HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 5:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Whats the status on SeaGlass? A supertall in Jacksonville would be nice. It seems like it would generate lots of tourism, plus it would be nice to see a proposal outside of Miami. If all goes well, Miami could have 3 supertalls before 2020. Maybe a 4th, because All About Florida has a proposed 80 floor tower on top of the station. Unknown height as of now, but its a large tower supposedly with a lot of square footage.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 5:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Miami Beach and Miami Projects Recent

Really Hot Condos To Replace Rather Plain Historic Building On Ocean Drive

Quote:
It's always a little sad to see an historic building be demolished, no matter how plain the building may be or how architecturally distinctive its replacement is (although one wonders how they're getting away with it in an historic district). The small art deco apartment building at 304 Ocean Drive, however, is plain, although it is well proportioned, and according to renderings dropped on exMiami its Luis Revuelta-designed replacement is a knockout.
=====================================
http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...cean-drive.php

Some Miami Developments: (Recent)

The Blue Hyatt Residences

Quote:
The Blue Hyatt Residences is a new condo and townhouse project at 5300 Northwest 87th Avenue in Miami. Sales for available units start in the $150,000's. The project has a total of 240 units.
4 Midtown

Quote:
4 Midtown is a new condo project by Beztak Properties and Gold Krown Financial at 3301 Northeast 1st Avenue in Miami. The project was completed in 2008. Sales for available units range in price from $325,000 to $5,200,000. The project has a total of 392 units.
http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2014/04...arch-2014.html
http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/mondrian-south-beach

Miami Beach New Condo

Quote:
Mondrian South Beach is a new condo project by Morgans Hotel Group and Sanctuary West Avenue LLC at 1100 West Avenue in Miami Beach. Sales for available units range in price from $315,000 to $2,700,000. The project has a total of 335 units.

Last edited by chris08876; Jun 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 11:58 PM

chris thanks for the work compiling this huge thread!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 7:50 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Miami Beach

Kubik:

Quote:
Miami-based 57BB Investments is the buyer. The company is managed by Carlos Cuevas, the chairman of Green Dragon Group. Green Dragon is a real estate development firm that specializes in LEED-certified projects.
No financing was recorded.

A separate “Agreement to Support Development” was filed with the county. Kubik still owns an adjacent property that is occupied by Andiamo Pizza. As part of the agreement, Kubik agreed not to oppose the mixed-use project 57BB Investments plans to build on the site.

The Cuevas-managed company intends to construct up to 12 stories of condos, mixed-use commercial space and parking on the land.
http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/20...rades-for-15m/

Normandy Isle Condo:

Quote:
Miami Beach’s Development Review Board approved a plan last month to build a waterfront condo building on Normandy Isle in North Beach.

K And R Property Management LLC, a partnership between Peter Kanat and Felipe Restrepo, are planning the six-unit condo building at 10 South Shore Drive. The five-story building will replace a one-story building on the site, which will be demolished.
======================================
http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/bea...ondo-building/

Last edited by chris08876; Jul 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 7:55 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
chris thanks for the work compiling this huge thread!
Thanks . It was fun to work on. If I see new projects going up, I will be sure to post them here. Ones that are significant will get a thread as procedure. For now thou, any new high rises or midrises I will post here. I wanted to make this thread because I notice the Floridas cities are dead on SSP. Miami gets attention, but not as much as it should. Also, other cities I noticed don't get the spotlight they deserve.

I place the city a projects in via the title, then the info in the actual post. If I see multiple projects, I'll do it in sets. Usually, sets will be for midrises or low rises. I think anything 12/13 stories is significant for a individual post for neatness and a skyscraper usually 300 feet plus should get its own thread. Just like my NYC thread for only midrises/low rises, same procedure. I will be making a significant update to this in the next couple of days. Also to members, if I am missing projects or want to add some from other cities, feel free to do so. Just use quotes please for neatness .

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Thanks . It was fun to work on. If I see new projects going up, I will be sure to post them here. Ones that are significant will get a thread as procedure. For now thou, any new high rises or midrises I will post here. I wanted to make this thread because I notice the Floridas cities are dead on SSP. Miami gets attention, but not as much as it should. Also, other cities I noticed don't get the spotlight they deserve.

I place the city a projects in via the title, then the info in the actual post. If I see multiple projects, I'll do it in sets. Usually, sets will be for midrises or low rises. I think anything 12/13 stories is significant for a individual post for neatness and a skyscraper usually 300 feet plus should get its own thread. Just like my NYC thread for only midrises/low rises, same procedure. I will be making a significant update to this in the next couple of days. Also to members, if I am missing projects or want to add some from other cities, feel free to do so. Just use quotes please for neatness .
The reason there isn't as much attention is because a lot of people on here see tall buildings being built in Miami or Florida and they just think "oh another boring condo tower"!
I just wonder how many other US cities wouldn't love to have half a dozen towers over 500+ feet going up in their downtown like Miami currently has. A lot of former SSP'ers from Miami have fled to other forums due to a lot of criticism about the city itself. There are more active forums for Miami & Florida than SSP now.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 7:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

West Palm Beach

The proposed West Palm Beach Health + Wellness Campus

Quote:
By a 3-2 vote, the West Palm Beach City Commission decided Monday to pursue Palm Beacher Michael McCloskey’s proposal for developing a 500,000-square-foot outpatient health center on the city’s “tent site” parcel.
The 2.4-acre parcel is in the median of Okeechobee Boulevard near Quadrille Boulevard.

McCloskey, head of FRI Investors, plans a two-towered, highrise that would be called the West Palm Beach Health + Wellness Campus. He has letters of interest from several not-for-profits, including Mount Sinai medical system, Miami Children’s Hospital, Jupiter Medical Center and Caron, the organization that operates several addiction treatment centers.
=================================
http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/ne....fAoa9af8.dpuf

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 4:19 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Fort Lauderdale and Miami Stations and Some Updates (West Palm Beach and Maule Lake)

All Aboard Florida's Fort Lauderdale Station Will Look Like This

Quote:
The future Florida East Coast Railway station will be located opposite the bus depot on the north side of Broward Boulevard, in the oh-so perfectly named Flagler Village, with a bridge over the tracks and driveway containing passenger amenities as well as a center platform. It was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill as well as Zyscovich. It also has the same general aesthetic as the renderings released by AAF of the Miami station, giving the whole shebang a consistent look. And it will cost $30 million bucks.
Just as a reminder: (For Miami's All abord Florida)

Floating Suburb In Maule Lake

Quote:
Maule Lake has a number of advantages over Biscayne Bay, including its depth, which means there won't be a lot of sensitive undersea life to deal with, like there is in the shallower bay. It's also privately owned. The development entails 29 floating island villas, with swimming pools, yards, boat dockage, rooftop terraces, and even private beaches. A final island will contain communal amenities, like a club house for example.

West Palm Beach commissioners OK design of proposed waterfront high-rise

Quote:
The approved design is of a 295,000-square-foot tower with 70 to 75 units. Plans also call for a public walkway along the Intracoastal Waterway.
=======================================
http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/20...te-litigation/

Integra Investments plans Bay Harbor Islands Condo

Quote:
Integra revealed its plans for Sereno, a waterfront eight-story, 40-unit building at 10201 East Bay Harbor Drive, in a written statement released on Wednesday. Steven G. is on board to handle interior design work. Features include a rooftop pool and amenity deck, fitness center and access to a marina.
Unit sizes range from 1,100 to 2,300 square feet. Prices start at $700,000, with select condos asking up to $2 million. Integra hopes to complete Sereno by summer 2016.

Developer buys land from University of Miami

Quote:
Ram Realty Services acquired 80 acres in southern Miami-Dade County from the University of Miami and plans a massive project on the land.
The Palm Beach Gardens-based company picked up the property adjacent to Zoo Miami for an undisclosed price, according to Ram’s written statement released on Tuesday. Ram obtained financing from Wells Fargo for the first phase of the mixed-use project, which is dubbed Coral Reef. The company declined to disclose the loan amount

University of Miami once planned to build a south campus on the property but opted to sell the land to Ram instead. The first phase of Ram’s development includes 408 luxury garden-style apartments and 250,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. Wal-Mart is committed to anchor the retail component of the first phase, with Chick-fil-A, Chili’s, LA Fitness and Panera also signed to leases.
==========================================
http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/20...sity-of-miami/
http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...-like-this.php

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 9:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Palm Beach

Project: 3 Thirty Three Downtown

Quote:
3 Thirty Three Downtown features two-bedroom residences, starting in the $300,000s. Plans are to build a pool and spa, open-air summer kitchen and a poolside resident Sports Club.
Project: WATER CLUB OF NORTH PALM BEACH

Quote:
Is slated to be a 2-tower condo project with a combined 44 floors and 166 units located on a site on U.S. Highway 1 in North Palm Beach in Palm Beach County.

Project: 2700 DONALD ROSS ROAD:

Quote:
Is slated to be a 4-tower condo project with a combined 19 floors and 113 units located on a site on Donald Ross Road in Palm Beach Gardens in Palm Beach County.
Project: PANAMA HATTIES SITE

Quote:
Is slated to be a 1-tower condo project with a combined 10 floors and 84 units located on a site on Ellison Wilson Road in Palm Beach Gardens in Palm Beach County.
Project: OCEAN EIGHTEEN

Quote:
Is slated to be a 3-tower condo project with a combined 9 floors and 18 units located on a site on Inlet Way in Palm Beach Shores in Palm Beach County.
==========================
1) https://www.facebook.com/3ThirtyThreeDowntown
2) http://waterclubliving.com/north-palm/
3) Cranespotters

Last edited by chris08876; Aug 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 7:00 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Just found this thread today. Chris, this is amazing. A rapid urban transformation is truly taking place in Florida.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Thanks.

Yeah I'm planning a big update soon. I wanted this to serve as a big collection or mini data base of projects. Has been a while, and what I will do is transfer many of the Florida projects not mentioned, both high rises-mid-significant (low) rises, onto here. I'll work on it this weekend.

Lots going on in Florida.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 7:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Collection for Various Cities - Update

Been a while since this received an update. Lots of new projects where added to the massive pipeline for the state. I'll try my best to eliminate duplicates, but if anybody sees one, feel free to pm me. I will be double checking anyways, but just to make sure. Anyways, here it is as a continuation of projects from the previous lists or sets. Covering S.Florida, and Tampa:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Project Update - Late 2014/Early 2015 List:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4701 North Meridian (Miami Beach)

Dolphins Stadium Renovation:

Shore Club:

Quote:
1901 Collins Avenue into 100 hotel rooms and 75 residences. 21-story tower.
Biltmore Terrace Hotel: (Miami)

Margaritaville (Not mention before - Located Hollywood Coast)

3601 N Miami Ave

8701 Collins Avenue

1900 Biscayne Blvd

1836 Biscayne

1901 Alton Road

Marina Palms

43-65 NW 23rd Street

3635 NE First Avenue

Alton Road and 19th Street (2nd new whole foods proposed)

Lincoln Lane North

400 South Miami Avenue

Quote:
The tower would rise to a height of 928-feet, according to an application submitted to the FAA last month. Construction could begin by late 2015 or early 2016.
*** Projects List (From my desktop): http://virtual-host-discourse.global...f3d3db628e.jpg

7940 West Drive

L’Atelier Residences

340 Biscayne Boulevard

Miami Ferris Wheel:

EUE Screen Gems Studio's

Quote:
The 70,000-square-foot production studio is being built on land leased from the Omni Community Redevelopment Agency, which is contributing $11.5 million to the project. It will be run by EUE Screen Gems COO Chris Cooney, whose companies have worked on many TV shows and movies.
17700 Collins Avenue

2500 Biscayne

8215 S.W. 72nd Ave

One Brickell

Aventura Mall Expansion #2

W Hotel

Meliá Costa Hollywood Resort

AZURE

500 Sunny Isles

Cornfeld West

227 NE Second St.

Quote:
40 floors. Opening in 2017.
Versailles tower Restoration:

Andrew Resnick Development

3000 Biscayne Boulevard

Quote:
800k square feet.
Miami Riverfront Residences

26 Edgewater

2626 Biscayne Boulevard

Oceana Key Biscayne

17 Edgewater

6443 Biscayne

15701 Collins Avenue

Latin American Art Museum

221 NE 29 Street

2500 Biscayne Boulevard

Sweetbird South Residences

267 SW 11th Street

Downtown Tampa Master Plan:

Quote:
Three million square feet, including three new office and hotel towers, a USF med school and heart Institute, 500 residential units, and 5,000 additional parking spaces.
The Pearl

Quote:
300-plus unit, mid-rise apartment complex
Campbell Landings

The Icon

Quote:
656 beds in 183 apartments in two five-story buildings and a five-story parking garage, which all totals 312,947 square feet
Galleria Mall Expansion:

299 N Federal Highway

Vu|New River Apartments

Gale Boutique Hotel & Residences

521 to 529 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd

Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 7:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Just a reminder that todays update does not include hypotheticals (With no renderings, just based on development rights) where developers have bought land and are planning projects from 200k t0 3 million sq ft. Several of those for S.Florida but I will only include them once they have renderings or have a good probability of happening. As a reminder, the Empire World Towers site has a supertall proposed, which was reveled yesterday.

Next City in a future update will be Orlando and its satellites.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 4:48 AM

Thank you for sharing the pics and I really appreciate that. So what happened Aventura Mall? Is going to be change? When they will renovated it? What about Food Court? Is going to bring more new concessions? Where the bus stop go? I remember where the bus stop is. They have 2 BCT routes, and a metrobus, as well.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 2:46 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Thank you for sharing the pics and I really appreciate that. So what happened Aventura Mall? Is going to be change? When they will renovated it? What about Food Court? Is going to bring more new concessions? Where the bus stop go? I remember where the bus stop is. They have 2 BCT routes, and a metrobus, as well.
They are keeping the food court. Adding new restaurants and food places though. They are adding 3 extra floors, new parking decks, something like 250k worth of expansion added to the already large footprint of the mall, and some luxury brands/tenants.

In terms of renovations, yes, some parts but the prime emphasis is on a new addition and the influx of new tenants, especially luxury.

In terms of the bus, I recall it being near the food court so one would arrive around that vicinity. Thus a reason that they are also keeping it as well. Its the main bus connect to the mall.

There will be work on it 2015 through 2016. Possibly taking a couple of years given the scope.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 2:47 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Couple of extra projects have been added to the Florida Pipeline since this threads last update:

========================
========================

The Seminole Tribe of Florida Hollywood Hotel #2 and #3

Quote:
Meanwhile, Seminole spokesman Gary Bitner confirmed Wednesday that if the compact is renewed, the Seminoles will add a 1,000-room, guitar-shaped second hotel to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood and another hotel at their Tampa casino.
SeaVault Mega-Marina

Quote:
SeaVault is designed as a temporary home for 14 mega-yachts with living quarters for captain and crew. The plan includes a clubhouse, tennis court, swimming pool, cold storage building and private vehicle parking on a secured site with tropical landscaping.
MIAMI | Liquid Lofts (37 SW 1st Street) | 866 FT | FLOORS

Quote:
Architect Charles Sieger could be planning a residential tower in downtown Miami.

Earlier this month, an application was submitted to the feds to build an 866-foot tower called Liquid Lofts. It would be located at 37 SW 1st Street, on what is currently a parking garage. The applicant could not be determined.
American Dream Mall

MIAMI | 88 S.W. 10th Street | FT | 48 FLOORS

Quote:
Galwan is likely planning a mixed-use tower on the site. The developer recently announced a partnership with Accor Hotels of France to build an Ibis Hotel in Brickell. The project will include 400 rooms in a 48-story tower, with an eight-story parking garage. It will also include residential units, office space, and ground-floor retail. Total investment will exceed $100 million.
MIAMI | 1700 Biscayne Blvd | 603 + 493 + 443 FT | 55 + 45 + 40 FLOORS

MIAMI | 2000 Biscayne Boulevard | FT | 60 FLOORS

Quote:
A group of Russian investors have the City Hall restaurant property at 2004 Biscayne Boulevard in contract, where they hope to build a 60-story tower.
MIAMI | 400 South Miami Ave | 928 FT | FLOORS

6900 S.W. 84th Street

Old Posted Mar 24, 2015, 10:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Couple new projects added for Miami-Dade. For now, preliminary data on the intentions and sites.

1) 255 East Flagler Street will be 1,001 and 837 Feet.

2) 101 SE 1 Avenue will be 831 feet.

Both projects replacing Ultramont Mall and a Marshalls downtown.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 4:06 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Current Status of Condo Projects:

Note: This is just for "Condos"

Credit: Cranespotters (List can be found on main page)

Old Posted May 29, 2015, 10:44 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Update for April/May Projects:

Note: Will add more later.

27 SW South River Drive

Quote:
The owner of a 14,969 square foot property at 27 SW South River Drive on the Miami River wants to build a 12-story residential building.
321 North University Drive

Quote:
The new owner of the vacant Fashion Mall in Plantation plans to redevelop it as a mixed-use property with residential units, office space, shops and restaurants

The vacant Fashion Mall is an enclosed shopping center with about 828,000 square feet of leasable space on 32 acres of land at 321 North University Drive in Plantation.
8800 Doral Blvd

Quote:
The 8800 Doral Blvd. development will include one building with 300-units that feature balconies and same-floor, direct-access parking. Residents of the 300-unit building will have access to state-of-the-art amenities including a 7,500-square-foot fitness center, a spectacular pool area and common entertainment facilities.
Biscayne Green

1201 NW 3rd Avenue

Quote:
Another housing project is under construction in Overtown.

Island Living, with 70 units of affordable housing, is being built at 1201 NW 3rd Ave. A groundbreaking ceremony was held last week, although work has been underway for some time.

The ground floor of the eight-story building will include 5,000 square feet of commercial space. There will also be pedestrian friendly walkways, a playground area for children, green space and parking
17550 Collins

Quote:
The Verzasca Group plans a 19-story luxury tower at the site of a Denny’s on Collins Avenue in Sunny Isles Beach, on the west side of the street that has seen little in new residential projects

The planned development, at 17550 Collins, will have 76 units, priced from below $1 million to just under $2 million, said Gennady Barksy, executive chairman of the Verzasca Group. Architect Luis Revuelta of Revuelta Architecture International is designing the project.
Southgate Tower Renovation Phase 1

Quote:
Southgate Towers, a 1960s apartment building in Miami Beach, completed the first phase of its $40 million renovation, ADD Inc. announced recently.
The completed North Tower includes a new facade, 242 redesigned units, a lobby, fitness center with yoga room, and restaurant and retail space, according to a press release.

The two buildings at 900 West Avenue will share a resort-style pool, cabanas, spa pool, waterfront restaurant and bar, and private marina with boat slips.
Mediterranean Village project

Quote:
the massive $500 million plan developed by Agave Ponce LLC would include a high-end hotel, 300,000 feet of office space, restaurants, retail establishments and a gym. It’s also slated to include 214 condo units and 15 townhouses.
Palmer Lake

Video Link

Extra Tower added for World Center:

2700 NW 2nd Avenue

Quote:
Goldman Properties has proposed 'Wynwood's first true mixed-use ground up building' for a site at 2700 NW 2nd Avenue that would contain 72 residential units, 68 hotel rooms, a little more than 11,000 square feet of retail, a little less than 50,000 square feet of offices, and large panels on the facade which will feature a rotating selection of art work. According to the Next Miami, the developer stressed that the 'evolving canvas' would 'in no event' ever be used for commercial advertisement because, you know, the temptation to use them as billboard space is there. The developer is requesting a few inofensive-enough seeming zoning variances from the city, is also planning on building a 101 space underground parking garage beneath the building. The days when common knowledge dictated that building anything below ground in Miami besides a swimming pool was impossible are long gone.
Biscayne Line

Nike Store

550 Quadrille Blvd

Quote:
This month, he told 300 attendees at the Urban Land Institute’s West Palm Beach forum that he planned to go ahead with construction of a new, 30-story office tower, before he had any pre-leased office tenants locked up.
Miami Innovation Tower

Three Hundred Collins

Motion at Dadeland

Boulevard 57

Miami Innovation District:

Indigo Hotel

Miami Beach Convention Center Hotel:

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 2:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Condo Market Report for June is out: http://cranespotters.com/TrendsFiles...531_183137.pdf

Compared to April's report: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...2&postcount=38

Area added a couple of new condo projects.

Note: Just for condos. Region has many, many more towers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development