HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 9:40 PM

I am glad to hear that they are still passionate, about getting this bulding constructed. It seems like momentum is starting to pick back up downtown, and other projects too. Like two twenty two, and the Ivy is almost done. I think it looks like a big concrete piece of crap though.The only part I like, is where the blue glass is. What do you guys think about it? I took a couple pic when I drove by a couple weeks ago.

photo by: brian w*****

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 9:42 PM

here is the other one

phoo by brian w*****

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 9:47 PM
The True Avatar

^
The verdict is still out on that one. I like the location. From certain angles it looks promising. The color is terrible. Hopefully it will age nicely.
As to the blue glass section. I hate it. It looks too 80's in style. I think instead of the black framing around the square blue glass panels, they should have highlighted that section with vertical aluminum bands.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 2:44 AM

yeah, I guess this one will have to grow on me, good thing I usually only see the north and northeast side of town.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 4:20 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocode View Post
I am glad to hear that they are still passionate, about getting this bulding constructed. It seems like momentum is starting to pick back up downtown, and other projects too. Like two twenty two, and the Ivy is almost done. I think it looks like a big concrete piece of crap though.The only part I like, is where the blue glass is. What do you guys think about it? I took a couple pic when I drove by a couple weeks ago.

photo by: brian w*****
That is one kickass photo!!! When all is said and done it will look a lot better, the crown still has yet to be completed. Over time I think it will grow on all of us...

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:39 AM
JoeCooper

There are now light-up letters on the east and west sides that say "Hotel Ivy."

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 1:31 AM

Does anyone else think the picture of the new 35 W bridge, on Startribune.com, look plain? I think it is rater bland, and boring, and not something to help define Minneapolis. What do you all think?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 8:00 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Does anyone else think the picture of the new 35 W bridge, on Startribune.com, look plain? I think it is rater bland, and boring, and not something to help define Minneapolis. What do you all think?
I like it, it's average at worst. It will be a well built structure and at the same time still focus a lot of attention to the Stone Arch Bridge and surrounding area, officials wanted it that way I think. Also, this design won't be anything that costs and astronimical amount of money, that way since funding has been a big issue, the tight-asses who bitch about how much they don't want their taxes raised now, won't have to do so. We can't have it both ways. This is a really good design and look sharp, yet be nothing that will demand lots and lots of public approval and millions of additional dollars to finance. The most important thing in rebuilding the bridge is the fact that it will be safe, serve it's purpose, and that it will NOT COLLAPSE!

I normally would object to talking about anything not realated to highrise construction here, but our new bridge can be an acception. It will affect how much development and growth will come to downtown Minneapolis. Also, went to the Penfield yesterday and they are very excited about the fact that they have secured financing with Hyatt.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 4:12 AM

Is it true, the Nicollet, has been cancelled? I saw on this website somewhere, it was cancelled.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=33000

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 5:10 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Is it true, the Nicollet, has been cancelled? I saw on this website somewhere, it was cancelled.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=33000
The RESIEDNTIAL ONLY aspect has been canceled, however; the project is still moving foward.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 9:46 PM

Great!!!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 10:00 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Great!!!
I was told by the public relations rep at the sales office that they are currently in the stages of redesigning the interiors, since it will be office, hotel, and condo. The biggest change will be that there will be more than one elevator bank now. Also, I heard the outside is being redesigned to accomidate the usages which is also be being done by a local firm. However; floor count, height, and design are all being worked with as of NOW. I am not at all suprised that it has taken this long for the new design to be worked on. Since it will now be mixed use, the details will probably be a lot more complex. Also, I was told to ASSUME that the overall height will probably be the same as what the first concept of this project was to be. Opus didn't take control of this project until just spring of this year so I'm not suprised by the wait at all. I'd rather they really take their time and have the project done right.

Also, IF were lucky we COULD have a new tallest in the Twin Cities pending on what will come of this. I'll check back in December again for an update.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 10:11 PM

They need to make the Adrian Peterson tower.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 10:39 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
They need to make the Adrian Peterson tower.
TCF could sure use a new tower! Along with Wells Fargo, they are among the most influential bank firms here in the Twin Cities.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 10:53 PM
The True Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
TCF could sure use a new tower! Along with Wells Fargo, they are among the most influential bank firms here in the Twin Cities.
Don't forget USBank. They actually have their HQ here at least. But I very much doubt they need a new tower again. They take up enough space in several towers, so that if they consolidated their offices, the vacancy rate would skyrocket.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2008, 5:55 AM

Why havent they made any really tall buildings in Minneapolis recently?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2008, 6:01 AM

What ever happened to the Nicollet?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2008, 11:35 PM
TL;DR

So, are Minneapolitanites and St. Paulers looking forward to the new commuter rail line? I saw the station renderings on the website. With such a tight budget, the station facilities seem a little meager.

I guess that's fine, but I was really expecting more out of the design for the downtown terminal than just a platform and some bus-stop sheds, especially when it's supposed to be part of the massive new Twins development.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 12:07 AM

In Minneapolis the new U of M Gophers Stadium (TCF Bank Stadium) is under Construction, So TCF is doing some stuff.

*These images are from the U of M TCF Bank Stadium Website:http://www1.umn.edu/stadium/tcf.php*

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 12:12 AM

*Image from Urban-planet.com*

No one will tell me what happened to this.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations