HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 22, 2023, 7:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
A nice article about "demonizing" people. Though it dates back to 1996, from what I've read here it is incredibly relevant to the current discourse.

https://www.scu.edu/government-ethic...our-opponents/
That’s a good article. I am trying more and more not to be as quick to judge others. As someone who understands how much we are products of our environment, I have to also accept that someone from a small rural town who might be fearful of others that don’t look like them, for example, has lived a different life than me. Not judging people on intentions is a big part of it. I think assuming positive intent in others is something we all should consider. Like in my example, assuming the person from the small town would change if exposed to different people and learned that their fears are unfounded in evidence. There is a problem on the left with purity tests and I don’t espouse to that. When I’m criticizing conservatives I do mostly mean the politicians and the wealthy who actually have power to effect you and I. It’s also why I suggest the rest of us unite on economic grounds. Believe it or not, I would consider Luisito more of an ally than a lot of my own friends who aspire to do nothing but get rich by any means possible or the ones who think affirmative action is how to solve social inequality. It’s just that some people need more education than others

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
About the xenophobia comment, I’m just “telling it how it is”. Tell me: are you a fan of any sports teams outside of Manitoba?
Out of the last 80 posts on Manitoba’s provincial politics, 37 are from a guy, with no life, from Saskatchewan. Just telling it how it is.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 12:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
Out of the last 80 posts on Manitoba’s provincial politics, 37 are from a guy, with no life, from Saskatchewan. Just telling it how it is.
Xenophobic AND projecting your own insecurities. Classic. Look, it might take you all day to type a paragraph of words but don’t assume that for others. I go to where the discussion is. I’ll keep posting as long as people keep replying, as you are. Keep up the hate, it only motivates me to dig in.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 12:31 PM

I really suggest you look up what xenophobic means before calling me one, questioning why a person, who doesn’t live here, is so obsessed with our politics, does not make one a xenophobe. All you have done is gaslight and make up your own narratives. You are a troll of the highest order. And the proof is in the pudding, as you don’t even live here.

You claim to have read that article pspeid posted, you claim you’ll try to do better, well I’d suggest reading it again.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 12:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I really suggest you look up what xenophobic means before calling me one, questioning why a person, who doesn’t live here, is so obsessed with our politics, does not make one a xenophobe. All you have done is gaslight and make up your own narratives. You are a troll of the highest order. And the proof is in the pudding, as you don’t even live here.

You claim to have read that article pspeid posted, you claim you’ll try to do better, well I’d suggest reading it again.
Get over it. I’m interested in the discussion and I will continue being part of it. It’s a bit of a change of being inundated with Alberta politics as we in Sask are often forced to be. If there’s something you disagree with me on something, criticize the ideas, not the person. And enough of the comments about being an outsider or “having no life”. I’m trying to move forward in a positive direction and I expect you and others to as well.

And again, if you can’t handle it, add me to your ignore list. It’s not that hard.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Get over it. I’m interested in the discussion and I will continue being part of it. It’s a bit of a change of being inundated with Alberta politics as we in Sask are often forced to be. If there’s something you disagree with me on something, criticize the ideas, not the person. And enough of the comments about being an outsider or “having no life”. I’m trying to move forward in a positive direction and I expect you and others to as well.
Ohh please, poor you, practice what you freaking preach, your first response to me was to call me xenophobic. You’re a joke.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2023, 12:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Ohh please, poor you, practice what you freaking preach, your first response to me was to call me xenophobic. You’re a joke.
xenophobia

Quote:
1. an aversion or hostility to, disdain for, or fear of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan