HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 1:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 3 WTC - 175 Greenwich St. | 1,079 FT | 80 FLOORS

After years of delay, countless bickering over when and if this tower should be built, the prospect of building only the base, the birth of the Hudson Yards, and the rebirth of Midtown East,
the rebuilding of the World Trade Center has reached another milestone.

The completion of 3 WTC restores another chunk of that office space lost on 9/11, and shows that Downtown will continue to be one of the hearts of this great city.

Well done Silverstein Properties. The job of rebuilding is not complete, but we are getting there.

Some photos taken of and around 3 WTC over the last couple of weeks...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 4:33 PM

Turned out to be a great building imo.

Now on to 2WTC to wrap things up!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 6:15 PM

We wrap things up after 2WTC, 5WTC, and Performing Arts Center are complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Turned out to be a great building imo.

Now on to 2WTC to wrap things up!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 8:13 PM
Pro Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinmac001 View Post
We wrap things up after 2WTC, 5WTC, and Performing Arts Center are complete
Is the Performing Arts Center still even planned? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time (though that's partially my fault because I don't keep myself up to date on NYC projects).

Back to the main topic, I wish that the crown and spires had not been removed from the design, but otherwise 3WTC is a good-looking building and a nice companion to 1WTC.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 8:20 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey7312 View Post
Is the Performing Arts Center still even planned? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time (though that's partially my fault because I don't keep myself up to date on NYC projects).

Back to the main topic, I wish that the crown and spires had not been removed from the design, but otherwise 3WTC is a good-looking building and a nice companion to 1WTC.
Not many updates lately; I have't heard anything new all year. REX Architects did design a building.

Here's the SSP thread: https://www.skyscraperpage.com/forum...=196755&page=4

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 8:22 PM
Ω

I spoke too soon. Looks like construction has already started on the Performing Arts Center! NY YIMBY published this 8 hours ago:

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/08/con...de-center.html

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

I'm thrilled WTC 3 is done, but boy that's some unfortunate "street art." Do I really have to say what the orange and yellow "tadpoles" remind me of?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 12:25 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 2:54 PM

They need to stop beating around the bushes (especially with silly artwork) and build Norman Foster's Plan and get over it. Its like a bunch preschoolers fist-fighting on the basketball court. It's really got to stop. The only way to attract interest is to issue incentives to potential tenants, especially lead-tenants, which also include and not limited to green energy initiatives (tax-deductible) and lower rent per square foot cost. No one is ever going to pay an erroneous amount amidst knowing the site's previous history.

After that, the Port Authority needs to act on the former site of the Deutsche Bank Building as well.

It should still rightfully be called the World Trade Center. Its not just for monetary trade, but a trade of fresh ideas and a new beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival View Post
I'm thrilled WTC 3 is done, but boy that's some unfortunate "street art." Do I really have to say what the orange and yellow "tadpoles" remind me of?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinmac001 View Post
They need to stop beating around the bushes (especially with silly artwork) and build Norman Foster's Plan and get over it. Its like a bunch preschoolers fist-fighting on the basketball court. It's really got to stop. The only way to attract interest is to issue incentives to potential tenants, especially lead-tenants, which also include and not limited to green energy initiatives (tax-deductible) and lower rent per square foot cost. No one is ever going to pay an erroneous amount amidst knowing the site's previous history.

After that, the Port Authority needs to act on the former site of the Deutsche Bank Building as well.

It should still rightfully be called the World Trade Center. Its not just for monetary trade, but a trade of fresh ideas and a new beginning.
Fosters > BIG

Building BIG would be a BIG mistake!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 3:07 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 3:11 PM

Hopefully we can get some pics of the offices soon.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 4:35 AM

Some architectural images from New York

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 11:31 PM

It looks like the Church Street sidewalks have been fully restored for the first time in a little over a decade. I haven't walked completely across since 2007 or so when the first temporary PATH terminal was still up. The only things remaining for 3WTC are one little patch of tile and temporary equipment storage on the north side, and the southwest mall entrance.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival View Post
LOL. Guess your tadpole idea hits my head. Anyways, this place is great. And nice shot of this!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 1:19 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 5:25 PM

Does anyone have an idea of what those two things are within the circle?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2019, 2:15 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 11:04 PM

Does anyone know whether the connection between 3WTC's lobby and the mall concourse has opened yet?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:49 AM

A new look at Westfield World Trade Center's 3WTC portion currently under construction:

https://youtu.be/mm025XXby-4

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture