HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm just saying, but it's not shocking that many people curiously forgiving of Russia's misdeeds are calling for (exaggerated air quotes) "peace talks" when it is becoming a virtual certainty that Ukraine is about to strike back hard:

Ukraine is preparing to strike back against Russia. Timing will be key

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/europ...ntl/index.html

I'm sure it is all a coincidence, however
Yup. Ukraine needs to have the knife to Putin's throat in order to be able to negotiate from any sort of position of strength where they might achieve partial justice. This means cutting off Crimea from the north and east and making Russia's occupation untenable.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Yup. Ukraine needs to have the knife to Putin's throat in order to be able to negotiate from any sort of position of strength where they might achieve partial justice. This means cutting off Crimea from the north and east and making Russia's occupation untenable.
Unfortunately, the battle of Bakhmut may be coming to an end, as the Russians now hold most of the city, and the Ukrainians want to avoid being encricled. However, was it worth it? A rather insignificant city of 75,000 residents that Russia threw everything into, including tens of thousands of Wagner Group soldiers that had an average life expectancy of 4 hours.

Russia is on the ropes, and their manpower has been depleted with the massive amounts of casualties. When the ground is dry, I hope Ukraine can succeed in taking back most of it's land in the Donesk, and push towards Crimea.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 11:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Unfortunately, the battle of Bakhmut may be coming to an end, as the Russians now hold most of the city, and the Ukrainians want to avoid being encricled. However, was it worth it? A rather insignificant city of 75,000 residents that Russia threw everything into, including tens of thousands of Wagner Group soldiers that had an average life expectancy of 4 hours.

Russia is on the ropes, and their manpower has been depleted with the massive amounts of casualties. When the ground is dry, I hope Ukraine can succeed in taking back most of it's land in the Donesk, and push towards Crimea.
Russians started the war with the premise that NATO was expanding into Ukraine and was a threat, the end result was Finland joining NATO with Sweden to follow!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Wow, my days are now going to have about an extra 20 minutes in them compared to the last few days now that I won’t have this thread to entertain me.

On a more serious note, I do hope that DJ’s ban is only a temporary holiday. Although I disagree with many/most of his opinions, he makes this a much more entertaining site.
I agree with a temporary suspension (unless there are things behind the scenes I am unaware of). I too, am guilty of being stubborn, and hot-headed. Perhaps if we make a gentleman's agreement to refrain from personal insults, it could result in a constructive dialogue.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2023, 6:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with a temporary suspension (unless there are things behind the scenes I am unaware of). I too, am guilty of being stubborn, and hot-headed. Perhaps if we make a gentleman's agreement to refrain from personal insults, it could result in a constructive dialogue.
Hijacking every thread deserved a permanent ban!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 7:39 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
I'd like to see him back too. He is a wildcard, but recently has started to show more restraint in where he posts politics (ie., not in the Regina Construction thread)

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 8:31 PM

If he would only refrain from personally attacking people he doesn't even know, he would be bearable. It is not that hard to agree to disagree without name calling.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 10:36 PM

No leave him out. He offended a lot of Canadians with Ukrainian heritage on here. Also It’s nice not seeing his posts after post after post, complaining about the Manitoba government which has absolutely zero effect on his life.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 2:22 PM

I don't think what he was saying was any more offensive than what others on here have said about other groups of people. He is just much more blunt about it. I did have issue with how he constantly belittled people. Though many on here are guilty of that from time to time.

Unrelated to DJF, did anyone else know that this forum requires you wait 30 seconds between posts? I mean, it is probably never a problem but a weird quirk.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 7:17 PM
BANNED

Djs go post out on skyrisecities, we need more prairie posters there. The mods here are the biggest nerds

Last edited by sleepyeyed; Apr 13, 2023 at 1:59 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 7:38 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeyed View Post
Djs go post out on skyrisecities, we need more prairie posters there. The mods here are the biggest nerds

1ajs didn't get stuffed in enough trash cans as a kid and is now so desperate to be liked and have some power
Someone should stuff you in a trash can, friend.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeyed View Post

1ajs didn't get stuffed in enough trash cans as a kid and is now so desperate to be liked and have some power
This is a forum centred around Skyscrapers. If your intent was to find cool kids, you made a big mistake coming here.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 10:49 PM

I think all of you are cool kids.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 5:20 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

sleepy nice way to blow ur cover u been banned many times bye bye

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
This is a forum centred around Skyscrapers. If your intent was to find cool kids, you made a big mistake coming here.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 6:09 PM
BANNED

Got to love the heaps of rubble strewn across the city that sit for months and months, city looks like it was bombed in places! Drove down North Main and couldn't believe the remnants of a burned out building still sitting there since early March!

Give a property/land owner 60-90 days to remove any material if it's not removed then charge them to have it done and add it to their tax bill!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 6:27 PM

^ Yeah, that is brutal. The City will hound people about trivial code infractions but a giant pile of charred rubble sitting untouched for months on end? No problem, be our guest!

On another note, does anyone know what is going on with Parkview Place? I thought it was going to be repurposed after the multiple PCH fiascos that went on there in recent years. Was it ever announced what it is becoming? With the increase in the number of immigrants and refugees in recent years, it seems to me that it would make a good IRCOM House-type transitional housing facility.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 8:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Yeah, that is brutal. The City will hound people about trivial code infractions but a giant pile of charred rubble sitting untouched for months on end? No problem, be our guest!

On another note, does anyone know what is going on with Parkview Place? I thought it was going to be repurposed after the multiple PCH fiascos that went on there in recent years. Was it ever announced what it is becoming? With the increase in the number of immigrants and refugees in recent years, it seems to me that it would make a good IRCOM House-type transitional housing facility.
The incompetence from city officials both elected and in positions of authority is mind boggling, it’s to the point where the Federal or Provincial govt. need to take over and manage the city’s affairs!

Having parts of Winnipeg look like Kharkiv or Mariupol after they were bombed is disgraceful!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 10:45 PM

I'm struggling to think of a single part of Winnipeg that looks anything even remotely close to an actual war zone. I get that rubble from fires doesn't look great but c'mon it's not comparable at all to cities that have endured months of artillery strikes and urban warfare....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan