HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Of course it's a stark difference, SEPA is the behemoth of the state and even the country population-wise. Dauphin Co. doesn't even have 300K people in it and is home to a small, poor city so of course there are going to be less million dollar home sales. But if there are 187 millionaires in Dauphin Co. and 100 of them shop at KOP regularly, how would I be overstating the wealth there and that is being drawn?

But it looks like we are all in agreement on the main point now.
Yes, we're in agreement. I definitely misread your initial comment, which is why I apologized. I'm sorry, haha! It sounded to me like you were implying that KOP does so well because of people to the North and West. I see now that you meant this is a bonus adding to people in the region. However, one could say KOP is a success because of bonus people added to the North, West, South and East, LOL. Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg/Lancster, South Jersey and Northern Delaware.

Quote:
Yes basic math: far more people so the chance for far more millionaires.
Yes and no. On a percentage basis, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Berks have a greater share of millionares and $200K+ income households. The numbers aren't really close at all. Philadelphia is about on par with York and Dauphin counties. Lehigh, Northampton, Lancaster, Berks and Cumberland are slightly ahead on a percentage basis though. Funny though... I bet if you asked someome from Dauphin or York counties, they would say Philadelphia is a poor hellhole.

Percentage of Millionares
Lehigh - 0.08%
Northampton - 0.07%
Lancaster - 0.08%
York - 0.05%
Dauphin - 0.06%
Cumberland - 0.08%
Berks - 0.06%

Delaware - 0.22%
Chester - 0.32%
Montgomery - 0.32%
Bucks - 0.17%
Philadelphia - 0.05%

Percentage of $200K+ income households
Lehigh - 9%
Northampton - 9%
Lancaster - 8%
York - 6%
Dauphin - 6%
Cumberland - 7%
Berks - 8%

Delaware - 15%
Chester - 22%
Montgomery - 19%
Bucks - 17%
Philadelphia - 6%

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 8:23 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Yes, we're in agreement. I definitely misread your initial comment, which is why I apologized. I'm sorry, haha! It sounded to me like you were implying that KOP does so well because of people to the North and West. I see now that you meant this is a bonus adding to people in the region. However, one could say KOP is a success because of bonus people added to the North, West, South and East, LOL. Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg/Lancster, South Jersey and Northern Delaware.
No worries and good discussion regardless! Ha ha for sure but from what I have seen there does seem to be a stronger draw from the north and west and it's a regular destination vs what may be coming from the east/south, probably because there are competing options east/south vs maybe not so much west/north (and maybe west/northwest would be more accurate).

Quote:
Yes and no. On a percentage basis, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Berks have a greater share of millionares and $200K+ income households. The numbers aren't really close at all. Philadelphia is about on par with York and Dauphin counties. Lehigh, Northampton, Lancaster, Berks and Cumberland are slightly ahead on a percentage basis though. Funny though... I bet if you asked someome from Dauphin or York counties, they would say Philadelphia is a poor hellhole.

Percentage of Millionares
Lehigh - 0.08%
Northampton - 0.07%
Lancaster - 0.08%
York - 0.05%
Dauphin - 0.06%
Cumberland - 0.08%
Berks - 0.06%

Delaware - 0.22%
Chester - 0.32%
Montgomery - 0.32%
Bucks - 0.17%
Philadelphia - 0.05%

Percentage of $200K+ income households
Lehigh - 9%
Northampton - 9%
Lancaster - 8%
York - 6%
Dauphin - 6%
Cumberland - 7%
Berks - 8%

Delaware - 15%
Chester - 22%
Montgomery - 19%
Bucks - 17%
Philadelphia - 6%
Yes, as you don't have the same type of jobs and/or salaries in South Central PA.

Last edited by EastSideHBG; Apr 19, 2023 at 1:52 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 12:31 AM

Wilmington - Lower Market Street

As mentioned on the prior page - new residential development for Market Street, Wilmington at 317 N. Market was presented and approved tonight.

This is a new BPG project, and DIGSAU is the architectural firm. 61 units spread across one building of varying heights of 4-6 floors.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Most Millionares

Lehigh - 318
Northampton - 223
Lancaster - 458
York - 247
Dauphin - 187
Cumberland - 224
Berks - 275

Delaware - 1,235
Chester - 1,745
Montgomery - 2,746
Bucks - 1,375
Philadelphia - 775
I’d love to know how this is computed. There are more than 775 millionaires in zip code 19106 alone.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 4:47 PM

Avelo Airlines Wilmington Airport (ILG) Expansion

Avelo must be doing well at Wilmington Airport (ILG) because they just announced 9 new routes out of ILG, almost tripling the amount of routes from 5 to 14!

The new routes are:
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC (GSP)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR)
Nashville, TN (BNA)
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Wilmington, NC (ILM)

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 6:34 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post

Avelo must be doing well at Wilmington Airport (ILG) because they just announced 9 new routes out of ILG, almost tripling the amount of routes from 5 to 14!

The new routes are:
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC (GSP)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR)
Nashville, TN (BNA)
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Wilmington, NC (ILM)
They just passed 10,000 Flights at Wilmington Airport which means they qualify for Fed Funding. Great news & shows the Metro Growing in a good way.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 6:54 PM

I flew on Avelo from New Haven - BWI on Monday morning. My ticket was $13 ($29 with taxes). The entire flight couldn't have been easier. I would think the passenger experience is probably similar out of Wilmington, DE.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Also not a perfect metric as real estate values can vary per region, but to help show the complete wealth disparity amongst these counties, here are the $1M+ dollar homes sales in the past 365 days:

Lehigh County - 15
Northampton County - 20
Lancaster County - 45
York County - 15
Dauphin County - 23
Cumberland County - 31
Berks Coutny - 20

Delaware County - 397
Chester County - 465
Bucks County - 436
Philadelphia County - 464
Montgomery County - 524

For good measure, here's the other counties in the Philadelphia Metro Area:

New Castle, DE - 90
Burlington, NJ - 85
Camden, NJ - 57
Gloucester, NJ - 7
Salem, NJ - 3
Thank you for putting this together. Super informative and would be interesting to track over time. Delco overperforming relative to where'd I'd expect it to be and Bucks underperforming.

Long term, I think Delaware County is going to be the most fully developed and expensive suburban county in the region. It's just too central and accessible to Philadelphia, Wilmington, KOP, Chesterbrook/Malvern, the airport, and transit not to be.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
I flew on Avelo from New Haven - BWI on Monday morning. My ticket was $13 ($29 with taxes). The entire flight couldn't have been easier. I would think the passenger experience is probably similar out of Wilmington, DE.
I can only wonder how much it would cost rom ILG to Ft Lauderdale. If it's that low just to travel to BWI from New Haven, just imagine how much money I could save just of a trip to FL! How was the seating and was the trip safe?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I can only wonder how much it would cost rom ILG to Ft Lauderdale. If it's that low just to travel to BWI from New Haven, just imagine how much money I could save just of a trip to FL! How was the seating and was the trip safe?
The airline is absolutely safe-- no issues with safety.

The seating was the standard 737 three per row on each side of the aisle. I had a 50 minute flight, so I couldn't have cared less which seat I had. Avelo is an Ultra Low Cost Carrier, so they charge for carry-on bags (you can bring one personal item to stow under the seat in front of you). I returned the next day, so I just brought my laptop and one change of clothes.

If you are interested in flying Avelo, register to get on their email list, as they often have sales of 50% off.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 1:31 AM

Cant quite find the article right now, but another potential Apartment project of Upper Dublin, The "Luxor" if renderings still hold true, its gonna have mostly ground floor parking, so sadly no mixed use, but it'll bring 200 or so apartments to a currently vacant, asphalt/weed covered lot

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
Cant quite find the article right now, but another potential Apartment project of Upper Dublin, The "Luxor" if renderings still hold true, its gonna have mostly ground floor parking, so sadly no mixed use, but it'll bring 200 or so apartments to a currently vacant, asphalt/weed covered lot
Proposed 225-unit apartment community in Fort Washington seeking conditional use approval from Upper Dublin

Basically a copy-paste of their project in Phoenixville. Good use, forgettable but understandably utilitarian design. If you want to get a sense of what it will look like in person here is the street view of their Phoenixville project.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 2:26 AM

^That Developer is building basically the same thing on the Wilmington Riverfront too. These “Luxor’s” are popping up all over.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
^That Developer is building basically the same thing on the Wilmington Riverfront too. These “Luxor’s” are popping up all over.
Yep, Westrum has been fairly aggressive building in the Philly suburbs over the last decade, tweaking the same basic design case-by-case and churning these out. I don't doubt that these are profitable.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 1:41 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Yep, Westrum has been fairly aggressive building in the Philly suburbs over the last decade, tweaking the same basic design case-by-case and churning these out. I don't doubt that these are profitable.
And not a brick in sight! Tree house quality buildings with $2k/month rents are making Westrum a fortune. Would it hurt the bottom line to invest a little bit more in the design/quality?

Good density, even though they do little or nothing to activate or enhance the street experience.

While on the topic, a dense suburban project I like is West End Flats in Media. Media needs another apartment building downtown, West End Flats completed 5 years ago.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9179...7i16384!8i8192

Chestnut Square in West Chester is also nice.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9618...7i16384!8i8192

Anyways, the region needs more West End Flats and less Luxors.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Apr 25, 2023 at 1:52 PM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
And not a brick in sight! Tree house quality buildings with $2k/month rents are making Westrum a fortune. Would it hurt the bottom line to invest a little bit more in the design/quality?

Good density, even though they do little or nothing to activate or enhance the street experience.

While on the topic, a dense suburban project I like is West End Flats in Media. Media needs another apartment building downtown, West End Flats completed 5 years ago.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9179...7i16384!8i8192

Chestnut Square in West Chester is also nice.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9618...7i16384!8i8192

Anyways, the region needs more West End Flats and less Luxors.
Great examples.

It's fantastic when new development can be integrated into the existing historic commercial fabric in suburban settings.

Phoenixville has an awesome "before and after" example on the power of well-designed, street-activating infill:

Bridge Street in 2012: https://goo.gl/maps/6H3qMVphxeZfAHef9

Bridge Street in 2021: https://goo.gl/maps/RVhJRRvizGzEV4ieA

Malvern, too:

King Street in 2007: https://goo.gl/maps/e5qjgHZFso889Uqt9

King Street in 2021: https://goo.gl/maps/eA1V3n42h3VcYBGQ6

More of this please!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 11:48 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Just like there are The Pointe at (Insert Town Name Here) all over the 202/30 Bypass Corridor from KOP to Downingtown.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 1:20 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
Great examples.

It's fantastic when new development can be integrated into the existing historic commercial fabric in suburban settings.

Phoenixville has an awesome "before and after" example on the power of well-designed, street-activating infill:

Bridge Street in 2012: https://goo.gl/maps/6H3qMVphxeZfAHef9

Bridge Street in 2021: https://goo.gl/maps/RVhJRRvizGzEV4ieA

Malvern, too:

King Street in 2007: https://goo.gl/maps/e5qjgHZFso889Uqt9

King Street in 2021: https://goo.gl/maps/eA1V3n42h3VcYBGQ6

More of this please!
That stretch of King Street in Malvern has come a long way. That curve heading East gives me cute New England vibes. I've been to the Malvern Buttery once too, it was a nice café.

But yes, these examples are what I love to see in dense suburban towns.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 11:26 PM

When I moved out of Malvern a year ago, I saw a steel framed building going up near the Wawa. Does anyone know what that is now?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 1:48 PM
Chris

Great that Shapiro gets it.

'We have it all': Shapiro touts life sciences as key economic driver during Bucks County biotech visit
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...r-funding.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations