HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I would have preferred a ground up new building, especially one that incorporated a round corner to play off the elevated train curve into QBP, because I don't think the old Eagle factory is anything special at all aesthetically and it's a pretty big stretch to spend the likely extra cost to build over it than to just remove it. All that said though, if the decision to retain the old factory building is made I find it disappointing, but not entirely surprising, they're making zero effort to play off its' history as the Eagle Electric building. Aside from it's 'OPUS' signage in more or less the same location as the historic rooftop billboard, the branding has absolutely nothing to do with the heritage of the building. Opus? How about "The Eagle"? "Current"? "Amp LIC"? Watt Tower? Anything fun and homage making to the site. The lack of creativity is depressing.
I don't disagree with what you wrote. The article noted they plan a 500 SQF space in the old warehouse that will feature the history of the building and Eagle Electric.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals