HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 4:04 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 1:09 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 2:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
This is an AWESOME pano NYguy! Nice!! Can you please post it on the Skyline (pics) thread as well? This one should blow all of those others out of the water

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 6:44 PM

I really like that triangular building in Manhattan. Anybody know what it is called?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabaw View Post
I really like that triangular building in Manhattan. Anybody know what it is called?
That´s from BIG, itś called VIA 57 West.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2021, 2:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleonzo View Post
This is an AWESOME pano NYguy! Nice!! Can you please post it on the Skyline (pics) thread as well? This one should blow all of those others out of the water

I believe it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXL-ZnlOtl5/

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 7:11 PM
Dryer lint inspector

This is really the only super skinny one that I like mostly because of the massing rather than just straight up and down. Though 432 looks great up close.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Idk this unit it kinda underwhelming. Dont get me wrong the view is incredible but something about the layout and decor of the unit is just kinda... eh? Id want something a little more.... impressive? for 38 mil.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Idk this unit it kinda underwhelming. Dont get me wrong the view is incredible but something about the layout and decor of the unit is just kinda... eh? Id want something a little more.... impressive? for 38 mil.
For 38 mil I'd have to design, or at least help design my unit. Then again if I super rich I'd just have my own building lol.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 7:38 PM

That apartment certainly is not my taste, but I'm sure there's a rich buyer out there somewhere who just wants to move in and not deal with a multi-year mutli-million dollar renovation and furnishing project.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 6:49 PM

"I believe it is....."
___________________________________________-

Great! Thanks!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 5:30 PM

My latest video from yesterday here in Rockaway: BY NYCSCRAPERS2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm15ZifRcbg

Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 4:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 20, 2021, 8:41 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Got any new pics from Central Park Tower?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 3:44 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 2:44 PM

Quote:
I wish someone had shot a panorama from this perspective in 2011, so we could compare it with this stunning photo side by side. No one could have predicted how much the city's skyline would be transformed in just a decade.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 6:54 PM
New Yorker for life

^ There probably is one around somewhere.

Meanwhile, CPT is starting to make its debut among the city’s elite, ranking in the top 10…

https://therealdeal.com/2021/12/21/i...s-led-the-way/

In a banner year for NYC’s luxury market, these 10 priciest sales led the way
At $157M, a condo at 220 Central Park South again topped the list — but this year, it had company

Dec. 21, 2021
By Cordilia James

Quote:
7. 217 West 57th Street, Unit 53 | $50 million

Speaking of price chops, this one was a doozy. A sponsor unit at Gary Barnett’s Central Park Tower sold for nearly 50 percent below its original asking price in September, but a spokesperson for Barnett’s firm, Extell Development, was “not unhappy” with that outcome — after all, it still cracked the year’s top 10 priciest sales. Boasting a 2,000-square foot terrace and outdoor pool, the four-bedroom residence was once the building’s pricest listing, but has since been upstaged by an 11,500-square-foot duplex way up on the tower’s 127th and 128th floors. That one’s asking a modest $150 million.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 1:09 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
I wish someone had shot a panorama from this perspective in 2011, so we could compare it with this stunning photo side by side. No one could have predicted how much the city's skyline would be transformed in just a decade.
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ne...nna/index.html

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 4:46 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ales-year-ever

Luxury Real Estate Trends From New York’s Best Sales Year Ever
Record contracts. Record volume. And record sizes.

Quote:
In case anyone was still worried about New York City being “over,” the news of its best-ever year in luxury home sales should put that concern permanently to rest.

Of the 1,877 contracts signed at $4 million and above, a staggering 400 were signed for properties asking $10 million or more, according to data compiled by Donna Olshan, president of the real estate broker Olshan Realty. “This has gone beyond the golden years of new development in 2013 and 2014 and 2015,” she says.

Olshan assembled a conditional list for Bloomberg of the 10 most expensive contracts signed—conditional, she says, because additional sales could emerge as the year draws to a close, and even after. “There are always going to be sales that aren’t reported, and they’re not in the database,” she explains.

Of the known sales to date, several clear trends have emerged.

- Including a penthouse sale at 1165 Madison that went into contract but hasn’t closed yet, nine of the top 10 sales listed by Olshan were located north of 57th street. “We don’t usually see that,” she says. “Usually this list is downtown-loaded.” In 2021, however, “uptown ruled the day.”

Chalk it up to the boom in new condos designed to look like old co-ops: The Robert AM Stern Architects (Ramsa)-designed 220 Central Park South occupied three of the top slots.

- For all the lofty prices of the Top 10 sales, several of the listings had to take significant price cuts before they sold.

The biggest price cut was reserved for a condo in the troubled Central Park Tower on West 57th Street, which initially carried a price tag of $95 million. (It’s No. 9 on the top 10 list.) The price was slashed 47% before it sold for $50 million, or $6,265 a square foot.

Epstein’s former house had a similar price trajectory: It sank from an ask of $88 million to one of $65 million. Its final price, at $51 million, was the bargain of the group, making the price per square foot a mere $1,821.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive