HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1221  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 2:59 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 24,230
According to the T&T, MLA Greg Turner has hinted that the causeway closure could occur sooner than May 1st, allowing for an accelerated construction schedule. I have no additional info on this.

https://tj.news/story/101494820?ref=...AoMIHgMAOu8KSQ
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1222  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 3:15 PM
lirette lirette is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
According to the T&T, MLA Greg Turner has hinted that the causeway closure could occur sooner than May 1st, allowing for an accelerated construction schedule. I have no additional info on this.

https://tj.news/story/101494820?ref=...AoMIHgMAOu8KSQ
In theory it would seem that the sooner they started it the less disruption there will be. Morning commute times are almost nothing right now with federal workers at home and other offices like Blue Cross. In the summer months with school out traffic is also incredibly light. I can imagine most people will find the delays in the initial months to be manageable, with the biggest issues being parents who need to get their kids to school on time & be at work at a specific time (particularily retail workers).

When summer hits and school is out traffic is incredibly light in Riverview morning commutes. However as vaccines ramp up and the months go by more people will likely return to their offices (although im sure some will just remain remote)

I see the biggest concerns for traffic being September - November when almost all of our population will be vaccined and school will be back open. If they could finish a month earlier it will make a big difference.

I could be totally wrong, but as a morning commuter from Riverview for over 10 years this is how I feel it will play out.

They've been working late at night since early december so perhaps they are also ahead of schedule.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1223  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:18 PM
lirette lirette is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
In theory it would seem that the sooner they started it the less disruption there will be. Morning commute times are almost nothing right now with federal workers at home and other offices like Blue Cross. In the summer months with school out traffic is also incredibly light. I can imagine most people will find the delays in the initial months to be manageable, with the biggest issues being parents who need to get their kids to school on time & be at work at a specific time (particularily retail workers).

When summer hits and school is out traffic is incredibly light in Riverview morning commutes. However as vaccines ramp up and the months go by more people will likely return to their offices (although im sure some will just remain remote)

I see the biggest concerns for traffic being September - November when almost all of our population will be vaccined and school will be back open. If they could finish a month earlier it will make a big difference.

I could be totally wrong, but as a morning commuter from Riverview for over 10 years this is how I feel it will play out.

They've been working late at night since early december so perhaps they are also ahead of schedule.
Shane Magee of CBC (via twitter) is now confirming April 5th as the closure date for the causeway.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1224  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:08 PM
Good2go Good2go is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Depends on the time of day.
Posts: 331
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/n...1.02.0143.html


Six-month closure of Petitcodiac River causeway to start a month early
25 February 2021
RIVERVIEW (GNB) – The Petitcodiac River causeway between Moncton and Riverview will be closed for six months, starting April 5, and will reopen in October.

The closure is required to realign the river channel under the new bridge, as well as to decommission the existing gate structure and construct the approaches and bridge connections.

“As work on the project is progressing well, we are starting the causeway’s six-month full closure one month earlier than planned. It will reopen to traffic in October instead of November,” said Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Jill Green. “Given the situation surrounding COVID-19, we are taking advantage of the current low traffic flows to ensure minimal disruption. We understand the closure will have an impact, and we encourage residents to start planning their alternate routes and schedules.”

Traffic will be diverted to the Gunningsville Bridge while the causeway is closed. Signage will be in place.

“The department worked with its federal and municipal partners and stakeholders to ensure the date change did not impact related projects and initiatives,” said Green. “Restoring the Petitcodiac River has been a common goal for many years, and the new Petitcodiac Bridge will be a welcome improvement for many years to come.”

In 2018, the provincial government partnered with the Town of Riverview on a $1.9-million project to add lanes and upgrade the intersection at Route 114-Gunningsville Bridge/Gunningsville Boulevard. These upgrades were made to alleviate traffic congestion during the Petitcodiac bridge and channel construction.

The total cost of the project is $61.6 million, with the federal government contributing $27 million.

25-02-21
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1225  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:56 PM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
They're not doing anything on the Runnymead apartments. Looks like they are shut down for the winter on those buildings.
It does look that way. I imagine they'll get going on them again this spring. Pretty good location, so I don't imagine they'll have any trouble renting them. The rental market in the Moncton area is pretty hot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1226  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 12:52 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 24,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
There are multiple pieces of heavy equipment on the lot where The Tides apartment building will be built on Coverdale Rd. Site preparation is now underway.
Indeed. I drove by today and saw the excavators at work. It was snowing, so I didn't take any photos.

I presume we will see a tower crane for this project, but the size of the building is borderline, and they might be able to get by with a mini tower crane.

__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1227  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 2:19 PM
Sunnybrae's Avatar
Sunnybrae Sunnybrae is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
They're not doing anything on the Runnymead apartments. Looks like they are shut down for the winter on those buildings.
Of course I post that and now they are delivering load after load of lumber and materials so maybe they are starting up again after 2 months of no activity.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1228  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 2:54 PM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Of course I post that and now they are delivering load after load of lumber and materials so maybe they are starting up again after 2 months of no activity.
When MoeMar started renting out some of their townhouse style units a couple of years ago I think they got the itch to go into the rental market. I have a friend who works for them, and their plan is to build 8 apartment buildings in the Runnymeade area. It will take a few years of course, but we'll eventually see more density in that location. You would think that we'll see some commercial development along Hillsborough Rd. in this area. There's a lot of prime land that could be developed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1229  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 2:59 PM
tmacdougall tmacdougall is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 173
While agree that there will be some commercial development on Hillsborough road, the long-term plan for Riverview is divert ALL traffic up Bridgedale blvd. to Gunningsville Blvd. There would be more appeal to develop on east side of the blvd and the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
When MoeMar started renting out some of their townhouse style units a couple of years ago I think they got the itch to go into the rental market. I have a friend who works for them, and their plan is to build 8 apartment buildings in the Runnymeade area. It will take a few years of course, but we'll eventually see more density in that location. You would think that we'll see some commercial development along Hillsborough Rd. in this area. There's a lot of prime land that could be developed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1230  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 7:36 PM
Sunnybrae's Avatar
Sunnybrae Sunnybrae is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
While agree that there will be some commercial development on Hillsborough road, the long-term plan for Riverview is divert ALL traffic up Bridgedale blvd. to Gunningsville Blvd. There would be more appeal to develop on east side of the blvd and the bridge.
Well it all depends on what way google maps sends ya!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1231  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 3:15 AM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,131
Drove by the Kensington Apartment construction site earlier today. They're still working on the first floor framing. Not a huge amount of progress since I was last by, it seems to be going at a snail's pace.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1232  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 3:25 AM
Photo1 Photo1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
According to the T&T, the town of Riverview will be proceeding with a plan for a new roundabout at the intersection of Pinewood and Pine Glen Road:


T&T photo

Speaking from personal experience, it can be difficult crossing Pinewood in this location due to traffic on Pine Glen, so this seems a worthwhile project.
Have to say that I really dislike the placement of the one at the entrance to Mill Creek park, went for the first time in a long time and that was a shock, it's practically on top of the entrance.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1233  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 3:34 AM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
Have to say that I really dislike the placement of the one at the entrance to Mill Creek park, went for the first time in a long time and that was a shock, it's practically on top of the entrance.
Same here. Also it's hard to see oncoming traffic from your left when the snow banks have built up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1234  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 4:40 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 24,230
Found on the Thrive Properties facebook page:



Site prep beginning for The Tides as noted in a post a little bit further up this page.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1235  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 11:42 AM
Sunnybrae's Avatar
Sunnybrae Sunnybrae is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 379
Crane going up on Runnymead at apartment site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1236  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 1:54 PM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Crane going up on Runnymead at apartment site.
That's 2 cranes now working at apartment sites in Riverview.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1237  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 11:24 PM
Mattyyy Mattyyy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 277
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1238  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 3:41 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 24,230


Informative website.

They give an occupancy date for The Current of late fall 2023. This seems awfully ambitious since they are talking about two 10 storey towers. They would be looking at a more rapid construction timeline than the one for St. Bernard Square.

Mind you, the two projects are not entirely comparable. St. Bernard Square is going to need considerable excavation since they are looking at a three level underground parking garage. The Current on the other hand is going to have two levels of above ground parking. This will be a big time saver right there! Also, I'm pretty sure that St. Bernard Square is going to go with reinforced concrete construction for the tower. If they choose a different method for The Current, say, structural steel for the two towers, this would also shorten up the construction time frame.

Amenities for The Current will include:

- A mix of two bedroom and one-bedroom apartments
- 9-foot ceilings
- Secure keyless entry
- In-suite laundry
- Indoor heated parking
- Heat pumps with Air Conditioning
- Extra Large windows
- Stainless steel appliances
- Solid surface countertops
- Large balconies
- On site fitness centre
- Spacious lounge with kitchen and large TV
- Large podium rooftop common terrace with BBQ
- Dedicated parcel delivery area
- Car wash station
- Dog wash station
- Pet friendly (some restrictions apply)
- Superior sound suppression
- Energy efficient construction
- Security cameras in common areas
- Professional onsite manager

__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1239  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 9:25 AM
NBNYer's Avatar
NBNYer NBNYer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moncton
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


Informative website.

They give an occupancy date for The Current of late fall 2023. This seems awfully ambitious since they are talking about two 10 storey towers. They would be looking at a more rapid construction timeline than the one for St. Bernard Square.

This must mean a fall 2021 start date, right? I can’t see this being a less than two year construction project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1240  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 11:25 AM
riverviewer's Avatar
riverviewer riverviewer is offline
Random Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mi'gma'gi
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
This must mean a fall 2021 start date, right? I can’t see this being a less than two year construction project.
or starting in spring 2021 to remove the Fire Hall and hammer in the pilings. Montgomery Ave is being rebuilt from Fairfax to Coverdale in 2022 so this is going to be a busy corner.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:42 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.