Feb 3, 2015, 12:54 AM
life is good

That's for the vacant lot right there or no?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2015, 1:30 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
That's for the vacant lot right there or no?
Lulas is on the other end of the block. A large hotel that is part of this project is planned for the empty lot on melpomene and st charles.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2015, 2:16 AM
life is good

Gotcha thanks for the reply

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 7:41 PM
life is good

Jeff Parish to introduce real time bus tracking
http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ss...l#incart_river

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 10:34 PM
-

Mayor Landrieu, Aviation Board Announce New International Airline

February 03, 2015

NEW ORLEANS, LA – On Thursday, February 5, 2015, Mayor Landrieu will join the New Orleans Aviation Board to introduce a new international airline offering service from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.

Media representatives are invited to attend to interview Mayor Landrieu, airline representatives, city officials, and airport representatives.

WHO: Mayor Mitchell Landrieu, City of New Orleans

International Airline Representatives
Louis Armstrong Intenational Airport Officials
CIty, Parish Officials

WHEN: Thursday, February 5, 2015
2:00 p.m.

WHERE: Louis Armstrong International Airport, Concourse C, Pre-Security

http://www.nola.gov/mayor/press-rele...-announcement/

Any bets on which airline ?

Im thinking (hoping)its British Airways and London Heathrow.. what do you guys think?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 10:36 PM

It's COPA to Panama City. Service will be operated 4X weekly. The flights are already bookable online. Service starts in late June.

This will be the first scheduled nonstop to Central America in 10 years, and the first to Panama in 30 years! HUGE news for the city!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 10:41 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMSY79 View Post
It's COPA to Panama City. Service will be operated 4X weekly. The flights are already bookable online. Service starts in late June.

This will be the first scheduled nonstop to Central America in 10 years, and the first to Panama in 30 years! HUGE news for the city!

Oh well thanks for bursting my bubble.lol I kid.. Although Im still hopeful for London but Copa is a good start.. too . Its funny because they were going to be my second guess. i flew them to Panama City and then Buenos Aires last year and its a good airline . Plus they have huge network in Latin America.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 10:44 PM

I think BA to London will happen but probably not until next year when they get new aircraft on the property.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 10:49 PM
-

Quote:
I think BA to London will happen but probably not until next year when they get new aircraft on the property.
Its funny because there are two other airports I look at to see what service is likely for New Orleans at this time and that's Nashville and Austin. Any service or airline those airports have that we don't and vice versa I expect to be added. Austin has service to London on BA so I feel like we would be likely..

Also what do you mean by get new aircraft on the property?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Its funny because there are two other airports I look at to see what service is likely for New Orleans at this time and that's Nashville and Austin. Any service or airline those airports have that we don't and vice versa I expect to be added. Austin has service to London on BA so I feel like we would be likely..

Also what do you mean by get new aircraft on the property?
IIRC BA is going to be increasing its new 787 fleet in 2016. A 787 was used to open up Austin, so I imagine that would be the a/c used for MSY...but we'll see.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 11:26 PM
-

Quote:
IIRC BA is going to be increasing its new 787 fleet in 2016. A 787 was used to open up Austin, so I imagine that would be the a/c used for MSY...but we'll see.
Ok I see so they need new capacity to be able to handle the additional route which makes sense.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 12:07 AM

New Orleans Airport Discussion

COPA Airlines is a really good addition to MSY. Might be awhile before we see another Latin American carrier though.

I have also heard that British Airways is apparently capacity constrained with the 787, but direct service to London Heathrow I do think would be the most likely transatlantic route and most successful.

Between tourism, baseline population numbers and the large catch area the flight would pull from I could see at least 3/4x weekly service working on 200 person jet. I would drive from Pensacola or further to avoid a connecting flight in Atlanta or Houston, and enjo what i would assume be an empty customs line.

Also, local oil and gas biz would frequent it too. A lot of the worlds oil and gas technical workforce lives in S. Louisiana/S. MS and does 21 on 21 off shifts abroad in Africa/Mideast- this could offer one stop service to almost anywhere. (yes I know oil is down...) I have also heard that the state is lobbying for the service.

I read this blog (apologies for linking another forum..) about commercial aviation and they just had two long threads about NOLA- it is really nerdy at times but some might enjoy:

The MSY Thread 1: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/6194625

The MSY Thread 2: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6277409/

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:35 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
COPA Airlines is a really good addition to MSY. Might be awhile before we see another Latin American carrier though.

I have also heard that British Airways is apparently capacity constrained with the 787, but direct service to London Heathrow I do think would be the most likely transatlantic route and most successful.

Between tourism, baseline population numbers and the large catch area the flight would pull from I could see at least 3/4x weekly service working on 200 person jet. I would drive from Pensacola or further to avoid a connecting flight in Atlanta or Houston, and enjo what i would assume be an empty customs line.

Also, local oil and gas biz would frequent it too. A lot of the worlds oil and gas technical workforce lives in S. Louisiana/S. MS and does 21 on 21 off shifts abroad in Africa/Mideast- this could offer one stop service to almost anywhere. (yes I know oil is down...) I have also heard that the state is lobbying for the service.

I read this blog (apologies for linking another forum..) about commercial aviation and they just had two long threads about NOLA- it is really nerdy at times but some might enjoy:

The MSY Thread 1: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/6194625

The MSY Thread 2: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6277409/
Copa is a really great Latin American carrier to have ... Dallas , Houston and Atlanta dont even have it. If you heading anywhere in South America you can transfer in Panama city to get there. So its a nice one stop to pretty much anywhere on that continent.

its really pretty amazing how well the airport is doing considering it hardly has any layover traffic because of the current design. imagine the amount of flights we can get once we can tap into that.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 9:14 AM

This new service is great because it allows you to get to pretty much anywhere in S. America the same day. Currently, you have to fly overnight and arrive the following day. This new service will be much more convenient for the business flyer.

I think we'll here something concerning European service before the year is out.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 9:31 PM
-

500 n Carrollton (Old Home Depot)

Type:

Demolition

Applicant:

James Farrelly

Application Submitted

Date Filed:

2/3/2015 12:03:15 PM

Closed:

No

Description

Demolish existing retail building to grade.

Looks like this project is going to be moving fast. Curious to see whats planned besides CVS.

Also good to see of OC Haleys Renaissance that Iberia Bank is opening a location:

Iberia Bank On OC Haley

1409 Oretha C. Haley Blvd, Bldg 1·Attached Sign ·

Type:

Attached Sign

Applicant:

A-1 Signs, Inc

Permit Issued

Date Filed:

2/3/2015 1:52:09 PM

Closed:

No

Description

Installation (1) set of illuminated channel letters - 1’8” x 13’-11”, (1) set of non-illuminated channel letters - 7’ x 5’ and (2) set under canopy hanging signs - 1’ x 4’ as per sketch. Signs to read ” Iberia Bank”.

Last edited by tennis1400; Feb 5, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 2:07 AM
TL;DR

Very weird to see a bank branch without a drive-thru on OC Haley of all places. Great bones but it's not exactly heavy pedestrian traffic.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 2:44 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Very weird to see a bank branch without a drive-thru on OC Haley of all places. Great bones but it's not exactly heavy pedestrian traffic.
I was surprised as well. This is a definite vote of confidence by them in the neighborhood thats for sure!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations