HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 2:47 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEmperorPenguin View Post
The idea that newcomers are a problem is already what most of council believes, they aren't trying to "do something about it" by preventing people selling/moving out (which wouldn't even be possible), instead they scapegoat new residents for letting city services rot. And the "lifeblood of the neighborhoods" people aren't even better for the neighborhoods, so it's nonsense to begin with.

That's why I'm saying it's insane, it's a mindset that we can watch in real time have bad outcomes for the city
You are not watching what I am saying in real time because what I am suggesting is not being done. And again you are making up your own things from what I am saying, as nowhere did I say prevent people from selling/moving out.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 5:58 PM

Wilmington

Sorry some of these pics are two weeks old - I've been lazy, but things are progressing nicely in Wilmington!

Westover project at 901 N. Market Street-

Bardea Steak is now open - if you can get a reservation, good luck!

Wilma's is very nice - thanks BPG!

Fences up for the new Chancery Market in front of the Hercules Building-

Lincoln Square on Lower Market Street - 41 luxury apts nearing completion-

Down on the other side of the Riverfront:

The River House Apartments are flying now, 2 buildings, 150 luxury apts-
https://www.liveriverhouse.com/

The Luxor-

The Salvation Army has signs up about their closing soon, moving to new building next to the 76ers Fieldhouse/Chase Center in September, so expect the new riverwalk/infrastructure projects, and demolition of this building to begin very soon-

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 12:34 PM
Chris

Article is a little confusing, and this legislation doesn't touch on the embarrassing $7.25 PA / federal minimum wage.

Pennsylvania’s minimum wage and tip regulations change on Friday. What will it look like?

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20220801.html

Going into effect on Friday, Aug. 5, the new regulations update old laws regarding tipped workers, which have not been touched since 1977.
“Our regulations sometimes are a bit unclear or silent on certain areas and I think that these updates provide greater clarity to the business community and to workers who are being impacted by them,” said Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry Secretary Jennifer Berrier.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 4:58 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

I can't wait for Riverfront East infrastructure to start, it's gonna change that whole area.

I'm very pleased with Market St, years of work has made it into a desirable place and that speaks for all of Wilmington.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2022, 12:47 AM

I happened to stumble upon this video talking about SEPTA and the KOP extension line, and thought I'd share it in case you guys haven't seen it. Just curious, what do you think about what this guy has to say? I'm not really in the loop on SEPTA or the Philly suburbs in PA so I'm curious if you guys agree/disagree with what is said in his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8W9iGLRA4

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 12:59 PM
Chris

Million Dollar Listing Main Line (Bravo reference )

Bidding wars, cash offers, off-market deals continue to fuel red hot Main Line housing market
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...22-redfin.html

The Main Line housing market is showing no signs of cooling down despite nationwide warnings of slowing sales and potential buyers shying away. By some indicators, the Main Line is the hottest it's ever been.

Despite the uncertainty brought on by rising interest and mortgage rates, a volatile stock market and record-high inflation, the Philadelphia-area market has continued to attract buyers. Locally, prices are rising, many offers are still facing competing bids and Philadelphia is attracting out-of-town buyers like never before. Amid that, Philadelphia's affluent suburbs seem to be reaching new heights in the face of external pressures that traditionally produce a rapidly cooling market.

As of June, the lower Main Line — the area bounded by Route 476, the Schuylkill Expressway and City Avenue — is seeing its highest median sale price ($697,500), its highest sale-to-list price ratio (104.4%) and the highest percentage of homes to go above list price (59.3%), since real estate firm Redfin began tracking the data five years ago. It's also seeing homes leave the market at a median of 15 days, the lowest number in five years.

For example, Main Line Realtor Robin Gordon, an agent with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Fox & Roach, had 20 showings and multiple offers on a Bryn Mawr house she listed on Wednesday and that was sold by Thursday.

Both frequently sell homes in the seven-figure range, but Yakulis said she's also seeing a large number of buyers looking to downsize from their Main Line mansions, but still want to stay in the area. A lack of inventory for homes just below $1 million has led to a buying "frenzy," she said.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2022, 3:53 PM
Me?!?

Possible “Town Center” in West Conshohocken takes initial steps

http://westconsho.com/wp-content/upl...r-Vision-1.pdf

The document then outlines five primary and four secondary objectives for the creation of a town center. The primary objectives include:

-repurposing the Borough Hall building for restaurant or retail space
-the construction of a parking garage adjacent to the Borough Hall building
-the creation of a public plaza
-creating a better pedestrian connection between the Borough Hall property, Saint Gertrude’s property, and the park
-allowing for the conversion of homes along Front and Ford streets to small-scale retail at street level and another above (retail or office)

The secondary objectives are:

-pedestrian bridges over Front Street and Matsonford Road
-encourage the creation of a walkway under the Matsonford Bridge (this was part of the Conshohocken/Whitemarsh Riverfront Plan)
-encourage non-pedestrian destinations such as a library, museum, or training center within the town center or nearby
-a landmark “West Conshohocken” sign on a pedestrian bridge

https://morethanthecurve.com/possibl...initial-steps/

Old Posted Aug 7, 2022, 4:00 PM
Me?!?

Unfortunately I had known that the homeless population has exploded in Norristown because I can see it and it has been stretching out to neighboring areas but I had no idea that there was a 118% increase in MontCo from 2021-22!

Advocates say there’s ‘no place’ for unhoused people in Norristown, where it may soon be illegal to stay in parks past dusk

https://whyy.org/articles/norristown...ark-ordinance/

“We’ve seen homelessness at record levels … we’ve never seen so much homelessness,” said Jessica Fenchel, vice president of adult behavioral health for Access Services, which does outreach to people without housing in several eastern Pennsylvania counties.

The number of unhoused people across Montgomery County has risen by at least 118% from 2021 to 2022, according to the county’s 2022 Point-in-Time (PIT) count. According to the PIT, as of January 2022, 568 individuals were sleeping in one of the county’s emergency shelters (including hotel rooms paid for with public funding), transitional housing projects, or outdoors.

Of the 568 unhoused people, about 200 are based in Norristown, according to Mike Kingsley, the shelter and outreach manager at the Norristown Hospitality Center.

On top of that, the Coordinated Homeless Outreach Center — Montgomery County’s only 24/7 emergency housing service for single adults — closed on June 30. The organization tried to extend their lease to bid for more time to find a new home, but Norristown rejected the request. The land is set to be conveyed to Norristown.

Norristown is one of the poorest Municipalities in Montgomery County, rent is on the rise, and affordable housing is scarce across the suburbs. Many people in Norristown are on the brink of homelessness, Kingsley said. The Norristown Hospitality Center is “constantly” getting calls from families who say they are about to lose their apartment, he said.

“The timing of this is saying, even more … to people who are homeless: ‘There’s no place for you,’” Fenchel said.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 3:40 PM
Me?!?

Apartments in Whitemarsh moving through approval process

During the July 26th meeting of the Whitemarsh Township Planning Commission, the members voted 4-2 to recommend to the township’s board of supervisors that they grant “Conditional Final Plan” approval to KW Acquisition Corporation for its plan to construct 598 apartments straddling the board of the township and the Borough of Conshohocken at 401 and 433 Washington Street.

https://morethanthecurve.com/apartme...roval-process/

Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 9:00 PM
Chris

A developer plans luxury homes on a beloved Main Line property. But locals are pushing to ‘Save Rock Hill Farm.’

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20220808.html

Long owned by a conservation-minded local family, Rock Hill Farm was purchased for $25.4 million last December by the high-profile developer and businessman J. Brian O’Neill, who is seeking approval to build as many as 22 luxury houses on portions of the 246-acre property.

In a July 7 letter, Campbell presented to the commission three potential approaches to developing the property at South Valley, White Horse, and Grubb Roads.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 9:32 PM
BANNED

I live in Pottstown, lucky my fiancé owns the house even though we are still looking to move because in the last 5 years that I’ve lived in Pottstown, things weren’t that bad until around Covid happened. I’ve seen the homeless population explode in Pottstown. I used to work at a recovery house in Pottstown that housed about 45 “patients”. Most were sent to the house straight from jail/mental institutions/medical facilities”. I worked there about a year until I switched to vending; literally a year tomorrow. I’ve noticed since the house was right next to a shelter. Often, almost every day I would show up to work and go smoke a cigarette with the Paitents and ask them how they’re day was, I would find homeless sleeping in the smoking area (since it is a covered area with seating) because the shelter was full, every other day or so it would seem more and more homeless were showing up in Pottstown. Coming home since I cross where I used to work over high st and it’s next to the library and the only 2 towers in Pottstown. There’s more then I’ve seen since I would visit my grandma in Kensington back in the day, (before 2010). Pottstown homeless population was a problem 2 years ago and it does seem like it’s doubled.

I live a block away from where the 2 houses in Pottstown blew up and killed 5. Id walk my dog over to the empty lots to go shit and the kids that lived there used to want to pet him and my dog loved that. After the explosion when they were checking the houses that were in the vicinity of the explosion, they condemned 12 houses and I was talking to the families that lived there that I knew prior to the explosion, some are they themselves homeless now because they didn’t get much $/or no $ at all yet and got no where to go and are homeless too now.

I was driving though Norristown today to try and grab some pics of the court house that’s under construction and got crap pics of 134 Elm st In conshy. But I noticed and commented to my colleague that the homeless are everywhere like in Kensington in Norristown it seems, at almost every light I stopped, the more I noticed just how bad the homeless population is growing in Norristown.

It’s sad that all these people are homeless and they’re building apartments that have less then 1k sq ft and are selling them for $1,750 knowing damn well that there are pockets with high density and poverty who are getting priced out of even the suburbs.

Sorry if it’s off topic at all it’s something I deal with and hear about from Pottstown people and my wife who isn’t from Pottstown or the region.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 4:10 PM

Merck is among 4 life sciences companies taking space at Spring House Innovation Park

Quote:
Four tenants including Merck & Co. signed deals totaling 117,000 square feet at Spring House Innovation Park in Lower Gwynedd, contributing to an abundance of life sciences leasing that has occurred across the region so far this year.

Leases totaling more than 500,000 square feet were signed in Philadelphia and its suburbs during the first six months of the year and the rate of those deals is higher than many of the other major life sciences markets, according to a JLL report. When it came to leasing activity, the Philadelphia market outpaced areas that are hotbeds of life sciences activity including San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham, though it lagged behind San Diego.

“In a relatively young market like Philadelphia, this leasing is overwhelmingly in first-generation life sciences space with projects such as One uCity Square, Spring House Innovation Park and 250 King of Prussia Road seeing the most activity,” the JLL report said.

The four new leases completed at Spring House bring the 14-building, 600,000-square-foot campus up to 60% occupied. The biggest deal involved Merck. The Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company, which has a large presence about six miles away in West Point, leased an entire 78,000-square-foot lab building on the campus.

"Merck is committed to being the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company, bringing creative minds together to transform world-class science into life-changing medicines and vaccines," the company said in a statement. "After evaluating several options, the Spring House Innovation Park was considered the optimal choice to build upon our long-standing presence in Pennsylvania, as an active member of the SHIP campus community."

The space will support Merck's vaccines pipeline, the company said.

Other tenants that leased space at the innovation park include: Seres Therapeutics, a Cambridge, Massachusetts, microbiome therapeutics company that is new to the market and took 7,000 square feet in Building 9; Tavotek Biotherapeutics, an existing tenant at Spring House, expanded and now occupies 4,000 square feet; and FlowMetric Inc., a contract research organization, leased 26,000 square feet in Building 4 and relocated from the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center of Bucks County in Doylestown.

Spring House has attracted a number of life sciences companies and related organizations.

For example, Roquette, a family-owned business in France that produces plant-based ingredients used by pharmaceutical and nutraceutical companies, spent $25 million on 23,000 square feet for a regional headquarters at the property. Thomas Jefferson University’s Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing announced last year it was expanding by 40,000 square feet on the campus. Jefferson had opened the institute in 25,000 square feet in 2019.

Beacon Capital Partners, which owns the campus in partnership with MRA Group, plans to move forward with the redevelopment of 100,000 square feet of lab space and two 12,000-square-foot speculative lab suites.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel..._8&cx_artPos=0

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 4:56 PM

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 3:22 PM

Lancaster City infill

I know Lancaster City might be a geographical stretch for this forum, but thought you all might be interested. Really nice infill project in the heart of the city. 150 apartments.
https://lancasteronline.com/business...a12ca183c.html

Last edited by pablo16; Aug 16, 2022 at 3:33 PM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 5:57 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo16 View Post
I know Lancaster City might be a geographical stretch for this forum, but thought you all might be interested. Really nice infill project in the heart of the city. 150 apartments.
https://lancasteronline.com/business...a12ca183c.html
We have a thread that includes Lancaster that you can post this in (or the mods can move it):

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...43038&page=166

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 12:08 AM

^^ I posted about this project in the thread EastSideHBG linked but it looks like they increased the size since then. They bought the building at the corner, which they'll tear down and it says they'll add 30 more apartments now. Much better than the parking lot that was there!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
We have a thread that includes Lancaster that you can post this in (or the mods can move it):

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...43038&page=166
Good to know, I’ll definitely post there, I look up regional stuff all the time. Cities around a Philly like Lancaster and Allentown are really booming right now. I often find myself wanting to post about them but then being like “nah it’s not in the metro.”

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 2:19 PM

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:09 PM

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:12 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations