HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 3:12 PM

I don't recall this being posted yet. Looks like another sizable mixed-use project ("Coulter Place") will break ground soon in Ardmore's Suburban Square:

Quote:
Meet "Coulter Place" - the newest addition coming soon to Suburban Square in Ardmore PA. This five-story, 131 unit, mixed-use building features 19,000 sf of retail space, public parking at the rear & below grade, and 2 massive outdoor amenity spaces at the 2nd level. The exterior of the building will feature ground face brick, recessed balconies, and vertical masonry details which reference the art deco architecture of historic Suburban Square.

https://www.facebook.com/JKRPArchitects

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 5:10 PM
Fishtown & Country

12/27
York between Aramingo and Thompson-

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
I don't recall this being posted yet. Looks like another sizable mixed-use project ("Coulter Place") will break ground soon in Ardmore's Suburban Square:

https://www.facebook.com/JKRPArchitects
Where in Ardmore is this??

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 5:58 PM

I really hope the Coulter Place filling in that Suburban Square parking lot.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 6:05 PM

Fern Rock TC was suppose to be a temp station from the railworks project? Can Fern Rock station be redesign so that there can be a multimodal station that supports RR, BSL and a bus terminal? Also maybe more pedestrian bridges to reconnect the neighborhood?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 7:02 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Suburban Square & Coulter Ave. off of 30, a cross street is Anderson Ave. if you are looking for it on maps.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
12/27
York between Aramingo and Thompson-

I LOVE this building.

The brick looks nice. It really adds some heft to an underperforming intersection. And the sign/wayfinder at first glance could be considered tacky but I love it a lot.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Looks like it involves demo for a whole stretch of buildings on Coulter Avenue, on the right side of the street, here.

Found this construction info, too: https://www.constructionjournal.com/...0e082ffd8.html

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 12:17 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I LOVE this building.

The brick looks nice. It really adds some heft to an underperforming intersection. And the sign/wayfinder at first glance could be considered tacky but I love it a lot.
I saw this building the other day stuck in traffic on 95. Really nice looking, and big windows and mostly brick! Adds a nice city element to a suburban looking corner. The townhouses near the Planet Fitness are moving along quickly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
Looks like it involves demo for a whole stretch of buildings on Coulter Avenue, on the right side of the street, here.

Found this construction info, too: https://www.constructionjournal.com/...0e082ffd8.html
The demo of 75 St. James Place throws me off. Isn't that address across from the LifeTime gym?
Exciting project though.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 5:14 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

by
Tony Valuez
, on Flickr

by
Tony Valuez
, on Flickr

by Tony Valuez, on Flickr

Last edited by TonyTone; Jan 7, 2023 at 8:39 AM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 1:56 PM

Philly sure does shine around Christmastime. Great photos Tony!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 3:57 PM
Chris

Anticipated restaurant openings in 2023. Mulherin's is opening at 1175 Ludlow Street in the Market East. Is that the old District Taco space?

Here are 15 of the most anticipated restaurants and bars set to open across Greater Philadelphia in 2023
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-schulson.html

This is also great!

Urbanspace food hall opening at Schuylkill Yards in 2023 with 16 vendors
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=4#cxrecs_s

Urbanspace, a New York-based developer of public markets, plans to open a food hall at the Schuylkill Yards development in University City next year.

The venue is expected to open in fall 2023 and will feature 16 food and beverage vendors, including concepts both local to Philadelphia and from Urbanspace's national portfolio. No vendors have been announced yet.

Urbanspace Philadelphia will occupy more than 14,000 square feet of space in the southeast corner of the Bulletin Building at 3025 Market St. It will feature a 13,000-square-foot indoor dining venue and a 1,400-square-foot patio next to the 1.3-acre Drexel Square park. The food hall's location also offers visitors a view of 30th Street Station directly across the street.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Anticipated restaurant openings in 2023. Mulherin's is opening at 1175 Ludlow Street in the Market East. Is that the old District Taco space?

Here are 15 of the most anticipated restaurants and bars set to open across Greater Philadelphia in 2023
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-schulson.html

This is also great!

Urbanspace food hall opening at Schuylkill Yards in 2023 with 16 vendors
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=4#cxrecs_s

Urbanspace, a New York-based developer of public markets, plans to open a food hall at the Schuylkill Yards development in University City next year.

The venue is expected to open in fall 2023 and will feature 16 food and beverage vendors, including concepts both local to Philadelphia and from Urbanspace's national portfolio. No vendors have been announced yet.

Urbanspace Philadelphia will occupy more than 14,000 square feet of space in the southeast corner of the Bulletin Building at 3025 Market St. It will feature a 13,000-square-foot indoor dining venue and a 1,400-square-foot patio next to the 1.3-acre Drexel Square park. The food hall's location also offers visitors a view of 30th Street Station directly across the street.
No, it’s on the corner of Ludlow Street and the pedestrian zone, it’s been empty I think. Next to the Iron Hill.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 7:54 PM
Chris

Another one bites the dust... Apparently another tenant is in the works. Why can't the owners knock down this whole block and build a nice hotel and an apartment building?...

Marshalls to close Center City location, becoming latest retailer to leave East Market Street
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=3#cxrecs_s

The Marshalls at 1044 Market St. is closing, leaving another empty storefront along an increasingly vacant stretch in the heart of Market East.

The department store will shutter on January 14, according to a spokesperson for TJX, the chain's parent company. The nearby T.J. Maxx at 1130 Market St., also a part of TJX brands, will stay open.

Michael Hirschhorn, president of Jenel Real Estate, said the company is currently in talks for a new retail tenant for the space. He declined to identify the prospective tenant, but said a deal is "imminent" and could come in the next two to three weeks.

"It will be something that's very complementary to the downtown and that Philadelphians will be really excited about," Hirschhorn said.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 8:04 PM

Quote:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-schulson.html[/I]
From that slideshow I don't think Bake'n Bacon is still happening at the Devil's Den spot. The building(1148 S 11th) and business/liquor license is listed for sale in the MLS and there has been no activity at the site.

https://www.brightmlshomes.com/comme...9147-338378682

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Another one bites the dust... Apparently another tenant is in the works. Why can't the owners knock down this whole block and build a nice hotel and an apartment building?...

Marshalls to close Center City location, becoming latest retailer to leave East Market Street

The Marshalls at 1044 Market St. is closing, leaving another empty storefront along an increasingly vacant stretch in the heart of Market East.

The department store will shutter on January 14, according to a spokesperson for TJX, the chain's parent company. The nearby T.J. Maxx at 1130 Market St., also a part of TJX brands, will stay open.

Michael Hirschhorn, president of Jenel Real Estate, said the company is currently in talks for a new retail tenant for the space. He declined to identify the prospective tenant, but said a deal is "imminent" and could come in the next two to three weeks.

"It will be something that's very complementary to the downtown and that Philadelphians will be really excited about," Hirschhorn said.
Yeah East market desperately needs a master plan. The lowrise strip between 11th and 8th is so hostile/gross and sits atop transit!! even the rite aid at 10th is now vacant again after the halloween pop up closed.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 8:20 PM

Quote:

Agree. Perfect opportunity to clean slate and redevelop the entire block. The entire 900 block (except for the old Post Office/Court building) needs demolished and rebuilt, and the entire 1000 block needs demolished and rebuilt.

If I were the city I'd be pushing HARDCORE for this Sixers Arena to happen. This stretch is such a sad state of affairs. The south side of Market between 7th and 11th Streets is a complete shitshow. Such a bad look for the city when EVERY visitor and tourist to the city is coming through this stretch to go from Old City, to Reading Terminal Market, the Parkway and the rest of Center City.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Agree. Perfect opportunity to clean slate and redevelop the entire block. The entire 900 block (except for the old Post Office/Court building) needs demolished and rebuilt, and the entire 1000 block needs demolished and rebuilt.

If I were the city I'd be pushing HARDCORE for this Sixers Arena to happen. This stretch is such a sad state of affairs. The south side of Market between 7th and 11th Streets is a complete shitshow. Such a bad look for the city when EVERY visitor and tourist to the city is coming through this stretch to go from Old City, to Reading Terminal Market, the Parkway and the rest of Center City.
100% agree about the Sixers proposal and the state of that stretch of Market. It’s such a shame. I’m really, really hoping they actually build this thing.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 9:27 PM

I completely agree with everything said above but in the meantime hopefully whatever is replacing Marshalls is good. You never know if they’re telling the truth when they say the tenant is exciting.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2022, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

Just pray Helen Gym doesn't become mayor...she would do everything to kill the stadium and cry when they move to Camden. This area has now lost DSW, Marshalls, Century 21, Starbucks, Burger King, Rite Aid, Dunkin, Field House Bar, Aramark and probably others I'm forgetting.

I love how the opponents assume Chinatown will just be wiped off the map immediately. The convention center and commuter tunnel proved the exact opposite, Chinatown will remain in its exact same state. Build the damn stadium.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development