HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spore415 View Post
Some progress shots looking at the lot from the North.

Great shot!
The Russian Orthodox Church did a fantastic job with the repainting of their dome (not sure what the proper word is). The glittering paint is great!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 8:44 PM
Fishtown & Country

12/30

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
12/30

Man that yellow line is so annoying. All white would look so much better.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
Man that yellow line is so annoying. All white would look so much better.
I agree. It makes it look kind of childish and cheap, and looks a lot like those newer buildings by CCP on the other side of Spring Garden. I'm still ok with it overall.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 10:25 PM

My god, what an upgrade from the shite that was there before.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 4:05 PM
Philly Pholly

This is residential, isn't it?
Really looks like an office building.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 5:17 PM

I was just in the area yesterday. This entire stretch feels COMPLETELY transformed with these new projects going up. It’s incredible. There’s still some more developable plots along Spring Garden, but from I-95 to 5th street already feels completely transformed. It’s incredible. This building doesn’t have the best design but holy shit what an upgrade over what was there.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I was just in the area yesterday. This entire stretch feels COMPLETELY transformed with these new projects going up. It’s incredible. There’s still some more developable plots along Spring Garden, but from I-95 to 5th street already feels completely transformed. It’s incredible. This building doesn’t have the best design but holy shit what an upgrade over what was there.
For sure.

This, with the crane up at 2nd & Spring Garden and the elevator towers poking out of the ground on the SE corner of 5th & Spring Garden, you can already feel the canyon effect, particularly when driving west from Delaware Avenue.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
For sure.

This, with the crane up at 2nd & Spring Garden and the elevator towers poking out of the ground on the SE corner of 5th & Spring Garden, you can already feel the canyon effect, particularly when driving west from Delaware Avenue.
Yes I drove by it over the weekend. The building makes a big difference being so close to the street. Impressive size. I lived on 4th and Brown for nearly 6 years until 2016, that whole area south of Fairmont is incredible now.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:19 PM

There is some framing going on in the commercial space but its only in the corner by the entrance/elevator. I thought there were rumors last year about Amazon pulling out of the space in this building. Did we ever get an update about that one way or the other?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
There is some framing going on in the commercial space but its only in the corner by the entrance/elevator. I thought there were rumors last year about Amazon pulling out of the space in this building. Did we ever get an update about that one way or the other?
I never heard that rumor.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:02 PM

Quote:
From my understanding Amazon isn't pulling out of these spaces, but rather stalling the opening or abandoning them altogether. Amazon is however fulfilling their lease agreements. There is another Amazon Fresh on the Boulevard that just recently finished the buildout and has yet to open. Honestly the construction activity in the Northeast is insane right now too, but that's for another discussion
https://retailwire.com/discussion/wh...resh-openings/
https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/21/a...ve-gone-stale/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
From my understanding Amazon isn't pulling out of these spaces, but rather stalling the opening or abandoning them altogether. Amazon is however fulfilling their lease agreements. There is another Amazon Fresh on the Boulevard that just recently finished the buildout and has yet to open. Honestly the construction activity in the Northeast is insane right now too, but that's for another discussion
https://retailwire.com/discussion/wh...resh-openings/
https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/21/a...ve-gone-stale/
Same in Willow Grove. The Amazon Fresh is fully built, but not open.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:52 PM

Ahh yeah that must be what I was thinking of. If it actually is stalled, I wonder if we could see another grocer approach the developer about taking over the lease. Its a good sized space with a decent amount of parking in an area that could really use a flagship grocer to complement the Asian market. Would be a shame to see it sit empty.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 7:30 PM
Chris

Quote:
Ahh yeah that must be what I was thinking of. If it actually is stalled, I wonder if we could see another grocer approach the developer about taking over the lease. Its a good sized space with a decent amount of parking in an area that could really use a flagship grocer to complement the Asian market. Would be a shame to see it sit empty.
I'd rather see a Giant, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Aldi, etc. open here.
Any of the above would be massively popular.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 7:47 PM

This stretch will have so many new units in 5 years. I just hope the city gets Spring Garden Street to a somewhat acceptable status. The trash is insane (even for Philadelphia's low standards) in most of Callowhill and whatever we're calling southern Northern Liberties these days. The empty triangle lot at Spring Garden, Ridge and 12th is the epicenter of the trash on this stretch. I can't believe the city refuses to try and fix the trash issue. The street sweeper pilot never even ticketed cars for not moving so the street sweeper never gets against the curb where all of the trash and debris actually is. Sorry for the rant, I'm just so tired of living in filth.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 8:32 PM

Amazon Fresh in Broomall is creepy (your every move is monitored for the convenience of no checkout "bag and go") and they had a hard time keeping items stocked. An idea whose time should never come. I quit going after a few visits and there were hardly any customers on those visits.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Amazon Fresh in Broomall is creepy (your every move is monitored for the convenience of no checkout "bag and go") and they had a hard time keeping items stocked. An idea whose time should never come. I quit going after a few visits and there were hardly any customers on those visits.
Huh, I've never really stopped to think whether that concept is a good idea in practice. It sounds cool so I just kind of assumed it would be. It sounds pretty dystopian when you describe it. I'll have to go in and check it out for myself.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 1:18 AM

Re: the rumors about Amazon pulling out of this location
Quote:
Amazon Halted Fresh Grocery Store Rollout for Review, CEO Says
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Amazon.com Inc. has paused expansion of its line of Amazon Fresh grocery stores as it evaluates how to make the chain stand out to shoppers, Chief Executive Officer Andy Jassy said on Thursday.
News site The Information reported in December that Amazon appeared to be letting new Fresh stores sit empty and unopened.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
Re: the rumors about Amazon pulling out of this location
I'm not surprised. To be honest it sounded like another tech solution in search of a problem. Who really has issues with just using a self checkout line for <5 minutes vs feeling watched by cameras? Hopefully it can get filled soon. The space would be too large as a single tenant probably, but I could see another Amazon Hub like the one in Graduate Hospital getting a lot of use

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive