HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

30 Journal Square Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 18, 2016, 3:20 AM

A prediction... if the first Journal Squared tower leases up quickly and is a big success, the other Kushner will submit revised plans for even taller buildings for phases 2 and 3. I would also not be surprised if the Journal Square plan is amended in the next few months to allow for even more density.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2016, 11:36 PM
New Yorker for life

They should just give it the extra foot. I like nice, rounded up numbers.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
The city is now officially reports that 70 storys is now planned. Check out item 65 on the Journal Square map. http://data.jerseycitynj.gov/dataset...s-20160216.pdf. Expect this one to grow even taller in number of floors before all is said and done. This is one of the few places in North America where there is no height limit in the zoning.

The developer has a zoning incentive to combine lots so watch for land assemblage by Kushner, especially the building at 26 Journal Square. It will allow for even more development rights.

I'm gonna brag a little and say that I'm pleased that my early density calculations and assumptions were spot on!

Aha! Nailed this one from my call February of this year. I knew 26 Journal Square was too attractive not to include in the overall development of 30 Journal Square.

Quote:
Partnership expands mixed-use portfolio in Jersey City with purchase of 26 Journal Square

By Emily Bader, October 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM

A partnership between Kushner Companies and The KABR Group announced Thursday that it has purchased a commercial tower in the heart of Jersey City’s Journal Square neighborhood.

The building, 26 Journal Square, is a 16-story, 105,000-square-foot property. The pair intends to update the property “into a hub for creative firms.”

“There’s tremendous upside in the Journal Square area and this purchase continues our push to create a vibrant, mixed-use district,” said Laurent Morali, president of Kushner Cos. “26 Journal Square provides a great opportunity for creative tenants looking for a transit-friendly home in one of the region’s most cutting-edge office and residential locations.”

The partnership, which has more than 4 million square feet under development in Jersey City, plans to team up on more mixed-use projects in the area.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Jared Kushner of Kushner Companies and KABR are rockstars! Keep on doing your thing!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 9:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Could we be looking at a supertall? The location is impeccable and would serve as a centerpiece to a growing skyscraper node.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 10:32 PM

We'll see. It's very much market dependent.

On a side note, there is a boring machiene at One Jsq

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 5:46 PM

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 5:49 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

good find. hmm, i like the render. it's a little different. i dk about reality though, we will see.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 6:44 PM
Ω

By framing the windows of multiple floors like that they are giving the illusion that the tower is smaller than it is in actuality. Like the Bellagio in Vegas with its double-story windows.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 4:51 AM

This could be set to rise in December

https://newyorkyimby.com/2019/06/faa...rsey-city.html
Quote:
Permits have been submitted to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for work on 30 Journal Square, a proposed 841-foot-tall mixed-use skyscraper in Jersey City. Located at the southern corner of Slip Avenue and Bergen Avenue, the project is being designed by Morris Adjmi Architects and developed by Kushner Companies, which acquired the site for $3.575 million in 2013. The permits filed are for work between December 2019 and December 2022, so activity at the site could begin by the end of the year.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 5:23 PM
DENNAB

800+ feet? Nice! And I like the design

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 5:31 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GvJ...DTeK2G4WD/view

It's 718ft and 68 floors, a downgrade from the previously approved version.

Unrelated 184 Morgan Development:
https://www.mhsarchitects.com/wp-con...184-Morgan.pdf

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 5:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

At 841 ft, this would be the 2nd tallest in Jersey City if built now. 99 Hudson being 889 ft.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 6:05 PM

Though he's currently out of town, I'd have to go by C's post...YIMBY probably didn't have the updated plans, as this document dated May 19 shows instead of 100,000 square feet office, there is none. So until we know differently I'll go with the 68 story, 718 feet revision. I had thought I heard there was a sizable cut but I had feared substantially more , to under 600 ft... fortunately it's not nearly that drastic. It's still within the highest point in Jersey City so will look like a tower 100 feet taller from that vantage point.

Still, it's the wrong side of the Kushner family... god knows what will happen with their One Journal Square debacle but I'll believe this one only when I see it. Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 6:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Ok never mind. At 718 ft, it would be the 4th tallest. 99 and 30 Hudson being 1st and 2nd, with Journal Squared Phase 2 being 3rd @ 759 ft (on a side note, its the tallest component of the Journal Squared 3 tower development plan). One more to go with that one, @ 633 ft.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 6:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post

Still, it's the wrong side of the Kushner family... god knows what will happen with their One Journal Square debacle but I'll believe this one only when I see it. Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed!
I think something will rise on that massive parcel. Could be a waiting game on that one. Although if things don't go as planned, I'd imagine the parcel being sold, because the land itself could yield something dramatic if they take advantage of it. Journal Square neighborhood has tons of demand, and not enough supply.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GvJ...DTeK2G4WD/view

It's 718ft and 68 floors, a downgrade from the previously approved version.

Unrelated 184 Morgan Development:
https://www.mhsarchitects.com/wp-con...184-Morgan.pdf
https://newyorkyimby.com/2019/06/faa...rsey-city.html

Just a quick update - it's now 758ft on the FAA's website.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...94859860&row=1

It will be the tallest building in Journal Square, but fall short of 99 Hudson by ~140ft.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 9:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Jersey City Grants Kushner Five-Year Extension on 30 Journal Square Tower

Quote:
One of the most prominent real estate projects from Kushner Companies is still in the pipeline but a letter to Jersey City officials indicates that construction on the development won’t be starting anytime soon.

During their November 15 meeting, Jersey City’s planning board granted a five-year extension for approvals at the 30 Journal Square property. The most recent version of the development was greenlit in late 2019, and the board’s extension will make the approvals valid through January 2027.

Set to rise behind the historic Jersey Journal property just across from the neighborhood’s PATH station, Kushner’s development calls for a 68-story tower that tops out at 718 feet. Office space planned in an initial proposal has been scrapped, but the anticipated building will still include 15,107 square feet of ground floor retail space.

Designed by Morris Adjmi Architects, the development is set to incorporate 372 parking spaces in a garage structure. A total of 745 apartments will be included in the tower, breaking down as 140 studios, 374 one-bedrooms, 202 two-bedrooms, and 29 three-bedrooms. No affordable housing is required per local regulations, and none is included.

Kushner Companies is also set to construct a new 12,000-square-foot public plaza between the future market that is part of their 26 Journal Square property and the forthcoming tower. The development has made little news since gaining approval and it appears another high-profile project from Kushner is the reason.

A letter to the city from attorneys representing Kushner noted that a timeline for 30 Journal Square has “not yet been agreed to” with the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency. The correspondence also indicated that 30 Journal Square would only begin construction after the completion of Kushner’s One Journal Square project, which finally broke ground in June following years of delays.
========================
Credit: Jersey Digs

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 9:53 PM
Show me the blueprints

Nothing new but with the updated One JS rendering posted I wouldn't mind if this one got a refresh too. It more than likely will if it ever gets going.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals