HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
^That's why NYS worded the new indoor mask order to require masks in all places that do not require proof of vaccination for entry. It seems kinda silly that California didn't do the same.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:03 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
You could always move to Frisco.
Or Oroville! It's a sanctuary city for antivaxxers, anti-maskers, and anti-social distancers.
Quote:
Fed up with COVID-19 regulations and vaccine mandates, one California city decided to take matters into its own hands. Oroville’s city council overwhelmingly voted to declare itself a “constitutional republic” earlier this month.

‘Hit us exceptionally hard:’ Local district reveals why schools were closed Monday
What that means, according to the declaration, is: “Any executive orders issued by the State of California or by the United States federal government that are overreaching or clearly violate our constitutionally protected rights will not be enforced by the City of Oroville against its citizens.”

What does it mean in practice? Oroville’s mayor told the East Bay Times it “doesn’t change anything.”

“It’s simply reminding people what kind of government we live under and that they do have personal choices and freedoms,” Mayor Chuck Reynolds told the Times.

Proponents of the constitutional republic told reporters they were especially upset with California’s requirement that children 12 and older eventually get vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend school. However, even after this vote, schools in Oroville will still be regulated (and largely funded) by the state.
source

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:07 PM

Californians are ridiculous.

I needed something from Apple so I went to the store here (in Miami) yesterday. It was closed as apparently are all Apple retail stores worldwide. Don’t they know that there’s no Covid in Florida? No, let’s just impose that Bay Area nonsense on everyone.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
There is a big COVID outbreak brewing in NYC. I was in close contact with at least one person that tested positive recently, and possibly had contact with more than that. All breakthrough cases. I took a test the day before I found that out which came back negative so hopefully that remains the case. I'm also hearing of breakthrough cases shutting down offices throughout the city.
But why do you care? You’ve had two (maybe even three) doses of vaccine, right? And you’ve probably had Covid before (if not you’ve been either lucky or too careful).

We need to get past this crap where a Covid case can close an office or a restaurant or cancel an event. It’s like flu now - a mostly not so severe, temporary illness that occasionally kills older people (a large absolute number of them, but not so significant in percentage terms).
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post

I needed something from Apple so I went to the store here (in Miami) yesterday. It was closed as apparently are all Apple retail stores worldwide. Don’t they know that there’s no Covid in Florida? No, let’s just impose that Bay Area nonsense on everyone.
Just checked the Apple website. The Brickell Centre store is closed today and tomorrow, but other Miami area stores (Lincoln Road, Dadeland, The Falls) appear to be open. The Aventura store seems to be closed indefinitely for some reason. I did a bit of searching, and Apple does seems to close (and re-open) stores regularly based on some kind of covid criteria.

Last edited by austlar1; Dec 15, 2021 at 7:32 PM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:18 PM

Quote:

That's bullshit. I just called the Pasadena store and they're open until 9pm today.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:18 PM

So here's one...

My wife, kids and I are in Sweden until January visiting her family; Wife and I both had covid 2x (once pre vaccine and once post Moderna vaccine) and we received our booster before we left the US.

We were headed to Napoli for a quick weekend trip to see my family, and decided to get tested prior to flying...You guessed it, all 4 of us (Me, Wife, 3yr old, 11 month old) all tested positive. My wife's family who we've been visiting, all positive too. Nobody has any symptoms, I actually have been working out really hard since I've been here and have had great energy.

I've now had Covid 3 (!!!!!) times, same with my wife, and my kids now twice, and not a single symptom.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:27 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:

Fake news.

All Apple stores are currently open in the Bay Area.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:28 PM

Quote:
But why do you care? You’ve had two (maybe even three) doses of vaccine, right? And you’ve probably had Covid before (if not you’ve been either lucky or too careful).

We need to get past this crap where a Covid case can close an office or a restaurant or cancel an event. It’s like flu now - a mostly not so severe, temporary illness that occasionally kills older people (a large absolute number of them, but not so significant in percentage terms).
I dunno about you but, regardless of whether I might've had it before, I don't actually want to have COVID lol. I especially don't want to catch it right before the holidays...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:34 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
I dunno about you but, regardless of whether I might've had it before, I don't actually want to have COVID lol. I especially don't want to catch it right before the holidays...
Is he friends with the virus or something? Yeesh.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:37 PM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:

All of the Apple stores here in Pittsburgh have been opened for like a year, but they still make you wait in line forever as their stores have stupid limits.

On a sidenote, some businesses never dropped the mask rule here and its ridiculous because whenever Im walking around town, the stores that still make you mask are empty because most people dont want to wear the stupid pointless things. Also, I havent had a mask in my car for almost a year so if they require one, too bad I cant go in. Real great business practice...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:54 PM

lol same people everyday day still having meltdowns over Covid. One thing I will give Covid it has made entertaining reading here but it also made me realize that many are mentally weak or have some sort of mental disorder.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:55 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
All of the Apple stores here in Pittsburgh have been opened for like a year, but they still make you wait in line forever as their stores have stupid limits.

On a sidenote, some businesses never dropped the mask rule here and its ridiculous because whenever Im walking around town, the stores that still make you mask are empty because most people dont want to wear the stupid pointless things. Also, I havent had a mask in my car for almost a year so if they require one, too bad I cant go in. Real great business practice...
Just because you don't like masks doesn't mean they don't work to limit the spread indoors.
Source please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
lol same people everyday day still having meltdowns over Covid. One thing I will give Covid it has made entertaining reading here but it also made me realize that many are mentally weak or have some sort of mental disorder.
Some spectrum stuff no doubt, especially with the "can't see cues!".

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:12 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
I am vaccinated, have been since Feb 2021, thats plenty of protection. The virus is so incredibly tiny it goes right through the pointless masks. If youre vaccinated, wearing a mask is pretty damned ridiculous. And if you arent vaccinated than its not my responsibilty to keep those people safe from a not at all deadly virus in the first place.

But I digress, people like you want everyone to wear masks til the end of time, so you can wear one if you want and look like a paranoid weirdo if you want.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:13 PM

case in point

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:14 PM

Science and technology have replaced religion for certain swaths of our country and some people are finding themselves particularly "religious".

Last edited by pdxtex; Dec 15, 2021 at 8:27 PM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:14 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Neurological complications are common post-COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks have long COVID brain fog.

Blaming an isolated Miami Apple store temporary closure on California? Clearly cognitively impaired.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:17 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
^
I am vaccinated, have been since Feb 2021, thats plenty of protection. The virus is so incredibly tiny it goes right through the pointless masks. If youre vaccinated, wearing a mask is pretty damned ridiculous. And if you arent vaccinated than its not my responsibilty to keep those people safe from a not at all deadly virus in the first place.
That's not a source. Some masks are better than others, like chemical warfare or HAZMAT ones.

Quote:
But I digress, people like you want everyone to wear masks til the end of time, so you can wear one if you want and look like a paranoid weirdo if you want.
I have to say that first, and remember my area of California does not have mask requirements. Even with Newsom's current mandate, it's not being followed and I can certify that. I still don't have to wear one

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:21 PM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
That's not a source. Some masks are better than others, like chemical warfare or HAZMAT ones.

I have to say that first, and remember my area of California does not have mask requirements. Even with Newsom's current mandate, it's not being followed and I can certify that. I still don't have to wear one
Quote:
The pores in these masks are at least 1000 times larger in diameter (55 µm to 440 µm) as compared to the diameter of virus particles (60 nm to 140 nm).

Scientists have found toxic chemicals in preliminary analysis of face masks. These toxic substances found on face masks also involve carcinogens, allergens and controlled substances.

Masks are used by general public these days mandated by governments in order to prevent Covid-19 infection. However, experts are concerned that toxic chemicals in face masks can cause unintended health issues.

A prominent government scientific advisor has admitted that face masks do very little to protect from coronavirus and are basically just “comfort blankets”.

Below you can find a list of over 30 studies showing that face mask are useless against COVID-19.
https://sorendreier.com/list-of-30-s...inst-covid-19/

Heres a bunch more links

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/47...ealth-effects/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...n-t/ar-AANfurl

https://www.studyfinds.org/face-mask...covid-indoors/

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Neurological complications are common post-COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks have long COVID brain fog.

Blaming an isolated Miami Apple store temporary closure on California? Clearly cognitively impaired.
My guess is that one store probably is temporarily closed due to x-amount of workers testing positive for COVID. Because you know, freedom.

~ Charles Bukowski

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions