HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
I lived in midtown when I was in Sacramento and it is a very pleasant neighborhood. Midtown has a very nice tree canopy. The 40s neighborhood to the east is also as nice of a neighborhood as you will find anywhere.
My family says that area is locally referred to as the Fabulous 40s. We've driven around there at the holiday time and it is quite festive!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 1:11 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

I have to admit, I was skeptical that this thread would show anything new since many photo threads rehash a lot of what has already been captured. But you have a good eye and it was fun seeing the city through your camera lens.

Sacramento is such a unique place. It’s California but with a Midwest flair. A much slower and relaxed pace without pretense. A Los Angeles Times travel reporter once called it “the big easy chair” which I think sums it up perfectly

I’ve moved away a couple of times for school, work and volunteer assignments. But I’ve always been drawn back. As soon as I turned 21 I moved into an apartment downtown. I rented an Art Deco apartment that I paid $400 a month for. Rents are much higher today of course. I earn a solid paycheck but it’s still not enough to pay rent or a mortgage and put away money, so unfortunately I will be looking to relocate out of California in the next two years to North Carolina. Sacramento will always be home though.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
This new building turned out nicely!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos