HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 6:57 PM
Me?!?

/\
Phoenixville has been blowing me away lately and I have been looking at real estate out that way, I love that whole area along with Malvern, Exton, etc.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 10:25 PM

Charlestown and Kimberton outside town have some of the most beautiful countryside too. Great to see the focus directed in town instead of sprawling suburbs

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:10 AM

Wilmington

Incyte's science/lab building with skybridge continues:

You can see the Center City skyline from Fox Point State Park in Delaware at ground level - this might be some sort of optical illusion, but it is visible. I've seen the Center City skyline from the top of buildings in Wilmington, and the Delaware Memorial Bridge (elevated), but not from standing on my own two feet in Delaware.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:22 PM

^^ ive never seen that before, i mean it could happen easily and we just never pay attention, or it could be light refraction, it happened with chicago a while back, you could see the skyline across the lake. I know you can see the skyline from 30+ miles away, cause at night you can see CITC spire from the willow grove airbase, and if you get higher up you can see both comcast towers and liberty

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:56 PM
build awesome buildings

^this could be a superior mirage - it happens when air temps are inverted and it can make things in the distance appear “higher” than they actually are. this would maybe make sense given that you can’t normally see it from there.

definitely worth a quick google to have your mind blown a bit.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:57 PM

I can confirm that you can see downtown Philadelphia from the Delaware Memorial Bridge and I've seen it from Fox Point in Delaware as well as on I-495. Often when you are near Fox Point or I-495 at night you can see downtown Philadelphia behind the refinery lights and the Commodore Barry Bridge.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 4:54 PM
Future World Dictator

I don't think that's really an optical illusion, I think it's just that the land between that park and Center City is extremely flat and there's nothing really in the way, just the airport and the refinery really.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
I don't think that's really an optical illusion, I think it's just that the land between that park and Center City is extremely flat and there's nothing really in the way, just the airport and the refinery really.
Yeah, I think you are right--flat and nothing to block the view. It's still wild to me, this is about 20-21 miles away on a straight path, not quite as far as I thought.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 7:41 PM

I agree with the comments - you definitely have a view of the skyline from Fox Point park off I-495 in Delaware. The Commodore Barry is really the only thing that keeps it from being perfectly clear. The way the Delaware River curves, the first 8 miles (from the park to the bridge) are across open water with no obstructions.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 8:56 PM

You can see Philly even further south than that. I’ve seen it more than once from old New Castle right along the Delaware.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad9 View Post
You can see Philly even further south than that. I’ve seen it more than once from old New Castle right along the Delaware.
I've also seen it from the DE-1 bridge over the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal!

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 12:35 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Whats interesting is that I also started noticing you can see CC during the day and at night especially.

Were trees cut down? or a building destroyed? because I the only time I saw it before was on the Commodore Barry or the Delaware Memorial

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 11:58 AM

Wilmington (The Highlands, Alapocas Run State Park)

Leaving where I left off ... the blue building is Incyte's over looking the Brandywine. But the foreground is Capano's The Falls, which already has some first residents moved in (although the whole complex is not yet completed). Over 340 units in total.

The McMansion townhouses above "The Falls" have almost all been sold. I saw one was on the market right now for 850K. There are about 35 of them up there. The fronts have that faux-stone cladding, they are real masterpieces of the McMansion style!

Building #2:

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 2:21 PM
Philly Rising Up!

it's a neat location, but I'm not crazy about the boxy design with what looks like haphazard design elements.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 2:50 PM

Great setting, shitty construction materials

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Great setting, shitty construction materials
Totally agree, the setting deserved a much better building. It is possible to build something interesting in Wilmington--case in point, BPG's collaboration with Philly's DIGSAU on The Cooper, which is seeing its first residents move in now. 92 units in total. The rates are very similar to new luxury apartments in Philly--which again makes me question why zero Philly developers have tapped into the Wilmington market (yo Post Bros, can I get a finder's fee?!). BPG's and Capano's downtown and Riverfront luxury apartments all seem to be at 90-95% leased, and hundreds are being added every year (101 DuPont - DuPont Building; Crosby Hill tower; and Avenue of the Arts - phase 2), so I don't believe oversaturation is an issue. Wilmington is an odd town though, where a few big fishes have always ruled this small pond--the DuPonts, MBNA/credit card industry, to today--with BPG and Capano dominating the residential market.

Here's The Cooper - King Street side:

Central courtyard

Market Street side

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 2:13 PM
Chris

Sorry ignore / delete.

I shared article in Lowrise / General Thread.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 5:09 PM

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Wow, interesting to see places like Austin, New York, and DC which are considered major tech hubs (and everyone raves about) to be declining here. I guess it's mainly the lower cost of living of the areas that are growing (Except Los Angeles, which I'm surprised it's growing when Chicago which is a much cheaper (and much better city imo) is shrinking). I'm also surprised by how much growth there is in Miami given it's the most vulnerable place in the country to climate change.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 11:24 PM
Me?!?

Update on the proposal for 21 condos at East Elm and Poplar streets in Conshohocken

The developer is proposing to construct 21, two-bedroom townhomes. The property includes what was once a train station (you can see elements of this inside Prime Intensity Training, which currently operates on a portion of the property). The developer plans to incorporate these features into the plan for the community.

https://morethanthecurve.com/update-...-conshohocken/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations