HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 10:50 PM
heavy user of walkability

fencing is down on both sides, though they are still working on a bit of the sidewalk on the 'back' side.

and looks like a piece of artwork has gone up on the Market St side

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 7:00 PM
你的媽媽

This turned out very nicely. Really solid infill.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 3:39 PM
你的媽媽

Prism is now online.

I like it, turned out even better than the renderings. Checks all the boxes. Excellent integration into the existing street wall and transitions to the street level superbly as seen in that photo of the Market St rally. High quality materials. I love the look of the concrete paver tile style cladding juxtaposed with the modern glass cutout. Affordable housing component.

Quote:
Prism Apartments Open At 1028 Market Street In Mid-Market, San Francisco

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON MAY 17, 2022

Construction has wrapped up on Prism, a 13-story apartment building at 1028 Market Street in Mid-Market, San Francisco. The project has added 185 new homes to the city’s market, with interiors by IwamotoScott Architecture. The Olympic Residential Group and Tidewater Capital are responsible for the development.

The project was first filed in early 2014, with approval received in 2017. Demolition and construction started in 2019, and the structure topped out in 2021. The project crane was dismantled last summer, with completion achieved earlier this year.

Unit sizes vary with studios, one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, and three-bedrooms all on the market. Prices range with the cheapest monthly rent starting around $2,100 per month for a studio, with the most expensive three-bedroom units renting for between $5,860 to $6,900 per month. The ground level includes around 5,000 square feet for retail.

Solomon Cordwell Buenz is the project architect, with interior architecture by the IwamotoScott Architecture and interior design by Parisa O’Connell. RHAA is the project landscape architect, responsible for the rooftop deck and rear yard.

https://sfyimby.com/2022/05/prism-ap...francisco.html

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 6:20 PM

I appreciate all of the updates that contributors are making (or reposting) but starting to feel like this forum is becoming one big SFYIMBY retweet.

We all need to get out there and take some pics of in-progress sites.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 6:42 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
I appreciate all of the updates that contributors are making (or reposting) but starting to feel like this forum is becoming one big SFYIMBY retweet.

Agreed. It'd be good to get some diversity of updates, but timbad is only one person and Andrew Campbell Nelson's prowess is too elite!

Looking forward to see more of your updates and photos in the future, Bobby.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 7:14 PM

Quote:

Most significant in-progress sites have their own threads and that's where pictures have been going and should go. Otherwise, they get lost in the 565 pages of the compilation thread. And most threads for individual projects begin with an SFYIMBY article because that site has taken over as the most up-to-date one to alert us to new projects and give details. But I agree that once a project is underway, we ought not to have to depend on third party sites to provide progress photos.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 7:22 PM

The trouble with 1028 Market is that it's a nice project on a welcome site along Market Street but the back side, on Golden Gate, is a sad travesty of San Francisco in decline resembling our worst images of Calcutta. I simply can't imagine paying "luxury" rents for an apartment from which I would either have to look out upon that scene or where I would have to run that gauntlet to enter the building.

The entire Tenderloin is a tragedy, but the blocks of Golden Gate to Ellis closest to Market are the worst of the worst.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Agreed. It'd be good to get some diversity of updates, but timbad is only one person and Andrew Campbell Nelson's prowess is too elite!

Looking forward to see more of your updates and photos in the future, Bobby.
Lol. Definitely! Unfortunately, I'm in Dogpatch / Mission Bay mostly so I may have to race Timbad for the updates.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 7:10 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
... I may have to race Timbad for the updates.
I've got some other things going on these days, so may not be too prolific for a while, sad to say. but, will keep doing what I can.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive