HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 1:58 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I think the top floors of this should have some great, unobstructed views. It's surrounded by lowrise buildings. I wonder if the electrical/municipal services on the other side of Monk's could be relocated somewhere. That corner lot seems like a prime location that could house a great project.
That's a PECO substation, so long odds on it leaving.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Bummer.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 1:06 PM

Quote:
I live near here. Love Monks. I think these units are going to be very high-end. Look like they will all be full floor unites and a bi-level penthouse. Moto does high quality work. They did Walnut Estates and other high end properties.
Love Monks as well (my icon is from their back bar). I've also started getting the mac and cheese with duck added and it. is. amazing.

Anyways, I think the rendering looks good, but with the zoning, couldn't this be taller (sorry to be that guy). The height and setback fit in with the rest of the block, so I'm happy with this, just curious.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Not impossible, it seems...

https://www.sdge.com/south-bay-subst...cation-project

Just would need a good reasonably close replacement site (the one in the article is .5 miles away) and a probably a good reason for the relocation that goes beyond redeveloping the parcel with a mixed use project.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Love Monks as well (my icon is from their back bar). I've also started getting the mac and cheese with duck added and it. is. amazing.

Anyways, I think the rendering looks good, but with the zoning, couldn't this be taller (sorry to be that guy). The height and setback fit in with the rest of the block, so I'm happy with this, just curious.
Possibly. It's a narrow lot, though. Go Monks!

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 2:20 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
I live near here. Love Monks. I think these units are going to be very high-end. Look like they will all be full floor unites and a bi-level penthouse. Moto does high quality work. They did Walnut Estates and other high end properties.
Checked out Moto's website. Agreed. Thanks.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 4:48 PM

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 5:03 PM

Co-working space in the Hale Building, called appropriately enough "Spaces," opens next week. 38K sq ft.

https://technical.ly/philly/2018/10/...hale-building/

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdman View Post
Very exciting.

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Oct 23, 2018 at 6:23 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 6:34 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdman View Post
I'm hoping that article wasn't just an ad for investors because several months ago they were saying they still needed financing and they don't seem to have any construction loan or open-ended mortgage on record.

Looks like a great project if they can pull it off

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLJD13 View Post
New project in Rittenhouse, pending review by Historical Commission. Similar in concept to 2110 Walnut.

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...y-new-neighbor
I must be in the minority for disliking the design of this project. I see a faux traditional building with a disjointed setback. It's almost as if they were trying to mimic the look of the additions that Inga panned in an article earlier this year, despite the fact that the developer is demoing the existing building and starting from scratch.

Was the design driven by zoning regulations in the same way that additions are required to be setback as described in Inga's article? Because a straightforward four story building, no setback with unified materials throughout would have looked much better, in my worthless opinion.

And the usual disclaimer - of course this is a better use of Center City land than a two story building, so I welcome this development regardless. Just not crazy about the look.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 7:49 PM

Saw the PA Ballet started tearing down 329 N Broad

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 8:34 PM

Damn shame. I hope they at least save the materials

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Damn shame. I hope they at least save the materials
This should be illegal.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 2:56 PM

Fuck the ballet.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 5:29 PM

http://www.phila3-0.org/kenney_come_...philadelphia30

Mayor Kenney, come get your Zoning People
Quote:
The Kenney administration's Department of Planning and Development has found itself in the absurd position of having to appeal a bad decision by the Kenney administration's Zoning Board of Adjustment —a board that nominally lives within that very Department—to allow a large self-storage facility just steps from the subway on Broad and Spring Garden Street, and across the street from where Eric Blumenthal just announced he's now planning a new high-rise.
Seems like someone actually realized how bad of an idea this is.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 8:25 PM

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

POD Hotel:

[/url]

[/url]

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 2:11 PM
Midrise

2201 Washington though, just to clarify that this is on the north side of the street..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
November CDR is out:

2200 Washington

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 4:47 PM

Looks like we'll get another new Penn building at 40th and Sansom, presumably at this parking lot: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9549...2!8i6656?hl=en

Quote:
Hedge fund grad gives Wharton $25M for Tangen Hall

A U.K.-based hedge fund founder has given the Wharton School $25 million to build a hall for budding business-founders and name it after him. The give also includes money for foreign-student scholarships.

Nicolai Tangen, who served briefly in the Norwegian intelligence service as an interrogator specializing in Russians before attending the University of Pennsylvania's business school as an undergraduate from 1988-92, is spearheading construction of Tangen Hall, a 70,000-square-foot building that will consolidate Penn's entrepreneurship programs at 40th and Sansom, as the university expands its West Philadelphia campus.

The building, funded by the foundation started by Tangen and his wife Katja, is to be completed in 2020.

Tangen Hall will include meeting spaces, a cafe, and Venture Lab, a new home for Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship, Goergen Entrepreneurial Management Program, Weiss Tech House, the Sol C. Snider Entrepreneurial Research Center, the Wharton Small Business Development Center, and Wharton's Integrated Product Design Program.

It will also include storefront retail space for student ventures, a test kitchen for food start-ups, and a Maker Lab with 3-D printers and other digital tools, for use by student entrepreneurs developing products and services, Wharton said in a statement.
http://www2.philly.com/philly/blogs/...-20181025.html

There's a a lot of development around that 40th street corridor right now. This sounds very cool. Hopefully they can start some businesses that will stay in Philly.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development