HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
That would be a bad move, but I wouldn't be surprised either. The city's plan has it converted to a trolley branch off route 10 since it would be cheaper to operate, if not part of the future rapid transit plan for regional rail.
I think SEPTA should run a trolley through parkside and up to Bala, but that's just me.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:17 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Anyone have the link to the Wilmington CDR?

Do we not have one?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:25 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

National trial firm Reid Collins opens Wilmington office

https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/ne...ins-de-office/

DBT

WILMINGTON – Reid Collins & Tsai, a national boutique trial law firm, announced Wednesday that it has opened a Wilmington office.

Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Reid Collins also has offices in Dallas, New York and Washington, D.C. Its Wilmington office is located in the Nemours Building off North Orange Street.

Leading the office is new partner Jonathan M. Kass, who left Offit Kurman after less than two years, and joining him as a counselor is Norman Monhait, a longtime leading state corporate litigator who will return from retirement.

The 11-year-old Reid Collins has quickly made a name for itself in handling high-profile, complex business disputes on a success-fee basis. It is a frequent foil of big law firms, investment banks, and accounting firms by representing fund managers, investor groups, trustees, receivers, and more.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:32 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Transportation investment board recommends $7.7M in projects

DBT

https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/ne...commendations/

The third largest recipient would be The McConnell Companies, the real estate investment firm that owns the Hercules Building in downtown Wilmington.

The $825,000 grant would add streetscaping, walkability and multimodal connections around the building as part of the firm’s planned $50 million project to enhance its tenant attraction. McConnell reported that the project could add 1,000 jobs to the Hercules Building’s existing 1,800 employees.

Good stuff, Wilmington is getting a lot of money and businesses.

I smell a separate thread coming soon.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Anyone have the link to the Wilmington CDR?

Do we not have one?
We do, it’s once a month, but it’s not very user friendly. They don’t post .pdf’s/links of the applicant’s plans (like Philly’s that has all those renderings/architectural plans).

Honestly, most meetings aren’t very interesting.
https://www.wilmingtonde.gov/governm...ion-commission

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 2:57 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
We do, it’s once a month, but it’s not very user friendly. They don’t post .pdf’s/links of the applicant’s plans (like Philly’s that has all those renderings/architectural plans).

Honestly, most meetings aren’t very interesting.
https://www.wilmingtonde.gov/governm...ion-commission
I watch the City council meetings on YouTube when it pertains to Development & etc.

But I was hoping we had a CDR like Philly but like you pointed out we do not.

Hopefully it gets better with more waves of projects coming in.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 3:06 AM

Someone in Wilmington should reach out to their elected officials and tell them to make plans and renderings available online. Be annoying about it. It’s really not that much to ask for, especially for a city the size of Wilmington - it just takes uploading a few PDFs to a website. Voters deserve it. And if that doesn’t convince them, tell them that getting renderings out there is what generates excitement and awareness for projects which makes them more likely to happen, and the city will make more money. I noticed recently that Phoenixville started doing this and that’s a much smaller municipality. But you can see all the development planned, and it’s not hard to do.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 3:28 AM

Quote:
I watch the City council meetings on YouTube when it pertains to Development & etc.

But I was hoping we had a CDR like Philly but like you pointed out we do not.

Hopefully it gets better with more waves of projects coming in.
https://www.wilmingtonde.gov/home/sh...cument?id=9835
Aha, found some info on the 517 N. Shipley site, 203 unit apartment building. They needed a variance. This is zoning board meeting schedule. But again, no renderings or anything. Sucks.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 4:42 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Thanks Jawn and Urban good idea Im sending an email to Council President Trippi now.

He said he's bringing change well I'll be the test.

Lets see if they listen to the people.

Hopefully this will get the city on track to do it, because once these projects start rolling its gonna be Hell if they don't have a system already set up.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 5:53 PM

Nice to see some density creep further onto the Main Line. This would be a very nice upgrade on a prime corner in Bryn Mawr: https://goo.gl/maps/FtHNyhpsu1RXWkC78

Lower Merion approves new four-story mixed-use building in Bryn Mawr

Quote:
LOWER MERION -- Over the last several years, construction of most of the new mixed-use buildings in Lower Merion has taken place in Bala Cynwyd and, to a lesser degree, Ardmore. But now some of that development is moving westward with recent projects in Haverford and Bryn Mawr.

https://www.mainlinemedianews.com/ma...3c357da5d.html

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 6:05 PM

^^ Loving it from Havertown, which is rapidly becoming a suburb of the main line as well as the city.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 7:02 PM

Nice! More midrises in the mainline towns! There are some going up in Narberth as well.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
I think SEPTA should run a trolley through parkside and up to Bala, but that's just me.
I've been saying that SEPTA needs to expand it's Subway-Surface system for the longest. In addition to a route along Parkside Ave, there should be another route along Whitby Ave, Christian St, and an expansion of Lansdowne Ave and Lancaster Ave from 52nd and Lancaster towards the end of those streets.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I've been saying that SEPTA needs to expand it's Subway-Surface system for the longest. In addition to a route along Parkside Ave, there should be another route along Whitby Ave, Christian St, and an expansion of Lansdowne Ave and Lancaster Ave from 52nd and Lancaster towards the end of those streets.
Part of the city's transit plan that was recently released included a trolley running up to Parkside from the 10, continuing (assumedly up Belmont or another arterial road) to City Line.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:04 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

@Jawn Word at the riverfront is Big Fish Group are turning the old Joes crab shack into a Texmex and doing major renovations to it.

They are also apparently building a apartment/condos on a lot with stores at the bottom.

Any word on that? are we seeing another low rise/midrise at the riverfront?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:57 AM

Quote:
@Jawn Word at the riverfront is Big Fish Group are turning the old Joes crab shack into a Texmex and doing major renovations to it.

They are also apparently building a apartment/condos on a lot with stores at the bottom.

Any word on that? are we seeing another low rise/midrise at the riverfront?
That seems to be the news. I’ll be curious to see what this building looks like. I’ve never heard of a restaurant group turn ...urban developer (but they did get the Hyatt hotel built with the event space). Pretty interesting though, and good for Big Fish if they can pull it off. I’ll look out for any CDR meeting updates—maybe this proposal will show up soon on the agenda.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 9:10 PM
Chris

Nice looking building in Bryn Mawr, hope to see more of this! (Looks better than a lot of the new construction in Philadelphia...)

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 12:14 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
That would be a bad move, but I wouldn't be surprised either. The city's plan has it converted to a trolley branch off route 10 since it would be cheaper to operate, if not part of the future rapid transit plan for regional rail.
Rail-trailing the section between Cynwyd and Manayunk really limits this ROW's usefulness. There's a very good argument to be made that if we want to add regional service past Norristown it'd be better to send it down this alignment. At this point, I rather think that Philly as a whole is kind of bad at making futureproof planning.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Part of the city's transit plan that was recently released included a trolley running up to Parkside from the 10, continuing (assumedly up Belmont or another arterial road) to City Line.
I'd rather see a trolley line running all the way along Parkside Ave (Fairmount Park) providing local service to Wynnefield and ending either to City Line or Bala Cynwyd. Belmont Ave is a major artery and while it sounds like a good idea putting a trolley line along Belmont Ave, it's better to branch out from 52nd and Lancaster and place the trolley line along Parkside Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Rail-trailing the section between Cynwyd and Manayunk really limits this ROW's usefulness. There's a very good argument to be made that if we want to add regional service past Norristown it'd be better to send it down this alignment. At this point, I rather think that Philly as a whole is kind of bad at making futureproof planning.
I don't have a problem with the trail between Cynwyd and Manayunk. It's a great addition. You have to remember when the PRR still existed, it competed with the RDG, and the Manayunk Viaduct is proof of that competition. There's already rail service between Center City and Manayunk.

What SEPTA really needs to do is to bring back the alphanumeric designations for the regional rail system that it once had and bring back regular regional rail service for the Bala branch as well as restore regional rail service going all the e way to the Lehigh Valley, Berks and Lancaster Counties.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 9:14 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

517 SHIPLEY ST IS FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!

Do we make a thread for this or no?

Also the Cooper is almost complete

Source:Wilmington De Reddit

Also we have another tower going up at the riverfront 11 STORIES

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations