HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
So many empty seats at the Bomber playoff game!? What is that guy talking about? There were only 1500 empty seats for a game with the windchill at -20 degrees celsius. I would call that damn impressive.

Bombers' president Wade Miller has already stated the Bombers will post a significant profit this season despite the COVID restrictions.
Then I guess everyone was in the concourse for most of the game. Every time TSN panned the crowd there were empty seats everywhere.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub1170 View Post
Then I guess everyone was in the concourse for most of the game. Every time TSN panned the crowd there were empty seats everywhere.
I can confirm there were a ton of people in the concourse. I don't get why so many people like standing and watching the game from there instead of being in their seats, but there certainly were a lot of people doing that.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 10:28 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I don't get why so many people like standing and watching the game from there instead of being in their seats
I have an idea why:

Old Posted Dec 12, 2021, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub1170 View Post
Yes, there would be many people in the concourse. The concourse completely encircles the stands of the lower bowl and is probably around 1600 - 1800 feet around. A lot of people like to stand there, particularly in the north end.

They did sell over 31,000 tickets too...for a game in which it was known well in advance to be extremely cold. That is fact.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2021, 5:00 AM

This is an issue at virtually every stadium/arena with a concourse open to the field/ice. In every game I have been to at Tim Horton's Field this year the upper part of the west side upper deck (behind the main TV cameras) has been half or more empty even though the vast majority of the tickets were sold. Most people decamped for the lower concourse or even "The Stipley" in the south end zone. It will be interesting to see what happens with fans from other cities in attendance.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2021, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
This is an issue at virtually every stadium/arena with a concourse open to the field/ice. In every game I have been to at Tim Horton's Field this year the upper part of the west side upper deck (behind the main TV cameras) has been half or more empty even though the vast majority of the tickets were sold. Most people decamped for the lower concourse or even "The Stipley" in the south end zone. It will be interesting to see what happens with fans from other cities in attendance.
Yeah, I think this type of thing happens a lot in Winnipeg...e.g. people buy cheap upper deck seats and then spend the entire game standing on the concourse at the Rum Hut or whatever.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2021, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Yeah, I think this type of thing happens a lot in Winnipeg...e.g. people buy cheap upper deck seats and then spend the entire game standing on the concourse at the Rum Hut or whatever.
Same thing happens in Ottawa at TD Place. The concourses and party zones are full of people drinking and socializing which accounts for the empty seats.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 4:39 PM
Community Guy

A shot from our 'seats' aka Pil Zone from the other day (pre-game). What an awesome stadium!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan