HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
My assumption is that most people who are active participants on this forum do not live in the city.
I think quite a few of us do live in the city.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 8:43 PM
BANNED

I was born and raised in west and north Philly for 20 out of 28 years of my life in gunshots and robberies and poverty and a drug ridden family. I live outside of the city now. Been shot at more living in Philly then the military. I love Philly like a sexy hot lover who has the best sex but has a toxic attitude.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 8:57 PM

Powelton Village, reporting in.
Family is from South and East Falls. Went to Saint Joes' Prep for 4 years, and I've been at Drexel for another 4. Lived in Chicago for a stint but I'm back forever now.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGrunt215 View Post
I was born and raised in west and north Philly for 20 out of 28 years of my life in gunshots and robberies and poverty and a drug ridden family. I live outside of the city now. Been shot at more living in Philly then the military. I love Philly like a sexy hot lover who has the best sex but has a toxic attitude.
Whoa dude! So sorry to hear about everything you've been through. Hope life has gotten better for you.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 9:54 PM

I also live in the city, been at Temple for 4 years now and moving to either Fairmount or Old City soon.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 10:36 PM
Chris

I'm a traitor. I live in New York now (for work).

But I'm from the Media area and lived in U City / Center City for 8 years before New York.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 2:14 AM

Quote:
My assumption is that most people who are active participants on this forum do not live in the city.
Don't think that's actually accurate, at least not historically for the forum. I've never been terribly active but for most of my time visiting here I think the majority who are active have been city dwellers.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Definitely not, I'm from Northeast Philly (the bad parts) now living in South Philly. I would think it would be the opposite

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 3:23 AM

Upper Dublin area here. Born in Pasadena CA, but lived most of my life here in philly

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 3:36 AM

Moved here from Maryland in 2015. Lived in Poplar, Delco for a short stint, East Falls, North Philly (Temple Student) and I'll be back in East Falls this summer.

Anyway, back to the meat and potatoes. Was walking past this guy this evening and snapped one:

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Born in Delaware County. Spent the first 18 years of my life in the same house in Upper Chichester that my parents still live in.

Went to (upstate) New York for college.

Then Old City (3 years), Northern Liberties (8 years), NYC (East Village (1 year)), Brooklyn (Crown Heights (9 years)), back in Fishtown (less than 1 year).

Weird to look at my time line and realize I lived longer in Crown Heights (with the exception of my childhood home) than anywhere else. I'm probably more of a NYer than I realize.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 12:12 PM

There's no place I'd rather be but in the city! I grew up in the Haddington section of West Philly, and I bought a house in Roxborough literally a month ago. Before that, I was living in Fairmount, and I've lived in Cedar Park and North Philly (as a Temple student and a few months after graduation) further back.

Like PhillyGrunt215, I grew up in a neighborhood that is no stranger to gun violence and suffering. This was also true of the time I spent in Chester. Now, I'm doing well for myself and could've easily bought a house outside of the city. I'll still choose the city every single time though. While Philly has its issues, it is truly the most unique, vibrant, architecturally beautiful, and urbane section of the region. I value those attributes more than the artificial feeling of "safety" in the suburbs.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Indiana -> Houston (1)->PHX(3)-> No.Liberties (1)-> Old City (3)-> No.Liberties (6)->Miami (2)->S.Hill (3 and counting) .... gosh getting old

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Born in Delaware County. Spent the first 18 years of my life in the same house in Upper Chichester that my parents still live in.

Went to (upstate) New York for college.

Then Old City (3 years), Northern Liberties (8 years), NYC (East Village (1 year)), Brooklyn (Crown Heights (9 years)), back in Fishtown (less than 1 year).

Weird to look at my time line and realize I lived longer in Crown Heights (with the exception of my childhood home) than anywhere else. I'm probably more of a NYer than I realize.
Where'd you go to college? I went to RIT in Rochester.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 1:34 PM

Quote:
DC - 4 yrs
Burlington - 2 Yrs
Colorado/Santa fe - 2 yrs
NJ - 2yrs
NYC (Midtown 2, Park slope 5) - 7 yrs
Upstate NY (Monroe) - 3 yrs
Rochester, NY - 5 yrs
Old City - since '15 (and 'til I'm dead)

Now THAT'S old.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
I was in a band in 1986 that used to play weekly in those Frat houses that are all connected by tunnels.

Crazy times.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I was in a band in 1986 that used to play weekly in those Frat houses that are all connected by tunnels.

Crazy times.
I knew those tunnels well. Painted a mural down there with some friends. Small world!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 9:08 PM

20220428_141841 by , on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 9:17 PM

Man. Forgot how skinny this one is going to be.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Cornell.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive