HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 5:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyalal View Post
Please read news papers. and ask your self why firms including DPI are trying for it. Let them decide whether it is useful to them or not. Last time also the firms were ready for starting the work. You know how they were prevented from doing so. Most of the cargo journals describe this as future port of South Asia
please dont divert subjects...i am not questioning abt DLFnews as i dont abt that. plz anz my questions first.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 5:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Please show any data claimed in this forumn, you feel as a hype, not valid or without a news quote.
i have seen posts abt technocity in many forums even 2 years back. please update me status, promoter, other datas....

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 5:58 AM

Why should I divert the subject. I thought you got the answer. May be in detail...Major ports will serve not a smaller area. If you look that way then there may not be any major port necessary in Kerala. Just see how colombo or Singaport works. Are they just catering a colombo or singapore region alone. They can not survive like that. Now cargo to the whole india is handled by Colombo, Singapore, Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by venadu_king View Post
please dont divert subjects...i am not questioning abt DLFnews as i dont abt that. plz anz my questions first.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Why should I divert the subject. I thought you got the answer. May be in detail...Major ports will serve not a smaller area. If you look that way then there may not be any major port necessary in Kerala. Just see how colombo or Singaport works. Are they just catering a colombo or singapore region alone. They can not survive like that. Now cargo to the whole india is handled by Colombo, Singapore, Dubai
Oh my goodnes. its planned as transhipment only.......ooops...

Thats if there are no ports in colombo or singapore, there need to be a port in southern tip. Now assume if there is sethusamudram project completed, then TUTICORIN port will rise into promonance. then there will be comptetion between these all 4 ports including proposed port vizinjam after all loser will be vizinjam as its not the gateway to india(Its foolish to use an internal tranport purpose). Now assume if there is sethusamudram project not completed, them its better to use colombo as its one of the most modern port in the whole world and strategically located than vizinjam.....
Also dont forget TN is also planning port near KK. So if Kerala plans a project 2007 and TN plans project in 2015 both will materialised together!!!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:10 AM

Let the shipping companies decide it. Let them decide the advantageous and how the natural depth matters. Currently India is loosing around 1200 crores per year in the transhipment. Use colombo, then use a small ship to indian port. This is exactly what they are going to replace

Quote:
Oh my goodnes. its planned as transhipment only.......ooops...

Thats if there are no ports in colombo or singapore, there need to be a port in southern tip. Now assume if there is sethusamudram project completed, then TUTICORIN port will rise into promonance. then there will be comptetion between these all 4 ports including proposed port vizinjam after all loser will be vizinjam as its not the gateway to india(Its foolish to use an internal tranport purpose). Now assume if there is sethusamudram project not completed, them its better to use colombo as its one of the most modern port in the whole world and strategically located than vizinjam.....
Also dont forget TN is also planning port near KK. So if Kerala plans a project 2007 and TN plans project in 215 both will materialised together!!!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:31 AM

I do not know what you meant by hate. Trivandrum is less hyped means, less publicity compared to the extent of IT happenings. Also most of the claims here are supported with news item. I do not even see any body posting about the Asia tech park (starting construction there).
Now coming to Technocity..

Quote:
The Kerala Chief Minister, Mr V.S. Achuthanandan, said in State Assembly on Tuesday that of the 507 acres of land identified for the project, draft declaration had been published for 205 acres and the work in respect of survey of the remaining 302 acres, after discussions with the land-owners was progressing at a brisk pace. The Technocity project is envisaged as the fourth phase of development of the existing Technopark.
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1251502300.htm
Quote:
Last such hate comment has come in TVM thread...

Less Hyped...? could you please tell me the current status technocity, its promoter, detailed plan etc..?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:37 AM

Growing in to the league of most strategic locations in India.

The Aerospace Command, a next generation leap for the IAF, is planned at Thiruvananthapuram, where the SAC began in a small way

Quote:
T'URAM: When the Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrates its 75th birthday on Monday, it's also a big moment for the Southern Air Command (SAC), the youngest Command of the IAF which is poised for big leaps in the decades ahead.

An oath-taking ceremony, 'ollow Square,・will mark the Air Force Day celebrations on Monday at the SAC HQ at Akkulam. Air Officer Commanding-in- Chief Air Marshal Y R Rane will read out the oath to the Air Warriors.

This Air Force Day marks the culmination of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the IAF, which was formed at Drigh Road, Karachi, on October 8, 1932. Its first aircraft flight was established on April 1, 1933, with four Westland Wapiti aircraft.

From March 1945, it was called the Royal Indian Air Force. The prefix royal・was removed on January 26, 1950.

Today, the IAF boasts some of the most modern fighters and other aircraft among the air forces of the world.

The SAC, formed on July 20, 1984, has emerged as one of the most important of the seven commands in recent years with the southern peninsula gaining in strategic and military importance.

SAC served the nation gloriously during the tsunami evacuation in Andaman and Nicobar and saw action in Maldives and Sri Lanka.

Covering 75 years of service, the IAF has big plans for Thiruvananthapuram and the SAC. The Aerospace Command, a next generation leap for the IAF, is planned at Thiruvananthapuram, where the SAC began in a small way.

The first Light Combat Aircraft squadron will be based at Sulur, and the IAF plans to transform Tanjore into a major fighter base with the latest acquisitions, including Sukhoi aircraft to be based there.
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...apuram&Topic=0

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:50 AM

Please do not compare Kochi and TVM

Guys,

Please do not do this kind of comparison between Kochi and TVM. Both cities are inside Kerala. It is will be best if both Kochi and tvm develop like that of Bangalore or Chennai.

You guys should understand that Coimbatore, mangalore, madurai etc is emerging.

Satyam is going to start a dev center in Madurai. Satyam do not have any dev center in kerala eventhough we have lot od empty IT parks.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 6:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I do not know what you meant by hate. Trivandrum is less hyped means, less publicity compared to the extent of IT happenings. Also most of the claims here are supported with news item. I do not even see any body posting about the Asia tech park (starting construction there).
Now coming to Technocity..
Media has given max hype to smart city. other than that i have not seen any hyped news abt the projects in kochi or any other place in kerala. Smart city has been used a political and hence election issue by Prev UDF and Ummen chandy. so it has got max Media coverage. But similar projects like technocity, Hightech city by shobha or HDIL IT park didnt get much media coverage. apart from hype generated in these forums dev in kerala is nothing compared to other states. Many manifacturing units are being set up by truck/motor giant in citis like Chennai, Kovai, Bangalore, pune etc.

Abt technocity news, i have seen this news many times. C, taking over land is an issue. however, bigger issue is getting a promoter. Karnataka have handed over 12,500 acre IT city project to DLF. there were many takers in the fray to get the project even after being a very big project..There are no takers for many projects in kerala not just in TVM but also in kochi as well. See you know that An SSC guy is a BDM of EMAR MGF, even he could not convince his bosses to take up this project. If GoK works hard they may get promoters. ....

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 7:14 AM

I agree with Santhosh

VK,Please do not try to comment on the things where we can not put a link or source.
If you believe, let me tell one thing, for technocity, many are ready with renderings(even the one you have mentioned). The only issue is now the ball is in gov court(If you ask, even I am not able to cite a news link). And every one knows how our gov works out. May be in 2-3 months we can see it in papers. So till then,please stay away from making statements on things you are not clear about.(which we can not site a source)

So it is not the case of promotors.They are plenty. It is about the action from the gov. Look at technopark site. How many firms are waiting for land(that is too years)

Quote:
Abt technocity news, i have seen this news many times. C, taking over land is an issue. however, bigger issue is getting a promoter. Karnataka have handed over 12,500 acre IT city project to DLF. there were many takers in the fray to get the project even after being a very big project..There are no takers for many projects in kerala not just in TVM but also in kochi as well.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 7:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with Santhosh

VK,Please do not try to comment on the things where we can not put a link or source.
If you believe, let me tell one thing, for technocity, many are ready with renderings(even the one you have mentioned). The only issue is now the ball is in gov court(If you ask, even I am not able to cite a news link). And every one knows how our gov works out. May be in 2-3 months we can see it in papers. So till then,please stay away from making statements on things you are not clear about.(which we can not site a source)

So it is not the case of promotors.They are plenty. It is about the action from the gov. Look at technopark site. How many firms are waiting for land(that is too years)
See i am not comparing b/w kochi and tvm but comparing these cities with those in other states. i dont think within 2-3 months it wud be tranferred to pvt promoter(after all this is kerala). Even if its transferred it will take another 2-3 years to start getting any result after all its a real estate project. then kerala wud have missed another IT bus, no wonder we have missed many times.....!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 7:28 AM

Better consult Technopark authorities.

Quote:
Last such hate comment has come in TVM thread...

Less Hyped...? could you please tell me the current status technocity, its promoter, detailed plan etc..?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 7:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkrish View Post
Better consult Technopark authorities.
i dont ur instruction if i need do so. this is a forum and not for giving directions to others...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 10:49 AM

Subramanyam hall

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 11:19 AM

Thumbs down

Then better keep your mouth shut and don't ask questions

Quote:
i dont ur instruction if i need do so. this is a forum and not for giving directions to others...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Venadu,
As a fellow Kochite, an active member of Cochin thread, and beyond that a Keralite, I request you to stop promoting hatred. Thank You.

Regards,
Paul Saju

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 11:43 AM

Friends.. Please move on to positive discussions

Quote:

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 11:44 AM

Whatever it may be, everyone knows about our Govts. If all these pending projects are for resorts, they might have approved it before starting itself. Because the resorts will give benefits to the politicians. The IT parks do not provide any direct benefit to politicians, so they will not encourgae it.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 1:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
shut up TYLPM...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 1:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperpaul22 View Post
Venadu,
As a fellow Kochite, an active member of Cochin thread, and beyond that a Keralite, I request you to stop promoting hatred. Thank You.

Regards,
Paul Saju
could you pls list out hatred comments from me in this thread?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India