HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 3:35 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ ah nice — that is a photo view angle i have never seen except in an airplane and wondered about.

it looks like the ring helps protect mechanical equipment up there.

i wonder if there is a similar daylight version?

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 3:14 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
my god the top of that building looks absolutely terrible. How could they have gotten it so wrong?

From the ground (I was there in July), it is hard to see just how bad that mast and base (ring thing) really is. Like they ran out of money and said "ahh, fuck it!"
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 10:55 PM

We need some tenant news.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
We need some tenant news.
Durst hired a new leasing team earlier this year. There has been maybe 4-5 smaller leases and extensions in the past few months, bringing this tower 76% leased.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 3:35 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
my god the top of that building looks absolutely terrible. How could they have gotten it so wrong?

From the ground (I was there in July), it is hard to see just how bad that mast and base (ring thing) really is. Like they ran out of money and said "ahh, fuck it!"
I'm not so sure that the original radome cover(too bold in my opinion) would have been so better.

Altough it is impossible to be sure on this.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I'm not so sure that the original radome cover(too bold in my opinion) would have been so better.

Altough it is impossible to be sure on this.
I also think the randome design is overrated. People make too big a deal out of it. There's been worse compromises on WTC complex design elements than the randome.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 6:07 PM

Sorry if this has been addressed...Are all of the monochromatically lit areas at the top of the building vacant still? Is there a nervous stigma attached to leasing the top floors of the building?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 6:31 PM
Pro Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed...Are all of the monochromatically lit areas at the top of the building vacant still? Is there a nervous stigma attached to leasing the top floors of the building?
yes and yes

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival View Post
I also think the randome design is overrated. People make too big a deal out of it. There's been worse compromises on WTC complex design elements than the randome.
AS well they should. When you consider it's the spire that was the signature element of this design, and all of the symbolism it was supposed to represent, sorry, but the current bare design just doesn't cut it. And for good reason. The fact is, it was never designed to be visible as it is, so you get what you get. It's horrible looking because it wasn't meant to be seen. Further, the original spire design wasn't radome at all, so it's not as if there weren't options for the spire. They just cheaped out on it, and Durst will never be forgiven for this one.

But as they say, it is what it is. I guess you can say it's no uglier than the antenna that stoop on top of the original tower.

https://www.crengle.com/story/one-wtc-beacon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjpXzsUF...-by=austin_paz

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjr1f5cB...ken-by=flynyon

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 10:41 AM

My latest video from yesterday: BY QUEENSNY121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mpRDPpaEQ

Old Posted Aug 26, 2018, 10:25 PM

My latest video has 1 World hope you like. BY QUEENSNY121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm6KyJ7KcSQ

Old Posted Sep 3, 2018, 1:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 6:57 PM

Taken by me August 21, 2018, BY NYMAN2010:

IMG_0066 by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

IMG_0061 by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

IMG_0060 by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

IMG_0098 by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 12:49 AM
New Yorker for life

"I'm still the boss, b*tches"...

Patxi Mendizabal

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 1:38 AM

none of these new towers have the presence that 1WTC commands. Maybe Central Park Tower when it tops off. One Vanderbilt will be massive but it will have a more noticeable taper. Maybe Chase's HQ Redevelopment will be the new big landmark

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 1:49 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
none of these new towers have the presence that 1WTC commands. Maybe Central Park Tower when it tops off. One Vanderbilt will be massive but it will have a more noticeable taper. Maybe Chase's HQ Redevelopment will be the new big landmark

The Freedom Tower tapers as well, and from that angle is most dominant. It's still taller than most of those towers. 30 Hudson (though it too tapers) Is wider at some points, as will be 50 and the Spiral. But the NY skyline isn't about width (there are too many bulky towers as it is), its about the peaks that set it apart from other skylines. The FT does his well enough for Downtown, even though I don't like that spire. Once tower 2 gets built, the WTC will have that grand presence of the original.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 3:01 PM

Hudson Yards looks great in the background, wow

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 5:01 PM

This tower shines brightly on a day like today. Beautiful and bold, symbolic and noble.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Too bad this can't take place on the roof. The outdoor deck at 30 Hudson would be cool.

http://amp.si.com/more-sports/2018/0...dallah-ibrahim

Karate Combat Hosting 'One World' Event on Top of Freedom Tower in New York City

KHADRICE ROLLINS
September 12th, 2018

Quote:
On Thursday, Sept. 27, Karate Combat will host its fourth event and first since it traveled to Athens, Greece for Karate Combat: Olympus, when it comes to New York City for Karate Combat: One World.

Karate Combat launched earlier this year and features more than 100 fighters from 30 countries. For the upcoming bouts, the fighting promotion will offer even more than just three-round bouts of professional karate. The event will take place on top of the World Trade Center's Freedom Tower in the observation deck overlooking Lower Manhattan.

"This fight is a celebration of everything karate stands for at the top of one of the most meaningful buildings in the world," Karate Combat CEO Michael DePietro said in a statement. "Strength. Respect. Unity. It’s the perfect way to introduce Karate Combat to New York City."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture