HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 10:43 PM

Concourse 0 looks fine. Seems like a good idea to expand into the LAXit lots since those will be going away once the APM/off-site uber and lyft area opens.

Speaking of, I saw that the APM opening date has been pushed back yet again. Now it's projected to open at the end of 2025...a year after the scheduled date. So incredibly frustrating, as getting into and out of the central terminal area has never been worse. It's an absolute shit show getting in and out of there, and it's just so unpleasant. I parked in the economy garage last time I flew out of LAX in early March. It was pretty smooth taking the bus over from the garage on the way out, but when I came back, it sucked. I picked up the shuttle at the Delta terminal 2 and had to take the shuttle around the horseshoe. It took FOREVER- not only due to the gridlocked traffic, but also from the bus stopping at every terminal. The shuttle was also so crammed with people and bags. We were at capacity by the time we left TBIT, and yet we still loaded more people in at the rest of the terminals. The people mover will be such a vast improvement, and it's really pissing me off that the opening day continues to be pushed back. This city absolutely sucks at building infrastructure. Maybe it's not a problem unique to LA, but it sure feels like it's worse here than other places. LAX is complete hell.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Speaking of, I saw that the APM opening date has been pushed back yet again. Now it's projected to open at the end of 2025...a year after the scheduled date.
I was talking with someone that works for LAWA and it sounded like they were surprised by how long the testing period needed to be. Evidently, it takes 6 months of testing after the project is completed before it can open to the public.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation