HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 12:11 PM
BANNED

Cities with the richest people

https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/new-yo...on-the-planet/

"....A new study titled, “Spotlight on the World’s Leading Markets for the Wealthy: Residential Real Estate 2021,” found that 24,660 members of the $30 million and higher net worth group had either a primary or secondary residence in New York as of December 2020.

Coming in second, according to the report, was Los Angeles, which is home to 16,295 such people. LA was followed by London ( with 14,485 ultra-high-net-worth residents), Hong Kong (14,235) and Paris (7,035.)."

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:09 PM

LA having more mega wealthy than London surprises me. I would have imagined NY and London to be head and shoulders above the rest, due to being the financial capitals of the world.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:33 PM

I'm not surprised. LA has a ton of wealth and is a bigger, richer metro than London.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 11:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I'm not surprised. LA has a ton of wealth and is a bigger, richer metro than London.
I’m not surprised either. Also, London’s status as a financial capital has plunged and with its decline, foreign money is fleeing.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I’m not surprised either. Also, London’s status as a financial capital has plunged and with its decline, foreign money is fleeing.
Maybe we'll see an influx of wealthy Brits in our cities?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 9:26 AM

From the study in the article :

Second-home destinations are dominated by cities in the ‘West’ – London has one of the highest shares of UHNW secondary homes, but away from the global cities, Miami leads the rest of real estate markets.

https://www.wealthx.com/report/resid...l-estate-2021/

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
Maybe we'll see an influx of wealthy Brits in our cities?
No problem. Here, take this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II

I bet even the regular English citizens would gladly leave it to you, after all.

We will take your sexy poor girls instead.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:29 PM
Dryer lint inspector

LA has celebrities, influencers and a lot of new money. Plus it is a magnet for entrepreneurs.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
From the study in the article :

Second-home destinations are dominated by cities in the ‘West’ – London has one of the highest shares of UHNW secondary homes, but away from the global cities, Miami leads the rest of real estate markets.

https://www.wealthx.com/report/resid...l-estate-2021/
South Florida is BOOMING right now!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
No problem. Here, take this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II

I bet even the regular English citizens would gladly leave it to you, after all.
No thanks, you queen loving degenerates can keep her.

However, we will gladly take fashionable princess-dominatrix Meghan and His Royal Simpness Harry off your hands.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 7:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some of the homes in Aspen, insane the costs. That's not just rich, that's using money as toilet paper rich. A different class of rich when they can buy homes 20-40 million and its nothing to them.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 7:05 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
No thanks, you queen loving degenerates can keep her.
Dude, you're speaking to a Frenchman, huh.
Do you know what France is? We've been fighting for over 200 years against that kind of bullshit.
That is our fight for the Republic.

And we are not the ones to have weird establishment dynasties in top politics, like the Bushes or the Clintons.
Our current prez is 43, way younger than yours, and came out of nowhere.
He is a product of genuine meritocracy, right? I'm not claiming he would be perfect. He is sometimes awkward and inexperienced, but at least, he is someone new.

Quote:
However, we will gladly take fashionable princess-dominatrix Meghan and His Royal Simpness Harry off your hands.
Bwa ha ha ! Well, I'll leave those to you too. I don't care, Idk who they are.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:02 PM

lol I agree with you. I fear that American political leadership is ossifying into a permanent ruling class. It's certainly looking that way. I never want to see another Bush or Clinton or Trump running for office ever again.

For the Republic!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 12:27 PM
BANNED

New York is simply amazing!!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
New York is simply amazing!!
Do you mean the city in the Southern portion of New York state?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 1:59 PM

Recently, we've lost Olivier Dassault who died in a stupid helicopter crash.
It's a bit of an ironical and sorry way to die for the billionaire grandson of a brilliant engineer, Marcel Dassault, born Marcel Bloch, a French Jew who had to convert to Roman Catholicism and change his Jewish name into Dassault, so he would get more appreciation by the French establishment of his time.
Marcel started a famous company exclusively specialized in aeronautics.
I'm not much in billionaire dynasties, but I'll admit I'm a bit sorry about the loss, because Olivier was the last significant member of the Dassault family that's highly respected here in France, by anybody, no matter what political opinion.

You know, Dassault Aviation is the corporation that builds those beautiful business birds.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Falcon_8X

Their software branch Dassault Systèmes specialized in aerospace engineering is also renowned internationally.

The Dassaults are not your typical billionaire family acting as "exclusive" jerks, to show off their yachts or wealth.
They're known as simple guys close to the people, involved in French Conservative politics because they think the French left-wing is too anti-business, but always faithful to our country anyway.
They're not the kind of guys to scorn you. That's also why people have respect for them here.

I mean, Marcel and his son Serge were not just billionaires. They were true passionate engineers and gentle guys.
That makes a whole difference from your random sectarian billionaire.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 3:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What about Jacksonville? I would have thought it would be second, or at least third on the list, given its peerless skyline.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 9:02 PM

Quote:
lol I agree with you. I fear that American political leadership is ossifying into a permanent ruling class. It's certainly looking that way. I never want to see another Bush or Clinton or Trump running for office ever again.

For the Republic!
Have you looked at where the Kennedys have gone lately--they've become anti-vaxxers.

But we are developing a class of behind the scenes political string-pullers with names like Bezos, Koch, Adelson, Soros, Gates, Bloomberg and so on. These people (Bloomberg excepted) aren't running for office themselves but they may have more political power than those who do. Maybe they are the true "ruling class".

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Dassault Aviation is the corporation that builds those beautiful business birds.
Life's gotten complicated for Dassault and its companions:

Quote:
Business Jets Are Flying Again. Their Manufacturers Aren’t.
By Jon Sindreu
July 17, 2020 6:41 am ET

Can a business jet ever be too cool for school? Surprisingly, it might.

Private aviation has faced headwinds and tailwinds alike from the pandemic. Initially, the outbreak depressed demand and disrupted production, prompting plane makers to dismiss thousands of workers. Yet health concerns about commercial planes and airports also could inject new blood into the long-stagnant industry.

The number of business-jet flights is now only 15% lower than a year ago, following a strong rebound, compared with a 65% drop for commercial aircraft, according to data provider FlightAware.

Corporations aren’t rushing to sell their planes to raise cash, as they did in 2008. Aircraft available for sale made up 7.8% of the total fleet in July, compared with a one-year average of 7.7%, according to analysts at Jefferies. Brokers report that some firms are even looking to broaden private-jet use beyond C-suites into middle management.

But there’s a catch: It is likely that much of the prospective new demand won’t align well with the type of planes that manufacturers are churning out.

While private-aircraft sales stalled after the global financial crisis, Asia’s economic boom sparked a lot of interest in top-of-the-range private aircraft that could fly executives across continents. These are higher-margin products, and releasing a new model tends to create a jump in orders.

One example is the Falcon 6X, due to be released by French aerospace manufacturer Dassault Aviation in 2021. With a price tag of $47 million, it can carry 16 passengers as far as 6,300 miles. Competitor models include Bombardier’s Global 7500 and Gulfstream’s G650ER. These are planes for billionaires and the world’s 100 biggest companies.

This trend seems to have run its course. China’s growth is gradually slowing and its promise as a user of long-range jets was never truly fulfilled. After an increase in production to meet anticipated demand, many of the planes sold in the country were returned to the U.S. and Europe amid a shortage of proper facilities to operate and maintain them.

Manufacturers may ultimately need to entice more traditional clients who are a better fit for the midsize and super-midsize jet categories. These can fulfill almost all of a corporation’s needs and fly to smaller airports. There, though, development has stalled—Embraer’s Praetor 500, introduced in 2018, being the exception . . . .
https://www.wsj.com/articles/busines...4982514?page=1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions