HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
No. Life Sciences is the hot new industry. Especially with such a large generation in Baby Boomers aging. Plus, Philadelphia is a young burgeoning market that's really just starting to hit it's stride and grow. It's not a well established Life Sciences market like Boston or San Francisco…
Statements like this always strike me as odd. I get the intent. The biotech surge from the last 10-20 years has only recently impacted Philadelphia in a big way.

But…saying that Philadelphia is a “young” market really skips over centuries of history of Philadelphia playing a prominent role in science and medicine. From Benjamin Franklin to Benjamin Rush to William Osler to Albert Barnes to the Wistar Institute to SmithKline Beckman (now GSK) and Merck, there is a rich history of Philadelphia-based people and institutions contributing and leading in this area.

I think that current industry leaders and marketers would do well to stress this more. Don’t call it young, and don’t call it a comeback. We’ve been here for years.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally View Post
Statements like this always strike me as odd. I get the intent. The biotech surge from the last 10-20 years has only recently impacted Philadelphia in a big way.

But…saying that Philadelphia is a “young” market really skips over centuries of history of Philadelphia playing a prominent role in science and medicine. From Benjamin Franklin to Benjamin Rush to William Osler to Albert Barnes to the Wistar Institute to SmithKline Beckman (now GSK) and Merck, there is a rich history of Philadelphia-based people and institutions contributing and leading in this area.

I think that current industry leaders and marketers would do well to stress this more. Don’t call it young, and don’t call it a comeback. We’ve been here for years.
Sorry, I mispoke. I would classify medical/healthcare as a different industry than Life Sciences. Yes, Philadelphia has always been a leader in healthcare/medical industries and even certain parts of the Life Sciences industry, like Pharmaceuticals.

But in Biotech/Cell and Gene Therapy, etc.??? It's absolutely a new hot market. Boston and San Francisco were the original leaders here. Philadelphia is just starting to come into it's own in that regard and these are the companies that are taking up the majority of the lab/life sciences space in the region right now.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:40 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Philadelphia and the region has long been known to be Big Pharma before that phase was coined. GSK, Wyeth, J and J. Delaware, PA, NJ all strongholds for Pharma now re-branded to Life Sciences. But yeah, genomics is an area where we have started to establish big businesses. It's been studied at UPenn, but to commericalize it and put Philly on the map has been fairly recent with the start of notables like Sparks.

https://philadelphiaencyclopedia.org...ical-industry/

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 2:52 PM
i heart philly

Old Posted Oct 10, 2022, 11:23 PM

3025 JFK by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 12:09 PM

Saturday:

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 4:30 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Is that the top of the core or is it still growing?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Is that the top of the core or is it still growing?
Nah, it's not topped out yet. You can see the Amenity floor well in PHL10's last photo. It's got some more floors to go up.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 12:14 PM

Only five more floors to the top!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 4:31 AM

Notes from Brandywine's latest earnings call:

Quote:
On looking at Schuylkill Yards, our 3025 [Market], JFK project was a life science residential tower remains on time and on budget for Q3 2023 delivering. We currently have an active pipeline, totaling just shy of 400,000 square feet, which is up 73,000 square feet from last quarter. The pipeline is expected to continue as construction progresses. In fact, now with the superstructure nearing completion, we have done over 100 hard hat tours for prospects and their representatives. As I noted earlier, our $56.8 million equity commitment is fully funded. Our partners equity investment is also fully funded, and the first funding of our construction loan has commenced. As you know from our supplemental package at Schuylkill Yards, we can do about develop those another 3 million square feet of additional life science space. And it's another step in the execution of that plan, our 3151-market project, which is a 441,000 square foot dedicated life science building is on schedule and on budget. That project will be completed in the second quarter of 2024. On that project we have a leasing pipeline of about 400,000 square feet. And we plan on obtaining a construction loan and the 50% loan-to-cost range early '23 as funding of that construction loan is not required until the third quarter of next year.
Quote:
And the same thing for the north at Schuylkill Yards. I mean, we have the superstructure 3025 [Market] will top out at the end of November. The window wall system is up to six of the eight levels on the life science side. And then we leapfrogged up to the residential tower. We having daily active -- daily tours with prospects, their brokers. So the pipeline there is very good. We have there a number of multiple floor users ranging up to 70,000 to 80,000 square feet. And then we're also looking at a number of smaller users be they less than a floor that are in the queue as well. Same thing on 3151 [Market] is a little bit early, we're just really coming out of the groundbreaking on that. But the users there again, range from single floor, i.e. 35,000 square foot users up to a couple 100,000 square feet, the ranges from established life science companies, companies growing out of the incubators in the region into more graduate level space, as well as a good pipeline of institutional demand coming from the healthcare and academic systems.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/454...all-transcript

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 1:18 PM

Coming into 30th Station on Regional Rail yesterday - looks impressive.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 1:51 PM

Is it just me or is this coming out more blue glass than brown in the renderings? Maybe there are brown exterior elements that have yet to begin being installed?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 2:29 PM

It does look more blue than brown to me. I didn't like this building in the renderings, but in reality it's a lot better

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 5:54 PM

From this morning, foggy philly

Full Size

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 6:00 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Looking good and strong visual impact!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 5:38 PM

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 2:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting pictures!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 5:39 PM

This project has a really dominating presence from Drexel’s campus now. Specifically at the AJ Drexel statue.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting pictures!
Actually, I've been registered on this forum since 2016, but can't login using my old account. It's going to be a new beginning

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
This project has a really dominating presence from Drexel’s campus now. Specifically at the AJ Drexel statue.
The building looks great and fills an empty void next to the 30th street station, but the elevated freight tracks next to it look a little bit weird.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive