HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
I love how quickly this is moving. Construction expected to start in Q2 of 2023... thats about 6 months away!
according to uncommon name in the post above, construction is scheduled for Q2 this year.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
according to uncommon name in the post above, construction is scheduled for Q2 this year.
To add, it appears demolition is currently taking place according to PMaps. Building permit remains under review.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2023, 8:24 AM
BANNED

Happened to be in the area and unfortunately demolition looks to be nowhere happening soon..

I have a feeling this project is going to be one of those ghost situations

Old Posted Mar 19, 2023, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Happened to be in the area and unfortunately demolition looks to be nowhere happening soon..

I have a feeling this project is going to be one of those ghost situations
breath in to the count of 4, hold and exhale to the count of 4 repeating the mantra, "it will happen, it will happen, it will happen"

Old Posted Mar 19, 2023, 9:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
breath in to the count of 4, hold and exhale to the count of 4 repeating the mantra, "it will happen, it will happen, it will happen"
Hahah that’s hilarious

Just updating the folks it’s nowhere near ready to demo. It’s not even fenced off. Lol

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 12:19 AM

This’ll be a great development. Hoping the crap talking about it not even at demo is just tilting at windmills.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 2:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPO View Post
This’ll be a great development. Hoping the crap talking about it not even at demo is just tilting at windmills.
Just reporting it’s nowhere close to looking like it’s about to get demolished. Even had a bunch of cars parked next to it with no fence or anything

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 2:33 AM

You earlier jumped to calling this potentially a ghost project. There’s no reason to assume this at this point.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Just reporting it’s nowhere close to looking like it’s about to get demolished. Even had a bunch of cars parked next to it with no fence or anything
They don't have their demo permit approved yet: https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...did/?p=R246187

Separately, it's rare to see demolition occur prior to building permit issuance because it's more cost effective to demo, excavate, and build up sequentially. The only real benefit to demoing early is to reduce tax liability for the following tax year, which means they have until 12/31/23 to demolish the existing Athletic Club.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 4:18 PM

From post #49 of this thread, the developer "expects construction to commence in the second quarter of 2023". It's possible that that has slipped, but even if it hasn't we wouldn't necessarily expect to see a lot of activity on-site yet. Per the main building permit, corrections to the permit were sent to the city just two weeks ago. That wouldn't be likely to be happening if the project were on hold.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 6:33 PM

Breath everyone... It's not even Q2 yet! lol

Really though, they could easily start demo in the next 3 months and still hit that original target of a Q2 2023 start that was reported.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 8:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
From post #49 of this thread, the developer "expects construction to commence in the second quarter of 2023". It's possible that that has slipped, but even if it hasn't we wouldn't necessarily expect to see a lot of activity on-site yet. Per the main building permit, corrections to the permit were sent to the city just two weeks ago. That wouldn't be likely to be happening if the project were on hold.
I see. But that’s what I was assuming that construction was suppose to start soon since Q2 was around the corner so when I saw demo hadn’t even started yet I thought something was up.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 6:18 PM

New Design Advice Request, via Portland Maps. I assume that this is for the future building pad at the north end of the site:

Quote:
Multi-family high-rise development on former Riverplace Ath.Club site (R246187). This development would be a Phase 1 of the in-process CCMP for the entire Riverplace site (LU 21-053731). The project is designed under Hierarchy Level 2a. Runoff will be treated using ecoroofs and stormwater planters designed to meet the pollution reduction requirement using the 2020 Portland PAC. Flow control is not required due to the site discharging directly to the Willamette River through storm-only pipes. The project will be designed per the requirements listed in Portland¿s Central City 2035 Plan (CC2035), which includes a standard that requires ecoroofs on most new buildings in the Central City Plan District (see PCC 33.510.243). The proposed buildings will be constructed with a minimum of 60% of the roof area set aside for ecoroofs. The remaining roof area will be routed to planter facilities for treatment.
(Keeping this discussion in the main thread for now, but I may move this to a new thread later if appropriate.)

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 4:34 PM

Design Advice Request Notice and revised description from Portland Maps:

Quote:
DESIGN COMMISSION HEARING: Proposal for a new seven-story mixed use high-rise development on the former Riverplace Athletic Club site. Along with the recently completed Block 1-South development (LU 22-121266 DZM), this will complete Block 1/ Phase 1 of the RiverPlace Central City Masterplan (LU 21-053731 CCMP). The building will contain five floors of residential dwelling units over a two-story base. The upper level of the base faces Harbor Place to the west with food-focused retail space, and the lower level faces A Street to the east with retail at the corner, lobby, and parking access to underground parking, which will be connected to parking recently approved for the South part of Block 1. No potential modifications have been identified.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 5:14 PM
A before E

Quote:
Is this the second building for this site?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 6:33 PM

Yes. Tower is on the south half the Athletic Club site and the new midrise is on the north half of the site.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 11:11 PM
A before E

Quote:
Yes. Tower is on the south half the Athletic Club site and the new midrise is on the north half of the site.
That's what I was thinking it was, but got a little worried for a minute that this building got cut really short. Especially since we have seen that happen before.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2023, 2:07 AM
BANNED

Still nothing

Old Posted Jun 7, 2023, 8:36 PM

According to an engineer I know who's working on this project, it went on hold a month or two ago. I don't know the details.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakz View Post
According to an engineer I know who's working on this project, it went on hold a month or two ago. I don't know the details.
Thank you. I have been looking at the KOIN SE tower cam to see if the athletic club was disappearing or not.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland