HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 5:30 PM
Never Dell

The garage would be a huge asset during construction of 4/C (701 4th), then could be a second tower site. It's an optimistic point for their plans.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 10:59 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
The garage would be a huge asset during construction of 4/C (701 4th), then could be a second tower site. It's an optimistic point for their plans.
Right, so exciting that Seattle, Austin and Miami have their first supertall in the works, if they all get built that'll be just epic.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 4:26 AM

Plans finally resubmitted to the city and feature a new design.

91 floors / 1,020 Ft’
1,090 residential units

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 5:56 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Design looks a bit watered down from the previous version. Still aesthetically pleasing, but much more staid, especially for the tallest on the skyline.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 1:49 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ yes, the new design is a bit more conventional than the iteration released last fall, but it still looks pretty damn good to my eye.

And let's not forget, "conventional" isn't automatically a negative, it often ages better over the decades.

Now CH just needs to get started on it already! Austin and Miami have shovels in the ground on their first supertalls; you're up next Seattle!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 5:45 PM
DENNAB

It's simple but a good kind of simple. The open space is cool too, looks like trees are in there.

Super exciting though, if this gets built the US will have 10 supertall cities.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 5:31 AM

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 2:30 AM

Height of Crescent Heights' planned Seattle skyscraper cut by over 150 feet

I don't full access, but this appears to be an update:

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...ed-states.html

The tower would have been one of the 10 tallest in the U.S., but no more...

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 2:33 AM
Show me the blueprints

Bummer.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 2:55 AM
DENNAB

Nothing bad happened, the current height is still 1,020 something, it used to be nearly 1,200.

We've known this for months (years?).

Very outdated news and a false alarm this article...

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:12 AM
Show me the blueprints

un-Bummer.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:45 AM
Never Dell

The cut was due to the FAA. But going all-residential with mostly rentals makes this a much more viable project. It's in the middle of the Financial District, and I'm imagining the main resident base is 26-year-old overworked lawyers as well as crash pads for overworked 50-year-old lawyers and managers.

They even have some above-grade parking, hidden behind living units on six of the podium levels. That's a cost-saver. I suspect the parking ratio of 873 spaces per 1,090 units is just the maximum they might want, and it would make sense to cut some of it. The land use permit process makes it easy to cut parking, particularly if it's below-grade as most of it would be. Seattle typically has a parking space for each condo and a ratio like 0.5 or 0.6 for a typical highrise rental, but this one will be a closer walk to work for a lot of people.

Have fun with the land use permit drawings if you like. http://web6.seattle.gov/dpd/edms/Get...spx?id=8613111

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 3:53 AM
BANNED

It still looks good. Is this an office tower or a condo. If the former, I suspect that with the massive job cuts in the tech industry (and the work from home proclivity in that field), this won't be built any time soon anyway (if ever). If the latter, there should still be demand.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 4:34 AM
Meh

Except for the podium, I really like those setbacks. The slenderness of this reminds me a bit of Carnegie Hall Tower in New York and Three Logan Square in Philly.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 11:11 PM
DENNAB

Apparently there's a poster up of the project now at the walled off site and some permits were issued recently. Nothing major yet but still some activity on America's next potential supertall.

Source: SSC thread

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threa...847394/page-65

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 11:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^

Fingers crossed. Will be nice to have a Seattle super tall, with so many other cities seeing their first or new tallest.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 8:03 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Love this building, but wish it was in a slightly different location.. By far the best view of Seattle is from the water, and this will block the view of the Columbia center, the current tallest.

It feels like the equivalent of putting the world trade center right in front of ESB

Also I just moved to Bremerton, WA so will post pictures/updates on this project whenever i go to Seattle

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 8:38 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Love this building, but wish it was in a slightly different location.. By far the best view of Seattle is from the water, and this will block the view of the Columbia center, the current tallest.

It feels like the equivalent of putting the world trade center right in front of ESB

Also I just moved to Bremerton, WA so will post pictures/updates on this project whenever i go to Seattle
Columbia Center is cool but nowhere near the gem that ESB is, also the size difference between CC and this building are nowhere near that of the WTC vs ESB (comparing main visual mass).

I like supertall clusters personally.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:19 PM

Loving the newest design. I am late to this convo but I really hope it gets built. My only issue is its gonna block the view of the Columbia Center from the sound but nonetheless, I can't wait to see it rise. Are there any updates on its progress?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 2:47 AM
DENNAB

Site is up for sale apparently, Crescent Heights ain't feelin it.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/4th-Columbia/30148698/

The FAA did approve the 1k+ height so I wonder if that could carry over / anyone else is feeling ambitious.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive