HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 3:42 AM

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 5:20 PM

So looks like the podium(?) is completed and they are now working on the condo/apartment floors. This is coming along pretty quick. Will be done and occupied before that poor Baydo project on 25th gets above ground! lol

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 7:45 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
So looks like the podium(?) is completed and they are now working on the condo/apartment floors. This is coming along pretty quick. Will be done and occupied before that poor Baydo project on 25th gets above ground! lol
That's a poor comparison considering this building does not have any parking below-grade.

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerHaight View Post
That's a poor comparison considering this building does not have any parking below-grade.
I don't really think it's a comparison, rather simply a question. Depending on one's definition of "above ground", parts of the Baydo building are already above ground. Mind you, the vast majority of the below grade work is yet to be completed, so "above ground" is a tough milestone to gauge in this case.

I think the real comparison is between a reputable builder like Wright Construction constructing a conventional cast-in-place tower and developer/builder like Baydo undertaking a "unique" structure that leaves most people uncertain about what's going to happen next.

Old Posted May 15, 2022, 2:14 PM

thanks! good to see progress

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 3:51 AM

I walked by this site today, and was really interested to see that they are going to be providing EV charging stations in the building... I have definitely been seeing more electric cars lately (it seems like a few Telas just popped up!) and this will be one step towards making EVs a bit more practical for their residents.

And thanks for Echoes for the pictures; I go by here multiple times a week but always on my bike and I rarely stop to take a closer look.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninipanini View Post
I walked by this site today, and was really interested to see that they are going to be providing EV charging stations in the building... I have definitely been seeing more electric cars lately (it seems like a few Telas just popped up!) and this will be one step towards making EVs a bit more practical for their residents.

And thanks for Echoes for the pictures; I go by here multiple times a week but always on my bike and I rarely stop to take a closer look.
There was a Tesla in my old 1960’s condo downtown - I think he just paid for the instal of the 240V to his underground parking spot. The odd thing is that our building’s electricity is included in condo fees, so who is paying for his energy - the whole building? I wouldn’t have doubted it/didn’t entirely care as having a Tesla with so many live cameras in the parkade both enhanced the visual appeal and the security of our parkade. Their live cameras are life changing for stopping crime in Saskatoon’s downtown.

Old Posted May 22, 2022, 1:38 PM

Photo's by me, not much of an update from the last picture posted but this is an update of the construction site as of now.

Last edited by CanadianDriverYXE; May 22, 2022 at 1:49 PM.

Old Posted May 22, 2022, 7:17 PM

interesting how it is narrower at the top because it isn't like that in the rendering. They will build it out more? I know nothing about construction.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 5:28 PM

Old Posted Jun 5, 2022, 3:33 AM

nice! soon to hit the skyline!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2022, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domthic View Post
interesting how it is narrower at the top because it isn't like that in the rendering. They will build it out more? I know nothing about construction.
It is pretty much just the way the rendering portrayed. The lower commercial & parking levels (without the balconies) have a larger footprint than the upper residential units.

Last edited by canuck10; Jun 6, 2022 at 4:02 AM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2022, 6:34 PM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 4:14 AM

Great photos. Can't wait to see the added vibrancy these Broadway projects bring to the area. With Meridian (to a lesser extent), Baydo, and now this project, density is really starting to take shape around the neighbourhood. Now imagine all of this plus Urban Capital coming back to the table and the proposed towers down the street...

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 12:17 PM

less than 2 weeks a floor now~ should top out end of August? i see 14 f not 15... why is it 15 floors official but only 14 on render? was there a pushback cut or did they add one that's not in the picture?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2022, 1:51 PM

Update
Pictures by me

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 5:30 AM

great shots! broadway's gonna love the extra business. wish i could afford the rent- I'd move to that hood!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 3:03 PM

Just curious...does anyone even know yet what the rent will be for this build? What are the rents for the Baydo building on Broadway. It seems like occupancy is already pretty good in there just from seeing lights on at night...lol.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 2:43 PM

Update, when I am driving on Circle Drive I always look at it to see if its gotten taller everyday lol it's a nice addition to our skyline.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2022, 6:39 PM

Update

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan