HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 22, 2006, 2:38 AM
tä-gE

Yeah, I think it looks MUCH better than the original...
BTW, do you post on minnescraper?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 12:38 AM
The True Avatar

I post over there from time to time. Not as much as I would like, because for some reason my computer will not allow me too. I go by Ianapolis over there. Used my sons name for a change.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 12:53 AM
tä-gE

Ahh, I always thought that was a knock off of you, but it WAS you.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 12:56 AM

oh yeah, I remember that. somone once did a "who came back from twincityscape" thread, I had forgotten about that.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2006, 5:12 PM

Hi, my first post here, new to this site. Been casually following Minneapolis development for about 20 years and like what I see happening in and around the Minneapolis DT core. I've been curious of what's developing with The Nicollet project. It sounds like they have a new realtor team and an association with Heinz properties. Does anyone happen to know if they've picked a month to break ground?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2006, 5:47 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellingson
Hi, my first post here, new to this site. Been casually following Minneapolis development for about 20 years and like what I see happening in and around the Minneapolis DT core. I've been curious of what's developing with The Nicollet project. It sounds like they have a new realtor team and an association with Heinz properties. Does anyone happen to know if they've picked a month to break ground?
Great to have ya here and welcome to the forum! I have been monitoring the Nicollet project for quite some time. I go into the sales office usually once a month to keep up to date. The people at the sales office all claim that the project will break ground sometime this fall. There is no set date yet, but all they keep telling me is that it will be this fall.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2006, 2:23 AM

I shot this today of The Carlyle from the 40th floor of the Dain Rauscher plaza. The elevator lobby has a wall of windows on the southeast side that are (more or less) public access as long as the elevators are on (during normal business hours).

Sexton Phase II looks nice. Two Twenty Two looks fantastic... Where is that supposed to go up?

And I am really dying to know about the Eclipse. I've heard lots of rumors and seen one rendering; even the developer's website has a picture of it (but that's IT). The parking lots around the new library need to be developed and I know the city is pushing for them to be but I'm getting impatient. haha. Anyone know anything recent about the Eclipse or the transit hub they want to put up over those parking lots?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2006, 8:43 PM
The True Avatar

Great pic Sun. Those porta-potties are awfully close to the edge on the 40th floor. I would hate to be in one on a windy day.
As to your questions about the transit hub and the Eclpise.
The transit hub, there is no news. Opus what floating the idea of swapping that parcel of land for the one they own on 5th and Nicollet. But nothing has come of this yet.
As to the Eclipse. It is in a holding pattern. Shamrock is looking at a new market for it. As it was going to be high end, but that market is pretty well accounted for. So it is going through a reworking. Whether this will be a new design I do not know. But I do not expect to see any wotk until after Bridgewater is closer to complete. Shamrock seems to like to do one project at a time.
By the way. If you go to the forum at www.minnescraper.com we have much info over there on many projects.
A shameless plus, but it is the best site for TC info. It has done a very good job of replacing TCscape.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 7:58 AM
JoeCooper

Hey Sun, thanks for finding another great observation point here in the Twin Cities! I think I'll head up there myself when I have time, it's just the Chase Building and the Williams Tower both in Houston, even though they are not observation decks, they are skylobbies that are accessable to the public for viewing, but only during business hours and the best part is they're free to go up in. The IDS Tower has the Windows on Minnesota open on Sundays and since it is there are a lot of people who go up to the skylobby on the same floor and check out the views who are not up there to eat, since it's not an observatory it doesn't cost a thing.

Also, I see they are almost done with the construction of the Penfield sales office.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2006, 5:35 AM
JoeCooper

Who here sees the future of these groups establishing themselves here in Minneapolis/St. Paul: Trump, Ritz Carlton, Shangri-La Hotels, Mandrian Oriental Hotels, or any other to name a few that are currently buiding across US and Canada building here?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2006, 5:37 PM

I'd like to see at least one of them come to town, but with the addition of some of the boutique hotels it's hard to imagine one of these brands coming because they tend to be large hotels and I just don't know if there is a need for a large hotel yet.
Personally I'd like to see a large convention center hotel put in place, but I know the city has no plans of trying to lure someone with subsidies or anything of that nature.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2006, 5:57 PM
Architecture/Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
Who here sees the future of these groups establishing themselves here in Minneapolis/St. Paul: Trump, Ritz Carlton, Shangri-La Hotels, Mandrian Oriental Hotels, or any other to name a few that are currently buiding across US and Canada building here?
Good question. It's not that the Cities aren't upscale in income by any means, but you might be more likely to see a Wayzata native in a Honda than a Lamborghini, even though many could afford one. (I say this even in spite of the Maserati dealer on 394.)

It's been said that the Twin Cities are not ostentatious, but to a fault. It seems most of the above-mentioned properties cater to a rather upscale - and more visibly so - clientele. There is little in the Cities that seem to approach a Palm Beach or O.C. crowd, even though income levels are comparable. I'd like to see more flash and glamour in Minneapolis.

As NordeastHomer mentioned there may not be a real need for another major hotel yet. But who knows? A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel is already going into the Ivy. There are only 8 or 9 of those in North America and they are nearly all resort properties. A "W" is going into the Foshay, and The Chambers (exceptionally upscale) just opened on Hennepin Avenue.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 3:04 AM

anything new

Anything new with the Nicolette, I thought a year ago, I would start seeing cranes rising in the air . I am really looking forward to the Minneapolis skyline expanding over the next decade. It would be great, if we could finally have a new tallest building.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 4:01 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocode
Anything new with the Nicolette, I thought a year ago, I would start seeing cranes rising in the air . I am really looking forward to the Minneapolis skyline expanding over the next decade. It would be great, if we could finally have a new tallest building.
About the Nicollet, it is not due to break ground until April 2007. This was confirmed at the sales office on September 16th. I have yet to check back with them. They say it's for sure, but until construction actually begins I still have yet to believe them.

I agree about a new tallest building! I don't care if it doesn't even break 1,000 feet, we need a new tallest. It's been too damn long!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 6:54 PM

thanks for the info, I am with you, I won't believe the nicolette is going up, until, I see some dirt bein move around.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 6:58 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocode
thanks for the info, I am with you, I won't believe the nicolette is going up, until, I see some dirt bein move around.
BTW welcome to the forum! I am ashamed by how dead this forum is, hopefully we'll get some momentum and shake this one up...

Old Posted Nov 4, 2006, 4:54 PM

there is no "e" on the end of "Nicollet"...and only one t. grrrr

Old Posted Nov 4, 2006, 8:05 PM

excuse me

Old Posted Nov 4, 2006, 8:07 PM

Nicollet

Old Posted Nov 4, 2006, 8:36 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations