HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 1, 2008, 7:35 PM

Flint development news

I thought I would start a thread for all of the development news from Flint, since many on this forum have at least a passing interest in what is happening there, but may not keep current on the news.

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/in...ale_of_fl.html

Talks continuing on sale of Flint's Character Inn
by Ron Fonger | The Flint Journal
Monday March 31, 2008, 6:30 PM

FLINT, MICHIGAN -- The Crim Fitness Foundation's offer to buy the Character Inn remains in limbo but there's a change in tone from the owner of the former Hyatt Regency Hotel.

Bill Gothard, president and founder of the Illinois-based institute in Basic Life Principles, said today that there could be news -- good news -- about the hotel in a matter of days.

Gothard initially said he was disappointed by an undisclosed offer to purchase the building from the Crim, but today he said he was "hopeful."

The Institute has been attempting to sell the property since 2005. It has not revealed an asking price.

Phil Shaltz, a Crim board member and partner with Uptown Developments, said the foundation and the institute have agreed to speak again by April 10.

"They've thrown out numbers, (and) we've thrown out numbers," Shaltz said. "We are countering each other. We're in the dating stage."

The Crim Foundation has been cautious in discussing its plans for the 16-story building while it negotiates the purchase.

"I don't know anything that is a huge stumbling block at this point," Shaltz said."

For those who don't know, it's this building:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest