HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:36 PM
Pay it Forward

2 40th floor Apartments in the City--$19,000/Mo. vs $11,202/Mo. Which is better?

I've gotta be honest, the $19K unit looks cheap and awkwardly laid out imHo. The $11K unit is smaller but the kitchen for example, looks more refined---and the views from the $11K unit are just sublime.

But that's me, what do you think?

$19,000 per month
Video Link

vs.

$11,202 per month
Video Link

PS I will say however, the $19K unit is in one of the most aesthetically pleasing new highrises in SF imo. Just gorgeous. Too bad I wasnt nearly as wooed by the unit itself.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:43 PM

Good one Montclair.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:45 PM
devout Pizzatarian

can i just rent both and fly my jet-pack back and forth between them?

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:46 PM

The first one looks like an open floor plan corporate office.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:48 PM
BANNED

I wasn't impressed with the first unit. The location isn't great and the hallway to nowhere is wasted space. The second video is 40 minutes long, I didn't get past the first 2 minutes.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 12:43 AM
Pay it Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
The first one looks like an open floor plan corporate office.
Right? Very tacky looking.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 8:41 AM

The second video spun me around so much I can't tell which building they entered but it seemed like One Rincon Hill which is now around a decade old (the newer of the two buildings--the older one is 2 decades old) vs 1550 Mission which is brand new.

In the eyes of most people, Rincon Hill (they were at the top of the hill regardless of whether it's ORH or the building across the street) is by far the better neighborhood but it's a San Francisco thing: If you want to go out and grab a cup of coffee or a quart of milk from those buildings, it's going to be a significant climb back up the hill from any kind of shopping on Folsom St. (there's not much but those residential buildings at the top of the hill).

On the other hand 1550 Mission is on the flatlands with a decent amount of shopping not too far away including a Whole Foods, multiple coffee places and so on (had a great donut--in a place that also makes pizzas in a wood-fired over--just a block and half away today), with no hills to climb. Downside: No Bay views like at ORH (from the 40th floor you can probably see the Bay but it's not nearby like at ORH).

Bottom line: As somebody who really values a walkable neighborhood, I don't think living at the top of Rincon Hill would do it for me even if it meant I had to pass a few homeless folks on my walks as I likely would at 1550 Mission.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions