HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
It's so exciting.
Just the fact that The GREENWAY PROJECT is happening is an acknowledgment of what needs to be done
Tho I believe it is not broad enough
Spring Garden "BOULEVARD"!?
in the sense that this should be a CENTER CITY wide policy. (to begin with)
Medians of MARKET, BROAD, WASHINGTON "BOULEVARD", COLUMBUS
(I like to call it Delaware River Boulevard, combined w Delaware Ave)
Develop a GREEN PLAN. With a timeline. A guide. Then start acquiring the funding. This may exist

Never take TOURISTS for granted!
development of the "Philadelphia Canopy"
'Construction should start in the next 5 years'

Seriously, they need a Marshall Plan level of just-get-it-done execution, they've been pondering the greenway since at least 2012.

https://whyy.org/articles/philadelph...rden-greenway/

Don't get me started on the Penn's landing cap. I always saw 2026 as the date but someone mentioned 2030 a day or two ago. LOL.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:51 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
'Construction should start in the next 5 years'

Seriously, they need a Marshall Plan level of just-get-it-done execution, they've been pondering the greenway since at least 2012.

https://whyy.org/articles/philadelph...rden-greenway/

Don't get me started on the Penn's landing cap. I always saw 2026 as the date but someone mentioned 2030 a day or two ago. LOL.
How could it possibly take 5 years just to start the project?...

Does the Washington Avenue project have trees planned?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
How could it possibly take 5 years just to start the project?...

Does the Washington Avenue project have trees planned?
It's OK guys I found the money: Philadelphia spent $775M less than it allocated in fiscal 2022. Here's what it plans to do with the money.

Quote:
With the extra spending dollars available, the city said it will put "a significant portion" of the funding to reserves as extra backing toward inflation and preparation for a what many see as an imminent economic downturn.

Philadelphia will also look to "make targeted but essential investments now across a number of areas including education, public safety, Parks and Rec and the Free Library, cultural institutions, infrastructure investment, and homeless services."
Idk if it's necessarily a good thing that a lot of the savings are from positions going unfilled, but higher than expected collections on BIRT and wage taxes is probably a good thing, and it can't hurt to bolster city finances.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:44 PM

[QUOTE=Urbanthusiat;9774881]It's OK guys I found the moneyhiladelphia spent $775M less than it allocated in fiscal 2022. Here's what it plans to do with the money.[/URL]

Have they considered light poles down the center of South Broad??

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
I dunno, why don’t we just use the money to sweep the fu#$ing streets once a month? What a joke.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 10:20 PM

Just reporting, the core is already above ground - we need a pictorial update for this one.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2022, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Just reporting, the core is already above ground - we need a pictorial update for this one.
Oh wow! I forgot about this one!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 8:42 PM
Fishtown & Country

12/30

Old Posted Jan 24, 2023, 4:50 PM

12-Story, 329-Unit Project Under Construction at 5th and Spring Garden

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/12-stor...spring-garden/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 1:16 AM

Really surprised this one doesn't have a tower crane yet. It'll be interesting to see how they manage when it gets taller.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 4:15 PM

Looks like crane is up now- I saw a blue one that was not there last week looking east from the rail viaduct going into town this AM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 4:27 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
Looks like crane is up now- I saw a blue one that was not there last week looking east from the rail viaduct going into town this AM.
They were installing the crane base this weekend, so I'm glad to hear it's up. Two tower cranes are now up just a few blocks apart on Spring Garden, with the other at 200 Spring Garden.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
They were installing the crane base this weekend, so I'm glad to hear it's up. Two tower cranes are now up just a few blocks apart on Spring Garden, with the other at 200 Spring Garden.
If we get cranes at all four corners 2nd, Callowhill, 5th, and Spring Garden at the same time, I'll loose my freakin' mind.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:13 PM

With all of this development going up on Spring Garden east of Broad, I'm shocked that no one is discussing reviving the 43 as a light rail route, especially as the city reimagines Spring Garden to be more pedestrian friendly...

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
With all of this development going up on Spring Garden east of Broad, I'm shocked that no one is discussing reviving the 43 as a light rail route, especially as the city reimagines Spring Garden to be more pedestrian friendly...
That would be incredible! Although I wonder if SEPTA has the budget to make that work. I’d be curious to know if light rail is more or less expensive than comparable bus service long term.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
That would be incredible! Although I wonder if SEPTA has the budget to make that work. I’d be curious to know if light rail is more or less expensive than comparable bus service long term.
It costs less to run, ironically enough. Light rail has theoretically infinite capacity (provided the cars can be train lined) whereas a bus has a fixed capacity. Trolleys are also significantly more energy efficient.

If the city ever plans on putting a bus lane on Spring Garden, why not go the extra mile and put some tracks and wire in too?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
It costs less to run, ironically enough. Light rail has theoretically infinite capacity (provided the cars can be train lined) whereas a bus has a fixed capacity. Trolleys are also significantly more energy efficient.

If the city ever plans on putting a bus lane on Spring Garden, why not go the extra mile and put some tracks and wire in too?
Spring Garden Trolley down Delaware/Columbus Ave is my dream with a loop near IKEA . It would probably lead to the redevelopment of the Piers near Washington Ave and all those strip malls near Front St hugging 95.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
Spring Garden Trolley down Delaware/Columbus Ave is my dream with a loop near IKEA . It would probably lead to the redevelopment of the Piers near Washington Ave and all those strip malls near Front St hugging 95.
I would add Spring Garden Trolley to West using the old trolley tunnels to cross the Ben Franklin Parkway, cross the Schuykill river, go up 33/34 streets with a stop at the zoo and finish at the Mann Center

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
I would add Spring Garden Trolley to West using the old trolley tunnels to cross the Ben Franklin Parkway, cross the Schuykill river, go up 33/34 streets with a stop at the zoo and finish at the Mann Center
That would certainly make reaching the Mann much easier. I paid $70 for an Uber after the roots picnic this summer.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
My god if we got light rail on Spring Garden and then a connecting line down Delaware Ave to Ikea I'd be over the moon. Maybe one day.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction