HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1561  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 12:51 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.
Actually, only red line stop at Addison station, not purple line or brown line.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1562  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 AM
AlpacaObsessor AlpacaObsessor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lincoln Park, Chicago
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Actually, only red line stop at Addison station, not purple line or brown line.
Yes, but the Brown line intersects with the Red and Purple lines right after Addison which causes a serious bottleneck during rush hour service.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1563  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 2:44 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Actually, only red line stop at Addison station, not purple line or brown line.
That is correct, but Handro's reference was to Gold Crown Liquors, which has moved since their building was torn down last year along with a dozen others for the CTA project. The remaining buildings that need to be torn down for the flyover are coming down now. They are also starting work on moving major utilities. Clark is currently closed at Roscoe

Major construction is supposed to begin late 2019.

Meanwhile, the Addison station is only partially open due to a different construction project. No stops on Northbound side and Southbound stop is on East side of platform. Also Purple Line is stopping at Addison during construction. ClusterF*ck. Started last Friday and is supposed to wrap up on March 30.

Cubs home opener is April 8. and it is fascinating to watch the tremendous mess get cleaned up. Old sod was ripped out yesterday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1564  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 9:36 PM
Handro Handro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1565  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:12 PM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...
Once the flyover project is completed, I'm sure the CTA will sell off the remaining land for development. But yeah, for the next several years, the area around Clark/Roscoe/Sheffield will be quite a disaster zone!

Aaron (Glowrock)
__________________
"Deeply corrupt but still semi-functional - it's the Chicago way." -- Barrelfish
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1566  
Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:18 PM
HowardL's Avatar
HowardL HowardL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1567  
Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:54 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,093
But Sports World is still there? Which absolutely is not worth anything. So lovely, that new building, at one of the greatest intersections on the planet, which could have held that corner in an iconic way, is instead wasted with nothing to show for it.

What's the best we can hope for now? Someone puts in a 3 story bar to cover up those blank walls? And for the love of God, replace Sports World at the same time and at least try to do something good there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1568  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 12:22 AM
the urban politician the urban politician is offline
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago region
Posts: 21,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardL View Post
Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...
I’m not aware that there was ever a plan to preserve that auto body shop. The plan is to redevelop it into a restaurant/bar, possibly with a second story, if memory serves
__________________
The only thing better than a V10 is a V12
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1569  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:23 AM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,093
The rendering showed the building being redeveloped, not demolished. If they were just going to sell out and tear down, they could have done that earlier when it mattered.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1570  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:24 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
The images originally posted showed the building re-purposed as a bar/restaurant space. Supposedly CVS is coming to the spot, according to AlpacaObsessor. That makes me think that money talks. CVS is a steadier source of rent income than a bar. It will be pretty small though. Smart in a way, the closest CVS is on Southport, the closest Walgreen's are on Broadway/Waveland and Sheridan/IrvingPark. Weirdly underserved area for a drug store.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1571  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:26 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1572  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:03 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,093
If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1573  
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:26 PM
the urban politician the urban politician is offline
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago region
Posts: 21,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.
Well, they will basically have to, considering how shallow that lot is.

If they plan to have parking (it's CVS plus it's Chicago--so of course they will) it can only happen with multiple stories
__________________
The only thing better than a V10 is a V12
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1574  
Old Posted May 24, 2019, 5:10 PM
roshea999 roshea999 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies
I wonder what happens if he's not back for 2020.

I was at Wrigley a few weeks ago for the first time in over a year. I missed a home game last season for the first time since probably 1993 or so.

I'm on board with most of the renovations, but some of it disappointed me. There are so many areas now to be in Wrigley Field that don't involve actually watching the game. I guess that's progress, but lot's of empty seats these days even at "full house" games.

I was sad to see the standing room areas behind the 200 level largely decimated. I spent most of my youth (the good years at least with Sammy) standing back there for a few bucks. The best seats in the park (Upper deck behind home plate) is now a private club. Bummer.

But the exterior of the ballpark is really stunning. Transforming the old Yum Yum lot into Gallagher Way is really nice. Too bad the skyline views have been blocked by the Addison/Clark development.

But the team is awesome and Wrigley Field looks like it has at least another 100 years in it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1575  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 3:51 PM
MayorOfChicago's Avatar
MayorOfChicago MayorOfChicago is offline
You had me at herro...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 2,182
What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...
__________________
So I was out biking with Jesus last week...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1576  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 4:36 PM
Handro Handro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...
It just hasn't opened yet, they are still finishing up some of the retail spaces.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1577  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 6:18 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1578  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 3:52 AM
AlpacaObsessor AlpacaObsessor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lincoln Park, Chicago
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...
Last time I toured the place in November the developers didn't make any mention of delays and the space seemed like it was still being actively worked on.





__________________
**** Chicago Construction And Urban Development Map ****
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1579  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:44 PM
JK47 JK47 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.

I also heard that Cinemex is looking to hire a GM and AGM for the theater so it sounds like the project is still going forward.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1580  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 11:34 PM
CCCguy CCCguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Long time lurker

Wrigley has changed quite a bit. The density around the stadium is nice as is the updated stadium itself.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.