HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

“As he explained, those losses are significant. “We have included the expected full-year impact of Motional’s losses in our current outlook: a non-cash equity loss of approximately $340 million or $1.20 of earnings per share.””
https://www.iotworldtoday.com/transp...cker-pulls-out

Old Posted Today, 2:50 AM

My main objection to the Beltline in general is that it fails badly the basic requirement of safely facilitating movement of its users today. It’s madness mixing bikes, scooters, people walking dogs, strollers, drunk people, runners, kids, and everybody else in a very insufficiently narrow path. This would not fly in the European cities we are trying so hard to emulate—they have dedicated bike lanes on sidewalks a hundredth as crowded as the Beltline.

This needs to be fixed really, really badly.

Old Posted Today, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Looks like the Beltline could get EV autonomous pods kinda like the Hopper at Truist Park instead of Streetcar. I brought this up a few weeks ago and kinda got a little public stoning. As I said I understand the "romanticism" of rail but autonomous is sooooo much cheeper, easer and way more flexible and could be installed all the way around. Plus as tech improves could be used to assess any point on Beltline form any point in the city.

OT: Today I drove Full Self Driving from Ansley Mall parking lot down Monroe to North and across to GA Tech/Techwood, meandered through campus with all the construction, peds and VRUs, came out on Hemphill on 10th to State St and back home in Atlantic Station without a single disengagement. Autonomous driving is getting close.

https://www.masstransitmag.com/alt-m...g-the-beltline
If these autonomous vehicles could hover and travel in the air, I could accept it. But setting up a dedicated lane for them to travel back and forth alongside Beltline, I'm sorry, I can't accept that!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta