HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jul 10, 2022, 12:13 AM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
Greenville, SC: New Dimensions of Boob Sweat

My husband's and my anniversary was July 2nd, and to celebrate we've been eating our way across town this month. This includes trying some new places and so tonight we headed downtown. Then, after enjoying our dinner we went for a walk. It turned out to be a brief walk because it was 84F with a real feel of 96F, what from the humidity. Our conversation as we walked centered on the fact that it was indeed hot, we were indeed hot, he was sweaty, I was sweaty, we were sweating through our shirts, and that we were experiencing a phenomenon usually reserved for women called "boob sweat," in which sweat collects in reservoirs in every crevice and fold, sometimes pouring forth suddenly if you move just wrong. Which we did several times. Once, my husband was leaning on a lamp post as I took a photo, and slipped off the post due to running sweat.

Anyway, it was a quick and dirty run around downtown after a nice dinner.

"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 6:26 PM
Me?!?

Wonderful titty sweat

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 10:51 AM
A gruff individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Wonderful titty sweat
Why, thank you. As soon as the climate is fit for human habitation again (probably by late October), I hope to get out and do a good photo thread for this year.
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 6:14 PM
E pluribus unum

Living in Arizona, anything over 20% humidity becomes intolerable but Greenville looks like its got a decent set of urban bones

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 10:13 AM
A gruff individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Living in Arizona, anything over 20% humidity becomes intolerable but Greenville looks like its got a decent set of urban bones
The humidity here as I type this right now is 96%. It's supposed to be 88F today also, for what it's worth.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 8:23 PM
Great White Norf

always appreciate your photo tours (and commentary w/usually music component) hhnc

Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 11:27 AM
A gruff individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
always appreciate your photo tours (and commentary w/usually music component) hhnc
Thank you! And I also thank you for noticing the music... I just figured there weren't really enough photos from this to make it worth it. I hope to do a really good photo thread sometime later this year, and if so I'll make sure to include some music for you.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 11:44 PM

The lynching historical sign is quite interesting!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 11:25 AM
A gruff individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
The lynching historical sign is quite interesting!
Here's a link to the article mentioned on the sign:

Opera in Greenville

Old Posted Jul 28, 2022, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
The humidity here as I type this right now is 96%. It's supposed to be 88F today also, for what it's worth.
My best friend from growing up in Arizona relatively recently moved to Greenville, and I know it has been an adjustment for him and his family. But it's been a dream for me getting to go visit each year in October. Great city!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2022, 12:24 PM
A gruff individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
My best friend from growing up in Arizona relatively recently moved to Greenville, and I know it has been an adjustment for him and his family. But it's been a dream for me getting to go visit each year in October. Great city!
September is when the humidity starts to drop, and October is when the humidity and the temperature both drop. It's usually a good time of the year to be here.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 4:39 AM
Red October standing by

happy anniversary.

it's been unseasonally nice in the pee dee this past week. but before that:

Video Link

-

-fflint

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos