HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
How long can they realistically wait for an anchor tenant? Is there a deadline?

I like this building but also don't like the fact that there are 5 or so others right next to it of identical height.
I mean, they can probably wait as long as they want. I don't know of anyone pressuring them, is there?

Also I don't see a problem with the buildings of identical height.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 7:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
How long can they realistically wait for an anchor tenant? Is there a deadline?

I like this building but also don't like the fact that there are 5 or so others right next to it of identical height.

There is no deadline, but construction permits often have to be renewed. I’m sure they would like a paying tenant as soon as possible.

It also looks like certification for the railyards transfer isn’t complete. That’s likely why we only have the diagram for a 14-story building.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

If you want to underscore how lousy your tower's design is, show a render with one of the most legendary and aesthetically pleasing signature towers of NYC just to the right of it.... LOL.

I guess the term would be "negative contrast".

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 1:44 PM
BANNED

I think that this is a pretty nice tower.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 1:57 PM
New Yorker for life

That’s not the best rendering, but of course midtown renderings always showcase the ESB. You don’t get more NY than that. The Statue of Liberty woyld be in there if it made sense.

But a better sense of the tower comes with the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

And finer details…

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 4:54 PM

It's an attractive tower. Elegant and restrained.

Boston Properties has extremely deep pockets. Would be nice if they just finished this on spec.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 5:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
It's an attractive tower. Elegant and restrained.

Boston Properties has extremely deep pockets. Would be nice if they just finished this on spec.
I like this tower. However, I'd rather not see this compete for tenants with 175 Park and 350 Park, which I hope that crazy Steve Roth will build despite his delusion that the world wants to flock to the Penn Station area.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 8:32 PM
"Think about the Future"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I like this tower. However, I'd rather not see this compete for tenants with 175 Park and 350 Park, which I hope that crazy Steve Roth will build despite his delusion that the world wants to flock to the Penn Station area.
The foundation was actually built by the MTA over the 34th Street – Hudson Yards subway station as part of the 7 Subway extension project. A Moinian spokesman stated last year they would build on spec but still haven't touched the site.

When back in the City I'll take pics of that area when going to the Javits Center for a convention and a possible investment opportunity.

*The NYguy posted that a violation may be in place or a certification issue.

Then there's the Affirmation Tower directly next door that everyone is gathered around a table pondering what is it and should we give it the go ahead.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 15, 2023 at 4:33 AM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 6:38 PM
New Yorker for life

MARCH 26, 2023

All is quiet. I wonder which will get back to action sooner, this one or 2 WTC...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 4:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hopefully interest rates go down. Probably what's delaying or shelving a lot of projects at the moment, the tight lending and risk.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Hopefully interest rates go down. Probably what's delaying or shelving a lot of projects at the moment, the tight lending and risk.
That, and I also don’t believe this one will start without a tenant signing. I wonder if the delay will cause them to revert to the mixed-use tower.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 7:20 PM
Ex Houstonian

What in the world? They built the whole core first without adding floor plates? Is that common in NYC? Never really seen that done before I dont think.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
What in the world? They built the whole core first without adding floor plates? Is that common in NYC? Never really seen that done before I dont think.
That's a weird angle. It's a weird building. The floorplates have been built out on it but the facade has been slow or stalled. The concrete you see is the back of the building. The rest of the floorplates are facing the other direction.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 5:57 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

The Barclays Headquarters building, or One Churchill Place, in Canary Wharf, London, was built like that, with two separate cores - one secondary core being pencil-thin - rising 32 floors before the steel rose around them. Was quite a sight to watch go up.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
There’s a thread for that building.
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=215778

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 3:28 PM
New Yorker for life

https://nypost.com/2023/10/27/real-e...-in-manhattan/

Developers are betting on the future of NYC with huge new office towers

By Lois Weiss
Published Oct. 27, 2023

Quote:
...A joint project of Joseph Moinian and Boston Properties, 3 Hudson Blvd. is slated to have 1.85 million square feet spread over 56 stories.

The site, on West 34th Street, was held up for a decade as the MTA used it to stage construction of the 7 line extension, which now has entrances at its doorstep.

Trying to guess the market, Moinian was also ready to go with designs for either a residential or office tower. Now, the joint venture with Boston Properties has settled on the office design by FXCollaborative and Gensler.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/27/real-e...enters-market/

Deals on office space lure big companies back into NYC’s best towers

By Lois Weiss
Oct. 27, 2023

Quote:
.....the 500,000-square-foot-and-up, goliath-sized tenants need years of lead time, especially when considering towers that can’t start financing construction without their lease. “Large occupiers are taking a disciplined and mindful approach, and many will continue to be in the market as they explore strategies to bring people together,” said Savills’ David Goldstein.

One such large law firm, Davis Polk & Wardwell, spent years looking at options with broker Lewis Miller of CBRE, nearly anchoring the proposed 3 Hudson Blvd. in Hudson Yards.

In the end, Scott Rechler’s RXR retained the attorneys at 450 Lexington Ave. where they will expand by 30,000 square feet to occupy 710,000 square feet after a promise of $300 million in capital improvements.

Three Hudson Blvd. — a tower proposed by Joe Moinian and Boston Properties — is looking for an anchor tenant.

The law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell expanded to 710,000 square feet at 450 Lexington Ave.

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 27, 2023 at 3:47 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2023, 4:41 PM

not positive but i believe you can see this building rising to the left of ESB in this picture, correct me if I'm wrong

Old Posted Nov 7, 2023, 6:48 PM
"Think about the Future"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurk View Post
not positive but i believe you can see this building rising to the left of ESB in this picture, correct me if I'm wrong

That appears to be 262 Fifth Ave, this tower is on standby

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...2#post10075902

Old Posted Nov 8, 2023, 2:25 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPower View Post
That appears to be 262 Fifth Ave, this tower is on standby

Not too much of a loss, this tower got cut to 940' and is now a box if I'm not mistaken (last we heard).

Still a nice addition but I wonder if it'll ever happen. Must be a pain to hold onto the site that long and not build anything.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 2:47 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Three Hudson Boulevard Remains Stalled In Hudson Yards, Manhattan

Quote:
Continuing our Turkey Week rundown of on-hold projects in New York City is Three Hudson Boulevard, a planned 56-story office skyscraper in the Hudson Yards district. Designed by FXCollaborative and developed by Boston Properties and The Moinian Group, the $3 billion project was planned to rise 940 feet tall and yield 1.86 million square feet of office space, but has been stalled since early 2020. The property occupies a full city block bound by West 35th Street to the north, West 34th Street to the south, Bella Abzug Park to the east, and Eleventh Avenue to the west.

Recent photos show the reinforced concrete foundations built to street level, with the stunted core walls at the center of the lot enclosed beneath a protective layer of dark wooden boards. Construction fencing remains standing around the property’s perimeter, though all machinery has long since been removed.

No potential resumption date for Three Hudson Boulevard has been announced.
=================
NYY

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction