HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

View Poll Results: If you won lottery money, would you move to a new locale?
Nah, I'm good where I'm at 58 65.91%
Probably, I do have a "dream" city 15 17.05%
Hard Yes, I can't leave fast enough 15 17.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Mar 8, 2023, 6:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippenstein View Post
I would use my money to fix up vacant buildings in my neighborhood and perhaps to build a small greenhouse attached to my house and a larger Conservatory somewhere on the South Side of Chicago.
Becides my other travels and extra homes.

I also would like to do rehabs in upcoming areas with a team built by my me that can do everything.

From carpentry, plumbing, drywall, roofing, Shit

I could go on for ever.

But you get my drift.

I'd love to rehab homes and make a decent profit while still putting in quality fixtures for an even longer-term investment.

This would not be a small matter. It would probably take 50-100 employees that have to flex due to the economy. I'd have to build several co buildings of blue-collar professionals to do this because I want part of the Florida market too in addition to Chicago and cites Identified as needing housing like Big Ten University cites.
So ideally some of my blue-collar guys can flex in the winter and work down south and in the summer my Florida crew can come up north and work their asses off.

As far has how to pay them and house them, I haven't thought about that plan, but than again I never won one in 100 million chances to do so.

But the question was asked. Someone wins and I rarely if ever play the fools tax, but once it gets over a Billion, I have a few days to dream and live a live of imagination.

It would be a bit fearsome to take on B or C old class office buildings built in the 1910-20's on like LaSalle Street and ever try to convert them from office to residential. The lawyers would charge more than any profit I ever tried to ask to help or outright bribe.

I'd focus on yes gentrifying up and coming Neiborhood's first. 3 and 4 Flats and when I get large go for the big Greystones on the gold coast north to Lincon park and flip them for millions. I'd Still like to keep a base income of flats with multi tenants. I know a few well off here that have these types of buildings and are a step above a slumlord, but I would be a benevolent lord and not biased and help much as I can as fast as I can to the best of my ability.

It will depend on my staff of course. Because I will be traveling the world in style by then.

I'd never put 10's of millions in a huge risk on a class C business building.

Thats for Billionaires or publicly traded companies.

Last edited by bnk; Mar 8, 2023 at 6:56 AM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2023, 12:18 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippenstein View Post
I would use my money to fix up vacant buildings in my neighborhood and perhaps to build a small greenhouse attached to my house and a larger Conservatory somewhere on the South Side of Chicago.
im currently building a backyard shed (on my st louis county lot) with lumber from a barn i just demo’d on my farm and will be adding a 4’x8’ greenhouse annex after planning closes my current construction permit…i mainly grow mediterranean and north american SW specimens and have been keeping a rather sizable european palm (among others) long enough that its starting to become difficult to move. its currently in the largest pot available at big box home improvement stores but soon may need to be replanted into a larger commercial-grade planter. my greenhouse will have doors that will open over a smooth slab like a victorian orangery so i’ll only have to move it a few feet twice a year.

the Missouri Botanical Garden (1859) is renovating the temperate/mediterranean greenhouse and look forward to pulling ideas.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 7:40 PM

im moving next month, the guy next door is so loud lol. ive never lived on the east side of bend, ill live there for a while (finally no one on the other side of the wall). id build a house on my dads property in the next town over, been sitting there almost 30 years with nothing except trees and a dirt road.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 7:46 PM
The Vomit Bag.

cool story bro.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
cool story bro.
speaking of dads and bros

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 8:47 PM

10 years ago I would have said San Francisco, but I'm not as in love with it anymore after visiting many, many times (my sister lives there). I would definitely re-locate within Chicago. I'd either move to Old Town Triangle or Mid-North area of Lincoln Park or Roslyn Place (charming, narrow street right off of North Pond).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions