HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing View Post
I’m sure this has been mentioned already, but for the 2nd largest city in the US, LA has some crazy city wildlife. Watch your Chihuahua dogs. You never know what kind of crazy creature will snatch them up. The mountain lions alone can snatch you up. The bears might take a dip in your pool. The extra large coyotes will troll your dogs, if they don’t eat them.
I would think Mountain lions would be largely pushed out of LA for quite some time.

I once watched a mountain lion cross the street in Phoenix, very rare to see one in the city it was 4am and was crossing from a mountain/butte area across to a Golf course but they generally avoid population

Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing View Post
I’m sure this has been mentioned already, but for the 2nd largest city in the US, LA has some crazy city wildlife. Watch your Chihuahua dogs. You never know what kind of crazy creature will snatch them up. The mountain lions alone can snatch you up. The bears might take a dip in your pool. The extra large coyotes will troll your dogs, if they don’t eat them.
Can't get caught slippin out here in these mean streets. You might have to throw down with a bear at any moment.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I would think Mountain lions would be largely pushed out of LA for quite some time.

I once watched a mountain lion cross the street in Phoenix, very rare to see one in the city it was 4am and was crossing from a mountain/butte area across to a Golf course but they generally avoid population
Nope, we still have quite a few and are now building the worlds largest wildlife bridge across the 101 in northern LA county so that the gene pool of the population can diversity. There's the famous mountain lion in Griffith Park (P22), dozens in the Santa Monica mountains and plenty in the San Gabriel and Verdugo mountains

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions