HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 12:21 PM

I was in DC earlier this week and stayed at the Cambria hotel in Buzzard Point. Here are a couple of photos of the development in Buzzard Point and the Navy Yard/Capitol Riverfront.

Here is the new Frederick Douglass bridge and the road improvements on South Capitol Street.

Here are a couple of photos of the Stacks mixed-use development immediately south of Audi Field.

1319 South Capitol Street. This development will have 320 residential units.

Here is a rendering from Urban Turf.

This is either the Parcel H or Parcel I development on N Street, SE, across from Nats Park.

Here is a photo of the development from the pedestrian bridge along the waterfront.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Amazon has money to burn. Also, consider all of the hyper-lavish new offices that Google, IBM, Facebook, Amazon, etc. are leasing in NY. I would not be surprised if Amazon leases at least 1 m sf in either the forthcoming 2 WTC or 15 Penn.
True. And with all the new housing planned around it in addition to what's there now, employees can just walk right over. It'll be a pleasure to get out the house and hang out at the plush office.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 8:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDevelopmentAddict View Post
True. And with all the new housing planned around it in addition to what's there now, employees can just walk right over. It'll be a pleasure to get out the house and hang out at the plush office.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
This is either the Parcel H or Parcel I development on N Street, SE, across from Nats Park.

That's Parcel I. This is how that shot will look when it's completed:

https://www.jdland.com/dc/yards-parceli.cfm

Parcel H is between Parcel I and Nats Park, and should break grown in a couple months:

https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...concept-112168

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...he-yards/18011

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 4:37 AM

Took a couple quick pics of Parcel I Navy Yard looking east:

Old Posted May 10, 2022, 9:59 PM

Urban Turf reports new sketches and updated plans for Parcels G1, G2, and Diamond Teague Park next to Nats Park:

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...ats-park/19630

Last edited by DCDevelopmentAddict; May 10, 2022 at 11:59 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 3:17 AM

Will be good to see that land just east of the ballpark finally redeveloped.

Has there been any proposal for the large plot of land just to the north along the south side of M St between 1st St & New Jersey Ave? Seems like such a prime piece of land fronting M Street to continue to sit vacant.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Will be good to see that land just east of the ballpark finally redeveloped.

Has there been any proposal for the large plot of land just to the north along the south side of M St between 1st St & New Jersey Ave? Seems like such a prime piece of land fronting M Street to continue to sit vacant.

As of now, Parcel F on the northeast corner of 1st and N:

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...building/17828

Last edited by DCDevelopmentAddict; May 11, 2022 at 9:25 PM.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
As of now, Parcel F on the northeast corner of 1st and N:

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...building/17828
Thanks. Ok, so that's the southern part of the lot... in that rendering I see two twin buildings on the north side fronting M Street. Are those also office buildings and are there any details on them?

And a separate question. The cap over Connecticut Ave on the north side of Dupont Circle was proposed back in 2014. It's now 8 years later and this is the latest info I could find on its status, which indicated it could potentially begin construction this year depending on funding. I haven't seen anything since so I'm guessing there's still little to no movement on a finalized plan and funding? Any updates available?

The Latest Design for the Dupont Circle Deckover, Complete with Bike Lanes

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Thanks. Ok, so that's the southern part of the lot... in that rendering I see two twin buildings on the north side fronting M Street. Are those also office buildings and are there any details on them?
The only thing official in that rendering is Parcel F.

I just remembered there's a proposal for a tech campus there between M and Quander St (Parcels A1, A2, A3), reported last Oct:

https://www.axios.com/local/washingt...ig-tech-campus

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 1:17 AM

That image shows how much the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood has changed from when there were no buildings behind center field at Nats Park and you could see the Capitol.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 1:23 AM

Thanks, DCDevelopmentAddict! Hope to see something like that developed sooner than later. Such a prime spot to remain vacant for so long, but in the end hopefully that extended time means something worthwhile gets built.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:10 PM

The article is paywalled but the DC Housing Authority is going to relocate its headquarters to Southwest and is planning to build 1,200 units of housing at its current headquarters.

D.C. Housing Authority selects new HQ, sale of longtime home 'imminent'

By Tristen Navera
May 11, 2022
Washington Business Journal

"The authority's property at 1133 North Capitol St. NE will be redeveloped with 1,200 apartments."

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...dquarters.html

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:12 PM

That photo of Nats Park shows what a waste of valuable land the two parking structures are.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 5:39 PM

The Lerners are putting the Nats up for sale, so hopefully somebody with deep pockets like Jeff Bezos buys the team and does something with those garages. You can fit at least one building where each of those garages are, and build underground parking.

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 5:31 PM

Rendering Revealed for One of the Largest New Residential Developments in Friendship Heights

May 13, 2022
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

"The most detailed rendering yet has been unveiled for one of the largest new residential developments on the boards in Friendship Heights.

Federal Realty presented their latest plans to redevelop Friendship Center, which houses DSW, Maggiano's, Marshalls, and the former Nordstrom Rack space at 5333 Wisconsin Avenue NW (map), to ANC 3E on Thursday night. At that meeting, a detailed rendering of the new development fronting Wisconsin Avenue was included with the presentation.

The redevelopment plans call for a 310-unit residential development above 12,000 square feet of retail. Designed by Shalom Baranes and landscape architect Gustafson Guthrie Nichol, the building is expected to employ biophilic design principles like greening on balconies. Fifteen percent of the residential space will be affordable to households earning up to 60% of median family income..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...dship-he/19643

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 4:21 PM

Quote:
The Lerners are putting the Nats up for sale, so hopefully somebody with deep pockets like Jeff Bezos buys the team and does something with those garages. You can fit at least one building where each of those garages are, and build underground parking.
I'm pretty sure that's the team being sold, not the property (DC). The parking garages suck and are likely not going anywhere in the near future, but at least it isn't a field of asphalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
Rendering Revealed for One of the Largest New Residential Developments in Friendship Heights
The current buildings on site aren't bad from a streetfront pov but it's good to see residential being added around the metro; the vacant mall across the street is also slated for redevelopment so hopefully the area's parking lots are next.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDC View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the team being sold, not the property (DC). The parking garages suck and are likely not going anywhere in the near future, but at least it isn't a field of asphalt.

If the team's ownership wants to modify the park, and has to the money to do so, why wouldn't it be approved? We've seen approval of plans, from the Nationals, for an entertainment venue attachment:

https://lerner.com/news/heres-a-look...ationals-park/

Last edited by DCDevelopmentAddict; May 15, 2022 at 1:47 AM.

Old Posted May 15, 2022, 6:03 PM

Quote:
If the team's ownership wants to modify the park, and has to the money to do so, why wouldn't it be approved? We've seen approval of plans, from the Nationals, for an entertainment venue attachment:

https://lerner.com/news/heres-a-look...ationals-park/
Thanks for the article, that's a modest addition on an empty corner of the lot, and for adjunct retail and entertainment spaces...part of the original plan but never completed. The article even mentions that "the stadium has only held a temporary certificate of occupancy for the past 11 years" because of that.

Replacing the decks with apartments would be a much better use as it's zoned to allow 90', but the stadium lot would need to be subdivided and those portions sold or transferred to a private entity (as done with Walter Reed for example) yet still provide stadium parking...a bit of a mess. The construction would be disruptive and costly, so I don't see it happening.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 8:55 PM

I walked by the Scottish Rite Temple today and it's great to see this development finally under construction on the backside fronting 15th & S streets!

Renderings (I hope trees are planted along the street)

source

source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations