HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 5:01 PM
Dryer lint inspector

[QUOTE=NYguy;8066391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post

No one's saying they're gonna remove it. Just wishful thinking that one day, perhaps a future owner (if the Dursts get out) might see some value in finishing the original plans. It was never intended to be as is, but it was a cost cutting move.
That I didn't know. Curious to see what original plan(s) looked like.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 6:59 PM

Those are some beautiful shots.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
That I didn't know. Curious to see what original plan(s) looked like.

cactusflier

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 2:08 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 4:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Don't know what's going on here, but it won't change the height...

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...7046033&row=33

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 1:37 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 10:47 PM

Lol, that's quite too soon to change the current height status on this landmark. But, more is good right? May its just the beginning of a space elevator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Don't know what's going on here, but it won't change the height...

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...7046033&row=33

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 2:53 PM
JoeCooper

Just some thoughts, nothing official; however, a broken clock is still right twice a a day. This 'could' be a design change, but that's being OVERLY optimistic and giving way too much credit. Also really hoping the FAA is pushing to do what's right by calling out the numbers listed. Really hoping for an honest height assisment or a complete structural overhaul of the 'spire.' Given that this is listed as 1,792 feet, really wondering how it really got away with a different listing otherwise. Didn't know that fact was ruled out for fiction when making an official listing. With that logic, anyone could be correct when they say there are 25 hours in a day and the sky is green.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 4:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinmac001 View Post
Lol, that's quite too soon to change the current height status on this landmark. But, more is good right? May its just the beginning of a space elevator...
It's not a new height, it's where the building stands now. There's a portion at the very top that doesn't count in the "official" height.

glen_lu

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:49 AM

The original version with the radome on both the communication rings and spantenna is the only version with any architectural credibility. Clearly Durst has no shame and clearly doesn't give a rats-ass about completing a building, only the almighty dollar.

CTBUH may have caved to misplaced 911 sentimentality, but it doesn't change the fact that this building is 1373' tall with a 409' guyed antenna. 432 Park Ave is currently the tallest in NYC and Sears is still the tallest in the country.

If somebody decides to actually complete the Spire (the only architectural element installed is the very tip housing the beacon) then we can start talking about 1776'.

Hell, the communication rings will never get those microwave antennas- not even fake ones.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 4:42 PM

Nostrils?

Hello!
Does anyone know why 1 WTC has the two windows near the top opened? Its it to wash the windows? I have seen those opened for a while and I cant think of why..

Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:19 AM

I brought that up on another thread and someone said its "temporary" for window washing. Apparently the rigs on the roof have been broken, and if I'd have to guess I'd say it has to do with that window washing rig failure from a few years ago where the washers were left hanging. The buildings kind of remained dirty ever since.. I'm both surprised and not they haven't fixed it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 5:46 PM

Wtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
I brought that up on another thread and someone said its "temporary" for window washing. Apparently the rigs on the roof have been broken, and if I'd have to guess I'd say it has to do with that window washing rig failure from a few years ago where the washers were left hanging. The buildings kind of remained dirty ever since.. I'm both surprised and not they haven't fixed it.
Thank you for your answer!
I have another question.. It may be a bit off topic so please forgive me.
The fountain footprints of the twin towers, are they exactly the same size as the actual WTC footprints were? Are they smaller?

Again, thank you for your answers and I do apologize if it is too much off topic.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman_Patrick View Post
Thank you for your answer!
I have another question.. It may be a bit off topic so please forgive me.
The fountain footprints of the twin towers, are they exactly the same size as the actual WTC footprints were? Are they smaller?

Again, thank you for your answers and I do apologize if it is too much off topic.
No worries this is a quiet thread, but to answer your question they're a little bit smaller. Something to do with proximity to the surrounding roads or underground logistics.

Now just beyond the footprint there's a ring of trees that circles each pool. From tree to tree is the true dimension of the towers.

It's a little poetic to pass through the trees where the original column tridents were as you're walking towards the pool. A nice little detail.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 9:19 PM

Quote:
No worries this is a quiet thread, but to answer your question they're a little bit smaller. Something to do with proximity to the surrounding roads or underground logistics.

Now just beyond the footprint there's a ring of trees that circles each pool. From tree to tree is the true dimension of the towers.

It's a little poetic to pass through the trees where the original column tridents were as you're walking towards the pool. A nice little detail.
That is truly incredible. I can actually see exactly what you are talking about on Google Earth!
I wish I knew this back when I visited the WTC.
I will have to plan another visit!
Thank you very much!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 3:41 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman_Patrick View Post
That is truly incredible. I can actually see exactly what you are talking about on Google Earth!
I wish I knew this back when I visited the WTC.
I will have to plan another visit!
Thank you very much!
The originals were 208 by 208 feet, the new 1WTC's footprint is 205 by 205 feet.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 2:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
The original version with the radome on both the communication rings and spantenna is the only version with any architectural credibility.
Clearly Durst has no shame and clearly doesn't give a rats-ass about completing a building, only the almighty dollar.
Durst doesn't even light the mast as was promised. He said it would play off of both the BofA and 4 TS. The lighting actually looks better on those towers than this one.

Quote:
The buildings kind of remained dirty ever since.. I'm both surprised and not they haven't fixed it.
That was fixed sometime last year. You can sometimes see it working now.

m_laRs_k

Keith Michael

Old Posted Mar 29, 2018, 1:03 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 7:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 8:19 PM
New Yorker for life

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture