HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 10, 2023, 12:13 AM

Great shot!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 8:21 PM

received our walk through date for week of June 12th, excited to see the unit and finishes

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaxlo View Post
received our walk through date for week of June 12th, excited to see the unit and finishes
Hope to hear your thoughts. My appointment is on June 13th. Please list common issues that you've noticed. I'm a first time home owner, would be great to know what to look out for in the orientation.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoLove View Post
Hope to hear your thoughts. My appointment is on June 13th. Please list common issues that you've noticed. I'm a first time home owner, would be great to know what to look out for in the orientation.
May I ask which floor are you on? They only told me to prepare for completion at the end of July :/

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbc48 View Post
May I ask which floor are you on? They only told me to prepare for completion at the end of July :/
They didn't send your an email? Im on the 7th floor. Email came from a company called Qsee. Maybe check your junk box?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoLove View Post
They didn't send your an email? Im on the 7th floor. Email came from a company called Qsee. Maybe check your junk box?
Nothing yet. Probably it will come soon as I'm on 17th floor. I live just around the corner so watching it rise last 4+ years was like a decade for me lol

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:09 PM

Took a few quick pictures during our walk-through, great build quality and minor cosmetic issues, super excited to move in

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Took a few quick pictures during our walk-through, great build quality and minor cosmetic issues, super excited to move in
Looks awesome! Have you viewed the amenity space yet? It's probably the nicest one in the city, at least it looks that way from the renderings.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj View Post
Looks awesome! Have you viewed the amenity space yet? It's probably the nicest one in the city, at least it looks that way from the renderings.
I tried convincing them to give us a sneak preview of the amenity space but they said it wasnt finished yet haha. Overall, theres alot more work for them to do, lobby, corridors, common area hallways etc. Just hope they're on time for the "late July" commitment

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:51 PM

Quote:
I tried convincing them to give us a sneak preview of the amenity space but they said it wasnt finished yet haha. Overall, theres alot more work for them to do, lobby, corridors, common area hallways etc. Just hope they're on time for the "late July" commitment
I hope they won't rush to meet deadlines and skip details.
Not sure they will do one final touch to smooth out the stripes running along the building. Still see ugly grooves all the way up. lol

Old Posted Jun 16, 2023, 4:19 AM
Wiseguy

Thumbs up

Quote:

Oh this is awesome to hear. I'm on the 25th floor and haven't gotten any communication yet with regards to a walk through. Really hoping to see it soon, been waiting a long time for this build. Thanks for taking some quick pics, I'll see if I can snag any when it's my turn!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 9:15 PM

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 4:07 PM

Looking good but slow progress, apparently the developer is waiting for "occupancy permit" from the city. Unless its a staged occupancy for retail units because never in my life have i seen a city give a tower occupancy when sidewalks aren't even poured yet alone building finished.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2023, 1:34 AM

Yes, there is no way we can move in at the end of this month.
Just had my walkthrough today. Not sure why I had to tape literally everywhere.... :/
Maybe I'm too detail-oriented 😅. Walls are not consistently smooth, the plastic cover for under-cabinet LED strips is short and leaves gap >1"....
Another thing that concerned me was.... I saw a rat in the fire exit.... 😖 Please don't make your home their too, Mr. Rat!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 5:38 PM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Yes, there is no way we can move in at the end of this month.
Just had my walkthrough today. Not sure why I had to tape literally everywhere.... :/
Maybe I'm too detail-oriented ������. Walls are not consistently smooth, the plastic cover for under-cabinet LED strips is short and leaves gap >1"....
Another thing that concerned me was.... I saw a rat in the fire exit.... ������ Please don't make your home their too, Mr. Rat!
I have my walkthrough scheduled for 2 weeks from now, I'm on the 25th floor. I emailed them asking about closing dates and they've told me "still going to be this summer". I can tell you that you wont be moving in this month for sure. My guess is late August early Sept.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH77 View Post
I have my walkthrough scheduled for 2 weeks from now, I'm on the 25th floor. I emailed them asking about closing dates and they've told me "still going to be this summer". I can tell you that you wont be moving in this month for sure. My guess is late August early Sept.
Their outside date of August 28th is fast approaching.. I dont really care what happens but i want to close on/before Sept 29th as we have financing approvals until then. Crossing fingers.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 4:53 PM

August might be a stretch ...

Interesting that you have a walk-through scheduled! Mine was cancelled with no rebooking due to "supply chain issues". It was supposed to be over a week ago. I don't know if this was due to appliances or balcony glass not being installed.

I visited the site on Thursday last week and all of the front and side sidewalks and concrete work is still missing (including the public plaza). Balconies past the 15th ish floor are missing glass. The commercial units are still missing glazing details including canopies. I think we have a way to go yet. Even the parkade has a lot going on in it still.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity.resident View Post
Interesting that you have a walk-through scheduled! Mine was cancelled with no rebooking due to "supply chain issues". It was supposed to be over a week ago. I don't know if this was due to appliances or balcony glass not being installed.

I visited the site on Thursday last week and all of the front and side sidewalks and concrete work is still missing (including the public plaza). Balconies past the 15th ish floor are missing glass. The commercial units are still missing glazing details including canopies. I think we have a way to go yet. Even the parkade has a lot going on in it still.
I wasn't allowed to step outside to check on the balcony even though mine already have glass. Couldn't test AC, water, or appliances either and they said we can do that on the possession date. It's still an unfinished mess inside that I didn't expect lol

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I wasn't allowed to step outside to check on the balcony even though mine already have glass. Couldn't test AC, water, or appliances either and they said we can do that on the possession date. It's still an unfinished mess inside that I didn't expect lol
I mean legally, their outside date is August 28th, which they extended it on December 31st of 2022 for the max allowable (2x120 day periods). I emailed the sales team today and they said "likely Aug-Sept' which puts them past their outside date. They said they're working on the 5th amendment which is going to be sent "soon". All in all, theres going to be some angry people on/after August 28th.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2023, 5:39 AM
Wiseguy

Quote:
I mean legally, their outside date is August 28th, which they extended it on December 31st of 2022 for the max allowable (2x120 day periods). I emailed the sales team today and they said "likely Aug-Sept' which puts them past their outside date. They said they're working on the 5th amendment which is going to be sent "soon". All in all, theres going to be some angry people on/after August 28th.
Yea I’m wondering if they’re going to extend their outside date again (if that’s even allowed). I also received the same communication when asking for a closing date. On the same boat with a rate lock from a while back and if September hits I’m probably going to have to refinance at current ridiculous rates…

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley