HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 7:23 PM

Wow.. Looks like lot of new things are happening. I used to live close to this mall and its such a great place to spend time, esp with kids.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2007, 7:35 PM
Plantboy

Good research, Erik. I didn't even know it was supposed to be that big! I wonder if that will ever be approved though!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2007, 7:47 PM
America's Hometown

Technically...King of Prussia has more retail space....it just doesn't have all that fun stuff like the roller coasters so it's still a smaller complex next to MOA. I can't imagine riding on a rollercoaster inside a mall.....but i guess a place like this makes sense in Minnesota during the winter months....

Old Posted Apr 2, 2007, 7:46 PM

How badly has that affected evening/weekend life downtown? I know in Edmonton their monstrosity of a decrepit mall was largely blamed for their completely dead downtown.

Oh, and for anyone planning on going to see West Edmonton Mall, save your money. The only thing worth seeing is the water park, and if you are more than a couple hours drive away its not worth seeing.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2007, 8:11 PM
BANNED

Glad that's not here, same with the WEM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 7:20 PM

I was in downtown St. Paul in January (yes, it was cold) on a Friday night, and it looked/sounded like there is still nightlife in the Twin Cities' downtowns. We walked around forever looking for an access point to the skywalks, they definitely need to mark them better. I was pretty impressed with St. Paul's skyline, as well, but then, I'm from Phoenix. We don't really have a skyline yet.
Back on topic, I think the Mall is more of a tourist attraction then a real place that repeatedly draws residents, although my friend who was kind of showing me around the city did claim he did his shopping there.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 7:32 PM
The True Avatar

The mall did have some effect on dt Minneapolis. At night anyways. As for dt retail MOA did not do too much harm. Most of the damage was already done by several other malls. I still think the mall is fun to visit once or twice a year, but I do not spend much money there.
Andrewfromaz, your problem was you were in dt Saint Paul. The skyways are not well marked there. In dt Minneapolis they are better marked.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 8:16 PM
mmmmmm.........pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis View Post
The mall did have some effect on dt Minneapolis. At night anyways. As for dt retail MOA did not do too much harm. Most of the damage was already done by several other malls. I still think the mall is fun to visit once or twice a year, but I do not spend much money there.
Andrewfromaz, your problem was you were in dt Saint Paul. The skyways are not well marked there. In dt Minneapolis they are better marked.
But when you get more specific into clubs and bars and Nightlife, the Mall used to have tons on the 4th floor but now, the 4th floor is deserted while nightclubs and bars and in general nightlife are thriving in downtown Minneapolis.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 8:47 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

Thanx for the tour!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 1:36 AM

It's so pathetic that our culture has produced this thing. When I see the Mall of America I understand how a person like Bush was elected.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos