The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
There are permitting documents hanging in the Hats/Belfry and the pop-up retail shop window. I never bothered to look, always just figured it’d be one of those 6-7 story overbuilds that have been happening all up and down Walnut/Chestnut over the last 5 years....
Yes and the parcel map that Justin just shared does seem to show that this project does include those two buildings. Even with these two buildings though, I'm not sure how much this could impact the size of the tower. I mean these two buildings are at most fronting 40 feet of Chestnut street, and building out something that thin that goes up 500+ feet doesn't seem possible. Though I do suppose they could extend the tower further East to make it less square and more of a rectangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
That's the same image. The heavy black line is not the proposed building footprint. The property footprint is in fact larger than the proposed building footprint. The tower footprint is even smaller. There is room to add square footage without getting taller. Though this doesn't address my question of ownership.
The tower definitely does not take up the entire footprint of the property. But I'm not sure we can say with certainty how much room there is to add square footage without getting taller. They're dealing with historically protected buildings that need to have their facades preserved, so it's not like they can just build out to the edge of the property. But how far back do the set backs have to be? What are the logistics of building out over the loading zone that is currently not beneath the tower? There's room, but 100,000 extra square feet of room without needing to build any taller? It doesn't seem likely to me, but I guess we'll see. Either way, I'm excited to see this project move forward.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals