HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 9:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
This is great for NYC and for a potential future Olympics bid like the 2024 games. Now i wonder what the new team will be called and if the red bulls will still be called "New York."
does ny even want the games that soon? They will have a tough fight with Africa and Paris.

Anyway, how will that stadium help a bid for the Olympics? It is probably not suitable for a track, so where would you build the main stadium because I doubt the could easily expand a Soccer specific stadium into an 80k athletics facility.

I would guess it could be used for something else, but not track.

Really, I think there will be no thought about expandibility for olympics when designing this stadium.

A ny games would be difficult bc ny is dense and congested and short of open space, but there are plenty of old brownfields, rail yards and industrial blight to clean up and transform if the had the will and drive.

The will have to find another site for a temporary track stadium if the want the games, because ny doesn't need a permanent 80k white elephant.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development