HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 7:18 PM

Does anyone have an update on the development at Lehigh and Frankford? I think it was called Woods or something.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
Lol, ok take it up with The Inquirer I guess…
Did you even read the article? I said that the police are terrible at doing their job and Krasner prosecutes nearly everyone the police actually charge. How exactly did your article refute any of that?

The article notes the terrible performance of the police, so I guess we're in agreement there. The article does attack Krasner's conviction rate on illegal gun possession and notes that the rate fell after he took office(it was also already falling before he took office) but it doesn't have anything to do with the persistent myth pushed by you and others here that Krasner isn't prosecuting people for these crimes.

Krasner is prosecuting these people. They're just winning. The police blame him. Krasner blames the evidence the police are giving him. So I guess it's up for people to decide, are the police bad at obtaining evidence (keeping in mind, the police are bad at everything they do) or does Krasner love criminals and wants them to run free? Tough choice for the armchair intellectuals.

It's worth noting that conviction rates are down across America for all kinds of crimes. Probably because convicting people often requires testimony from a cop and it's pretty hard to find a jury full of people that all unquestioningly believe the word of a cop these days.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 7:50 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Also Just in....

https://twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/stat...11832680304641

Quote:
BREAKING
@septa
Transit Police Chief Thomas Nestel has been ousted. It comes after criticism from his own officers, riders& Philadelphia city leaders after a series of FOX 29 News reports revealing violent crimes committed on SEPTA trains, buses &in stations

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Did you even read the article? I said that the police are terrible at doing their job and Krasner prosecutes nearly everyone the police actually charge. How exactly did your article refute any of that?

The article notes the terrible performance of the police, so I guess we're in agreement there. The article does attack Krasner's conviction rate on illegal gun possession and notes that the rate fell after he took office(it was also already falling before he took office) but it doesn't have anything to do with the persistent myth pushed by you and others here that Krasner isn't prosecuting people for these crimes.

Krasner is prosecuting these people. They're just winning. The police blame him. Krasner blames the evidence the police are giving him. So I guess it's up for people to decide, are the police bad at obtaining evidence (keeping in mind, the police are bad at everything they do) or does Krasner love criminals and wants them to run free? Tough choice for the armchair intellectuals.

It's worth noting that conviction rates are down across America for all kinds of crimes. Probably because convicting people often requires testimony from a cop and it's pretty hard to find a jury full of people that all unquestioningly believe the word of a cop these days.
Wow you seem to really love Krasner. That’s really great. Glad he’s turning the city around. What’s your solution for those of us who think crime has gotten out of control?

““We do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the DA’s Office wrote.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...outputType=amp

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 8:24 PM

Quote:
wow you seem to really love krasner. That’s really great. Glad he’s turning the city around. What’s your solution for those of us who think crime has gotten out of control?

““we do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the da’s office wrote.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...outputtype=amp
gun control

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 9:21 PM

Holy shit guys. Shut up. Take it to the DMs. You know who you are.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Holy shit guys. Shut up. Take it to the DMs. You know who you are.
Hey now don’t wind up making Allovertown and myself friends here. I think we kept it relatively civil. We don’t agree, but we had it out.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 1:05 AM

I mean gun control could go a very long way in helping this city feel safe again I’m not sure how anyone could disagree with that there’s just no way around it. As for general violence and crime there’s desperation in the city that’s gotten increasingly worse since the pandemic. No murder rate is good but it was significantly lower in the years before 2020. Having a gun simply emboldens those people who would or wouldn’t normally commit violence. This is a major issue that is directly related to Philadelphia. It’s also just lazy to blame the Mayor and/or Krasner at this point

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 3:07 AM

I was visiting Philly on 06/25/2022 and was able to snap a couple of photos.

NE Corner of S 26th & Pine.

NE Corner of N 2nd & Cecil B. Moore.

SW Corner of N 7th & W Dauphin.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 11:49 AM
Chris

Is 26th & Pine a single home? If so, that is huge.

It also has a bit of a beachy look to it.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
““We do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the DA’s Office wrote.”
This is an incredibly stupid statement. Do I need to explain why? Is someone going to defend this?

Yes, the cops are fucking awful. Yes, Republicans in Washington and Harrisburg have enacted insane gun laws. That doesn't make the DA's Office statement any more acceptable.

(And yes, Kenney should resign. I empathize with him. I don't blame him for feeling that way. He's not the right man for the job.)

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Side note. If your concern is guns then you better make sure existing gun laws are being enforced and prosecuted under. Otherwise what’s the point for more?
OMG, please stop. What current gun laws are actively being ignored by law enforcement? Name one. Just because a stupid theory or phrase is used a lot doesn't make it any more logical or accurate. PA has the most lax gun laws of any NE state as far as I know.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
OMG, please stop. What current gun laws are actively being ignored by law enforcement? Name one. Just because a stupid theory or phrase is used a lot doesn't make it any more logical or accurate. PA has the most lax gun laws of any NE state as far as I know.
My God guys. Chill. I’ve literally just been referencing Inky articles this entire time. Pick them apart on your own then. You’re completely taking what I said out of context. This is the problem. Allovertown and I had the debate. We disagree and that’s fine - we’ve finished. But then people just pile on days later and then it drags the debate out endlessly. Read the room and review our exchange.. Or if you want to make a point directly, then use the DM. I doubt either of us want to have to keep repeating ourselves. If things seem settled, let them be settled and move on!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Is 26th & Pine a single home? If so, that is huge.

It also has a bit of a beachy look to it.
I'm pretty sure it's multi-unit.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 4:21 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post

NE Corner of N 2nd & Cecil B. Moore.

Wow those windows are glorious.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Does anyone have an update on the development at Lehigh and Frankford? I think it was called Woods or something.
The lumber yard was owned by my friend's dad and was in their family for a few generations. They were pretty happy to cash out. I haven't talked to him in a long time, but I imagine his dad is retired now. I think the below link has the latest renderings, but somebody else correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't been up that way in a while so I'm not sure if there's been any progress on it.

According to eCLIPSE, the building permit was issued on 8/23/21 so maybe it's under way by this point?

https://phillyyimby.com/2021/01/new-...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Wow those windows are glorious.
I agree, this looks great.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 7:03 PM

Quote:
This is the problem. Allovertown and I had the debate. We disagree and that’s fine - we’ve finished. But then people just pile on days later and then it drags the debate out endlessly. Read the room and review our exchange.. Or if you want to make a point directly, then use the DM. I doubt either of us want to have to keep repeating ourselves. If things seem settled, let them be settled and move on!
Something we can agree on.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 7:59 PM

https://www.inquirer.com/food/love-p...-20220706.html

I wondered if this had run into problems since I haven't seen any workers on site in nearly a year. Too bad to lose Safran Turney. This project has been dragging for years now.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Something we can agree on.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development